Aggh - Smoking rooms bother my allergies- How can I ensure I get non-smoking

Lostinwdw

Earning My Ears
I booked a woods view room in the WL through expedia. Is there anyone I can call?

I was reading posts that referenced requests but I'm not sure who I call. Then I'm not sure if the expedia thing makes a difference.

I also read North Wing woods view would be nice. Would I put in a secondary request with the same place?

Thanks for your help.

Where is the WL link? I went to Trekkers post and the wl faq link says it is closed????

No need to worry, Florida just passed a law July 1st. No smoking anywhere indoors.

Just back from Disney on Aug 16. All rooms at AKL were marked non smoking on the doors.

Originally posted by Mrs.A
No need to worry, Florida just passed a law July 1st. No smoking anywhere indoors.

Just back from Disney on Aug 16. All rooms at AKL were marked non smoking on the doors.
All Florida hotels (including Disney) still have smoking rooms. You cannot smoke in hotel lobbies, bars or restaurants. When you get to the front desk, explain your situation. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

I don't think that applies to hotels. I spoke to a DVC manager a couple of weeks ago and she told me 95% of DVC rooms are non-smoking, so there are still some smoking available.

Lostinwdw - request non-smoking for medical reasons.

Depending on when your trip is, the old smoking rooms might still smell like it. I'm also allergic, so it's good to see someone else who is.

Anyway, I'm not sure how it works when you book through someone else. But I always have them note on my reservation that I am allergic to smoke and they guarentee me a non-smoking room. If it is a health issue they can guarentee it.

Maybe you can go ahead and call them to find out what you should do. Seems like you would need to let them know again just a few days before your arrival.

1 through 5th floors Woodsview are non-smoking. 6th floor is smoking.

Since you booked through Expedia, that is where to start, if that fails then make your request at checkin, they will accomadate you.

Originally posted by chellnjr
Personally, I would much rather have the people smoke in their rooms (not non-smoking rooms of course) than smoking outside. It really does a number on my lungs to breathe that in.
Let's try to stick to the topic and avoid another smoking vs. non-smoking debate ..

Originally posted by Tigger Woods
Let's try to stick to the topic and avoid another smoking vs. non-smoking debate ..

Sorry, I was not trying to cause any problems. I deleted that section from my post.

We've stayed at WL twice - requested non-smoking both times...made sure it said "for medical reasons" as my son has Asthma...and never had a problem. Note also that when we checked in (7/03), the CM told us there are very few smoking rooms left...so your odds of getting a non-smoking are higher than getting a smoking room. :)

I'd call Expedia and see if they can add it to your reservation. If they can't, I don't think it would hurt to call the WDW reservation line. They aren't supposed to touch your reservation if it is made elsewhere, but if it's for medical reasons...they might.

And, if neither of those work, then 3-4 days before you arrive, try calling WL directly and see if they would notate that for you...

But, I think it will be fine even if it doesn't get noted. It's kind of flipped around from the days when there were less non-smoking and more smoking optional rooms. Now it's the smoking optional rooms that are in the minority -- and in demand, as a large percentage of the population still smokes...larger than the percent of smoking rooms they have available. :)

I'm sure that if you call them directly and let them know that you're allergic to smoke, they'd be able to make a notation in your reservation to that effect.

I just made one yesterday for a different hotel, and when I was offered a pool view room- I said 'are those still smoking rooms?'. Of course she said that they were- but that it was all they had left.
I told her that my DH is allergic to smoke, and she put me on hold to confer with guest services. She came back a short time later and offered me a non-smoking room. Guaranteed.

Now the decision is to whether we want to extend our stay for another 3 nights.

Good Luck!!

A CM told me they will guarantee a non-smoking room if it is due to allergies.

Originally posted by dcgrumpy
A CM told me they will guarantee a non-smoking room if it is due to allergies.

My husband and I both have allergies and when we told disney, they guarenteed us a non-smoking room, they even resent our confirmation with that stated on it.

Call the hotel direct. We are staying at the BC Concierge so I contacted our planner. I told her my son has severe asmtha and could not stay near a smoking room or in a room that had been smoked in. Many people post that they enter their non-smoking room only to find someone has smoked in it. She forwarded on the info to the room assignor who will ensure the room is smoking-free. Make the call it's your vacation you want to be comfortable. I also ask if the concierge lounge was smoke free I certainly don't want my DS to become ill on our vacation. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter