Agent performs CPR on 4-year-old pulled from hotel pool

That's the first I've heard. I'm glad the boy will be o.k. I noticed how closely the life guards observed the pool when we were at AKL. They jumped in several times to assist kids that looked like they were in trouble.

Yes, I just heard of that tonight. The agent is not well-liked here in Philly as he is T.O.'s agent, and is advising him to sit out and not play for my beloved Eagles this season, even though he has a signed contract. But after this heroic act, maybe Drew isn't so bad!

I'm just amazed -- how in heck could a 4-year-old essentially drown in a Disney resort pool?!? When we were at POR in Feb, the lifeguards there march around, circling the pool at its very edge, head bowed, eyes down on the water %100 of the time, scanning and looking constantly for any troubled pool patrons. My wife and I noticed that and were impressed, felt like our kids (all under 11) were that little bit safer. So, without knowing the facts of the incident today, I'm just stunned this happened at GF -- bet the Disney folks don't like THIS type of PR.

Way to go, Drew, in saving this little boy's life, and Thank God the boy is going to be fine.

This happened Tuesday afternoon, not at night.

Here's the latest from ESPN.com (link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2111853 ) :

Agent gives CPR to 4-year-old pulled from pool
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In the new logo that emblazons the front of the T-shirts often worn by the few employees of Rosenhaus Sports Representation, the "S" is large and exaggerated, reminiscent of the famous crest worn by Superman.

On Tuesday afternoon, for one imperiled toddler, NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus, who collects superhero figurines as a hobby, became a real-life Superman.

Orange County (Fla.) Police confirmed that Rosenhaus, acting quickly in a moment of crisis, saved the life of 4-year-old Maurice Hill, who had essentially drowned in the pool at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando. Rosenhaus administered CPR to Hill, who had no pulse when he was yanked from the pool, until paramedics arrived and took over the treatment of the youngster.

"He basically brought [Hill] back," said Cpl. Carlos Torres, public information officer for the Orange County Police Department. "The kid was gone and [Rosenhaus] saved a life. It's legitimate. Who knows how it would have turned out had he not been around? The guy was a hero today."

Said Cpl. Bob Leben, the deputy who commenced the investigation of the incident: "[Rosenhaus] certainly stepped up."

Hill was transported to Celebration Hospital, where police said he was listed in stable condition. Hospital officials did not immediately return messages, nor could the Hill family be reached. A spokesperson at the hotel also confirmed the events.

Rosenhaus was in Orlando for an appearance at the ESPN Club and to meet with some of his clients. He took a short break from business to honor a promise he had made, to take his girlfriend to the pool, when the incident occurred.

"When I was in high school, I was a lifeguard, and had learned CPR," Rosenhaus said. "In a situation like that, instincts kind of take over, I think. Let me tell you, this is the happiest day of my life. To save a little boy like that, who has his whole life in front of him, it's incredibly gratifying."

So does this make the price for T.O. go up even more?!?

The other day T.O. was comparing himself to Jesus :worship: in the way people are persecuting him over his refusing to play (give me a break, T.O.).....now Drew saves a child from drowning.

If these two show up at The Wailing Wall, dressed in animal skins and pronouncing judgments on the world, we're all in trouble 'cause we'd be Left Behind. :sad2:

Hey, you gotta give Drew credit for stepping up and helping save a kid's life. Even if he is a "shark" when it comes to how he behaves as an agent, he deserves all of the publicity this kind of thing will bring.

That said, I hope the Eagles sue T.O. for breach of contract and take the loudmouthed punk for everything he's got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter