Age vs Life vs Long Lunches ? ? ?

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:eek::eek::eek:

I turned 70 in October. My knees hurt my shoulders ache. The hills are getting steeper. I can live with that stuff. Yes things are changing, but my major concern is:

At what age does your brain start going to lunch ; long lunches.

Examples: Shirley (DW) where are my glasses ?---'Nitwit, you are wearing them'.----Keys don't go in the truck ignition ; whoops, keys belong to DWs car.----Look at that Grounghog, about 180 yards. Yes my lil .17 cal hmr can do it. CLICK ! ! ! What the he** ! !. No shell in the chamber. Pack truck. My waders, my fly fishing vest, my release doo hickey, arrive on Letort, great trout fly fishing stream----OH NO. Where is my favorite 7 1/2 foot Fly Rod ? At home in the garage.

Also, my spelling SUCKS. I am using the dictionary more than when I was in 4th grade.

Is this an over-reaction or am I starting to take extended lunches ????????

john---PS: I don't drink. Will that help ???????????????????

Also, my spelling SUCKS. I am using the dictionary more than when I was in 4th grade.
They had dictionaries when you were in 4th grade? Did they even have grades back then?

:scratchin
:eek::eek::eek:

PS: I don't drink. Will that help ???????????????????

Yes.::yes::

Seriously though, it sounds pretty normal to me. :scratchin Then again...maybe I've got something to worry about. :rolleyes1

I hate to hear it, but usually when things like that happen to me, it's beause I have a lot on my mind and life is going in 20 different directions. :headache:

Everybody forgets stuff. The problem is when you start to lose your short term memory and not only can't remember what you had for lunch, but whether you even had lunch. Also be aware if your mind starts to wander. Man, that was a good cup of coffee I just had. Boy I could use a cup of coffee right now, wonder when I had one last? What the heck am I writing? Man, am I needing a cup of something about now. Where am I? How did I get here? I'd go home if I knew how to get there.

John don't worry until you walk into a room and forget why you went in there. Or are in mid sentence and forget what you were saying. :upsidedow

:banana::banana::banana:

Boy, you gals and guys are great. I feel better about my brain being 'out for long lunches'.

Got any suggestions about fixing this old BOD ???? Can you make the hills a tad less steeper ????????

For Wak648----They did have dictionaries back in my 4th grade. I think they called it the Old Testament or something like that.

Well, I just forgot something----That's the breaks.

A SPECIAL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
johnnie

I say the only time you need to worry about those long lunches are when you make it all the way to the car before you realize you forgot to put your pants on.

Dang I'm hungry,,wonder whats for lunch today ??

You are not alone. Look at it this way... The brain has a limited capacity. The longer we live, the more crap we try to file away. Something's got to give. Too bad we can't Delete the stuff we wish we could forget to free up some space.

John, don't feel bad. The older guy in the campsite across from us just called the cops because he thought his car was stolen. He drove it last night to one of the sites behind us and then walked back to his site. Suddenly this afternoon he realized that his car was not at his site and called the cops. Kinda scarey that this guy is driving a motorhome especially because he's not real steady when he's walking around. It think it's time he stops driving a big rig.

Sometimes forgetting things is a good thing. And another thing.......................shoot

:confused3:confused3

My Son (we had fun growing up together) said as a Computer Tech ; "Dad you have to learn to de-frag your brain".

That kinda fits with what Judy in Texas said about, "brain & limited capacity, crap filed in there, freeing up space etc".

Not being computer literate, does de-frag mean "shaking my head really hard, till the all of the junk falls out of my ears".
That was 1 of a few solutions I came up with. The other ones escape me for now. I'll work on trying to ___________ DUH ! ! !
john

:confused3:confused3

My Son (we had fun growing up together) said as a Computer Tech ; "Dad you have to learn to de-frag your brain".

That kinda fits with what Judy in Texas said about, "brain & limited capacity, crap filed in there, freeing up space etc".

Not being computer literate, does de-frag mean "shaking my head really hard, till the all of the junk falls out of my ears".
That was 1 of a few solutions I came up with. The other ones escape me for now. I'll work on trying to ___________ DUH ! ! !
john

you could always use a que-tip;)

I like beer, that is something I will never forget. If I do at least I will hae a pleasent surprise everytime I try it again for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter