Age upon check-in?

Marie17

DIS Veteran
How old do you have to be in order to check-in by yourself? My son who will be attending the US Air Force Academy will be getting Christmas break before our other children's schools let out. We are trying to plan where he can fly out of Colorado Springs and go to Disney for the week prior to our arrival at Disney for Christmas. This would give him a little time to completely relax from all his hardwork and be at a place he truly loves.

I know it will be extremely busy. Just trying to figure out if an 18 year old can check in - the reservation would be compeletly paid for.

Just make sure he has photo ID and and credit crad or call with one to leave on file. Even though you are paid in full I believe they still need one.

I was 18 flying in from college to meet my family. My flight got in first so I headed to GF to check in. My dad called ahead of time to tell them that this would be okay, etc. But upon arrival they wanted to contact my dad to verify - but he was on the plane! I was pretty upset so finally they had the manager walk me over to my room. It shouldn't be a problem but I would suggest letting them know that it will be happening.

How old do you have to be in order to check-in by yourself? My son who will be attending the US Air Force Academy will be getting Christmas break before our other children's schools let out. We are trying to plan where he can fly out of Colorado Springs and go to Disney for the week prior to our arrival at Disney for Christmas. This would give him a little time to completely relax from all his hardwork and be at a place he truly loves.

I know it will be extremely busy. Just trying to figure out if an 18 year old can check in - the reservation would be compeletly paid for.

Have you thought about making ressies at SOG? With his military ID he is eligible to stay there and so are you (he can sponsor up to three rooms total). In the military, if you're old enough to be shot at, your a grown up - so no one would look askance at a 17yo with ID checking in (a lot of them are married and have kids.) It's a really nice hotel, great location and very affordable.

Like Disney Fool said 18 yrs old that what it states on the Disney web site if you are making reseversations.

Is he issued an ID that can be used at SOG? I know he takes an oath but is not "active" duty per se meaning he is pursuing his degree and his commission at the Academy.

Is he issued an ID that can be used at SOG? I know he takes an oath but is not "active" duty per se meaning he is pursuing his degree and his commission at the Academy.

Yep, he'll get his mil ID, be able to use the medical facilities, shop in the commissary and go to SOG (and Hale Koa in HI, etc) Lots of great benefits available for those wishing to sacrifice for their country. Once he starts school, they've got him by the 'nads so he might as well take advantage :rotfl:

From the SOG.org website:

Eligibility Requirements
Shades of Green is an Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) available to certain eligible members of the U.S. Armed Forces community, their families, and certain civilians in the DoD and elsewhere. Please read below for the exact requirements for authorized patronage at Shades of Green.

Patronage at this AFRC is restricted to...

contact us for more info.

Armed Forces Servicemembers and their families- Service Members on Active Duty, Reserve Components (Ready Reserve and National Guard; Reservists in Training) Cadets of Service Academies.
Other Uniformed Services- Members of the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service and Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on active duty.

AND

Sponsoring

As an eligible Shades of Green guest, you may sponsor up to three rooms. In addition, a dependent spouse can also sponsor up to three rooms provided the following conditions are met...

You are a registered guest at Shades of Green
You agree to be responsible for your guests
You must accompany your guest at time of check in. Sponsored guest will not be authorized to check in without the sponsor being present
Sponsored guest reservations must check in on the same day and must depart before or on the same day as your reservation
You accompany your guests while purchasing attraction tickets
Your guests must follow the rules of the resort

Eligible Shades of Green guests have used this unique Sponsorship program to bring in-laws, grandparents, close family friends and relatives to share in their vacation fun. This is especially helpful if you are planning an intimate wedding or family reunion to be held at Shades of Green. Many servicemembers on leave from OIF/OEF have used this option to reunite with family members here in Orlando. Family members get to enjoy their loved ones in a low stress environment away from the pressures of daily life and maximize their time together.

* During the "Hollydays" (Christmas, New Year's) only three rooms per military sponsor are allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter