Age Restriction for AirTran Business Class

TaraPA

Can't live without a ticker!!!!
I've been all over the AT site & can't seem to find what the minimum age is to fly in Business Class? I'm rushing now but will call later, just thought my DIS friends might know the answer more quickly!

Why would there be an age restriction? If you pay the money thy can sit there. Dd flies first class all the time.

Oddly enough, I've heard friends complain about kids in first and/or business class. My kids behave very well when we fly; heck last time we flew coach and were way back in the plane, the flight attendant commented that my son was the first person who had actually said "thank you" to her for a beverage. Bottom line, if you're willing to pay the premium, the airlines will take your money.

The only time I've seen an age restriction when flying first class (or business class in some planes) is on planes with pods/suites. Some of these use a "herringbone" pattern (so the seats are not facing directly forward) which makes the use of carseats unsafe and the parent is not within arm's reach of the child. Even there, in many cases the rule isn't that the child cannot fly in that class, but that they cannot use a car seat and there are specific seating configurations that need to be booked.

Cool! I thought I had read on here that there was an age restriction.

We have enough points to get free upgrade vouchers, and since AT pulled out of our airport, I have no further use for the points. Now it will just come down to if there are 3 Business Class seats available to upgrade to with the vouchers the day before travel. We're already split up all over the plane in coach (recently booked a flight for next week & that's all that was left), so I guess if only 1 or 2 us get it, that's ok too. They're 11 & 15 & fly a lot, so no need to sit together. They will put on their headphones & that will be the end of them til we land.

Thanks for the info!

There was an article on this on CNN this week-- the attitude is definitely out there (though how prevalent it is I couldn't say) that kids don't belong outside of coach. We will be taking our 1-year-old in first class later this month-- we wanted the space, and coach seats were not that much cheaper than first class on the particular flight we booked.

There isn't an age restriction.

(And yes business travelers will complain since in spite of the view of most parents their kids are not always "well behaved" LOL!)

I have seen kids flying in business class. The only time it irritated me was the little boy who watched his movie without headphones. It was an obnoxious children's movie and I was trying to sleep. If the child had had headphones, I'd have had no complaint.

I have been in business section multiple times with children who were lap babies all the way to kids who were 15-17. No age restriction.

Liz

My kids have been flying AT business class since the youngest one was 6.

Not that it is a problem, I find it slightly amusing is the dirty looks and sometimes snarky comments as the regular ticketed passenger pass by and they see you with your kids in business class.

I think in all of our AT flights, only once did we not sit in bc and we've been flying them since 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter