Age for Adventurer's Club question

yes, for AC and CW. all other clubs are strictly 21+

We were there last night and there was a child that was about 2 years old there. There was also a child around 7 years old and a few tween to teenage children. There were some jokes that could have been raunchy but probably were not picked up by the kids!!!!

I've always wanted to try the AC, and we're going to take our almost 10 yr. old daughter this summer. The only thing we're worried about is that we read that you have to stay for awhile to get the feel for what is going on, and that might bore our DD. It's worth a try, though, right? Has anyone else taken kids with them?
Lucy's Mom

Yes, you can take kids (under 18 must be with parent/guardian.) But please, please, please don't! We were there a couple of weeks ago, and there were several kids there (just guessing, but age range 6-14 maybe.) the kids looked mostly bored, most of the time they were there. Anyway, a LOT of the humor is hm, shall we say VERY adult. Between the one young kid asking repeatedly "what's so funny,mum, what are they laughing at" and the other group's parents getting really angry about the adult humor (they had slightly older kids who obviously did get quite a bit of the humor, but apparently the parents didn't think it was appropriate,) it really put a damper on some of the fun for the rest of us there.

I'll probably get flamed by the parents who believe they should take their kids everywhere, but just because they allow kids there, I don't think it's a good idea to take them...

Really, this place is basically a BAR. They serve adult beverages here, not food.

i liken it to family guy. it gets heavy on innuendo but never explicit.

there's a main running theme that starts at the beginning and runs through the end which probably doesn't make as much sense if you jump in late and aren't familiar with it, but there are also mini shows going on throughout that don't tie together too much.

Hi! Just wondering if there is a time like early evening when it is more tame?? :rotfl: Also, is there a cover charge??

i meant to say that.. it starts out light and gets progressively more risque as the night goes on.

it (and the comedy warehouse) require multi-club admission. there is no single club admission for them. sometimes they have freeviews between 7-9 or so.

I plan on taking my niece with me in December. She'll be almost 13 at the time. I personnally think she'll be okay knowing our family.

It's a bar and it is pretty PG-13 with the humor. If your kid is "clueless" with adult innuendo, then they won't get most of the jokes. If your kid is not "clueless" and you have an issue with sometimes risque humor around them, then I wouldn't try it.

Someone brought their small toddler with them to the show once and the kid was totaly disruptive (screaming, throwing things, etc.). Amazing how the family became the butt of several jokes that evening, was mad about it, yet never left. :confused3

I think the first time my DD went was when she was 13. Considering she was a sophomore in high school at the time and had been performing in theatre since she was 6 she was perfectly fine there. The age factor at the AC really depends on the person. The last time I was there there were people in their 20s who didn't "get it" or who made a ruckus.

BTW, she loved it and she still goes there every trip. But now she's 24 so she can get in on her own. ;)

It's a bar and it is pretty PG-13 with the humor. If your kid is "clueless" with adult innuendo, then they won't get most of the jokes. If your kid is not "clueless" and you have an issue with sometimes risque humor around them, then I wouldn't try it.

Someone brought their small toddler with them to the show once and the kid was totaly disruptive (screaming, throwing things, etc.). Amazing how the family became the butt of several jokes that evening, was mad about it, yet never left. :confused3

I will give snaps to the performers there...we saw that happen too, but older kid - 10 or 12 - who kept whining about being bored...and the people didn't leave for quite awhile, either, but boy-oh-boy were they laughed at by the rest of the crowd, when performers comment about whiner.

And agree with poster, Brad, comedy bit starts out as mild innuendo, and gets more adult as the evening progresses...by 9:00, it's fairly obvious what's being discussed. (That's about when the parents of the 6-8 year olds started making their "that's totally inappropriate" remarks. CM's started making jokes about midget Adventurer's Club members, and bed time...people eventually left in a huff with their kids. Crowd applauded.)

If you're o.k. with your kids regarding adult humor/adult topics, and you think your kids would enjoy it, then bring 'em on. Just promise to leave if your baby cries, toddlers tantrum, tweens whine, etc.;)

Cost-$20.95 admission to Pleasure Island, which gets you a bracelet for admission to clubs. If you have Water Park & More option on your Park tickets, it will take one Water Park & More admission.

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for filling me in about the AC. No, it does not sound appropriate for our DD. We'll just have to wait for that year when we actually take an adults only trip. We're not looking forward to that day because that will mean our baby is all grown up, but having fun things to look forward to will help us keep the Disney magic alive.
Lucy's Mom

OP here and, yes, thanks to all who responded. I have DS's almost 21 and almost 19 who won't be with us this trip, but thinking about taking DS 14 and DD almost 17. They will "get it" unfortunately quicker than I will, probably.

DH and I have only been to the AC once before and stayed for only one show in the Library (?). Do people keep doing that show all night? We did think it was very funny and we didn't want to leave the club, but I made the mistake of planning to go to the AC before going to the CW, so we left to catch the show at the CW and that was it for the night.

it (and the comedy warehouse) require multi-club admission. there is no single club admission for them. sometimes they have freeviews between 7-9 or so.

As of June 1, the Adventurers Club now opens at 8 nightly. First library show takes place at 8:50. They no longer do the free preview.

I've always wanted to try the AC, and we're going to take our almost 10 yr. old daughter this summer. The only thing we're worried about is that we read that you have to stay for awhile to get the feel for what is going on, and that might bore our DD. It's worth a try, though, right? Has anyone else taken kids with them?
Lucy's Mom

When I first went to the Adventurer's Club, I was 10. I didn't really "get" any of the jokes but they gave me a pin that said I was an official member of the Adventurer's Club, and they kept poking fun at me, which I thought was really cool at the time :)

We went to the AC with DD when she was 13 - she was bored.
She really enjoyed the CW, but we made sure we hit the early show, as we had heard that does get less "family friendly" as the evening progresses....

im 16 and my brother is 17 and we're going! .... honestly, it doesn't even sound bad at all.
maybe because we're more open to that kinda stuff.

I was probably 12 when we first went, but it was early in the night, cause my parents don't like staying up late, and I thought the absurdist humor was great. I've been watching Monty Python since before I can remember, and this was very similar to me. We learned the Adventurer's Club creedo and song and secret handshake from the Colonel and got mini drinks with Kungaloosh on the glasses and learned about Amol Bleehall's adventures, and I bought a t-shirt with the creed the next time we were back in the world. However, I've been watching R-rated movies since I can remember and my parents were always very open and tolerant. It's the most off-color place in the world (remember they named it Pleasure Island after the place that Pinocchio turned into a *******) and it's meant to be an adult hangout. Kungaloosh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter