Afternoon Tea on DCL?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

No, I am not from England... but since I have tried it at the Grand Floridian in April, I am obsessed with Afternoon Tea. Which makes me ask the following question:

Is there anything like it on DCL... Or can we find great selections of tea on the ships... Do they have fresh scones somewhere? Cove Café maybe?

How can I fill my needs of Afternoon Teas on Disney Cruise Line? Please? I am desperate. :rotfl2:

DCL used to offer High Tea at Palo's, but stopped that a couple of years ago. While hot tea is available at the beverage station 24/7, you might find more variety at Cove Cafe. I believe there's a picture of the selection floating around here somewhere.

Enjoy your cruise!

I just noticed that the selection at Cove Café is very interesting ... but is it just for 1 cup or do you get the tea pot?

And I would love to know what kind of teas are offered "free"? If anybody knows!

Thanks in advance!

Wish they did....love it on other cruise lines.

HAL had a very nice one....no extra cost, waiters in suits wearing white gloves bringing around silver trays of goodies. Loved it
Miss the one DCL used it have. It was very nice.

I wish DCL had them...

Anybody knows if they have interesting stuff in room service? I've checked the menu but I did not see tea.

They did used to have Afternoon Tea in Palo but, as mentioned, they ended it a few years ago. It was nice. We had gone a few times. It was only $5.00 at one point. I believe they took it away to accommodate for more brunch times in Palo.

MJ

I want to try to score a brunch in Palo. I wonder if they have tea? They sure have appetizers and desserts.

I want to try to score a brunch in Palo. I wonder if they have tea? They sure have appetizers and desserts.

They absolutely have tea and it comes in a small pot. Our server told us they just got new teapots when I said how cute it was.

The tea served onboard is usually Twinings. They came around with a box of various teas for selection.

MJ

They absolutely have tea and it comes in a small pot. Our server told us they just got new teapots when I said how cute it was.

The tea served onboard is usually Twinings. They came around with a box of various teas for selection.

MJ

Hmmmm. Not the biggest fan of Twinings... But I'm sure I did not try them all. I'll give it a chance. :) Can't wait to see the tea pots!!!

Twinings Christmas is my all time favorite tea.....I stock up on it during WDW visits.
I want to see the tea pots too.....any pictures?

I wish they had Davidstea. I'm obsessed with them. :love:

I would love to see the tea pots as well.

Good to know about the box of teas. I love iced tea (unsweetened) but I can't stand the instant stuff that comes out of the dispensers. I'm happy if I can make some real tea and then add ice.

We had a lovely tea in Palo several years ago in Alaska. It's such a shame they don't offer it anymore. :(

Good to know about the box of teas. I love iced tea (unsweetened) but I can't stand the instant stuff that comes out of the dispensers. I'm happy if I can make some real tea and then add ice.

I believe the iced tea in the MDRs is brewed. :thumbsup2

Any chance of the Afternoon Tea being offered on any of the longer specialty cruises? We'd hoped to see it on our TA next year. :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter