Afternoon Tea Grand Floridian

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has done the Afternoon Tea at the GF. I'd love to hear thoughts or reviews or see any photos, particularly if anyone has done it with kids. My girls love a good tea party and this sounds ideal.

Ooops. I've just found another post with something similar. Would love to hear about experiences with kids though.

I would say it depends on the ages of the kids. The lounge is very small, very elegant and very quiet, and the tables are full of fine china. I wouldn't take toddlers there, but as long as the girls are old enough to sit quietly and use 'inside voices', they'll be just fine, and you'll have a wonderful time. It's a great mother-daughter experience.

When we did in 2006, I took 2 pics here they are:
DSC00425.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

We had our wedding "cocktail hour" there. We had 6 kids present between the ages of 3 and 9. They all had a great time!

065012-17-07.jpg

063312-17-07.jpg

00449.jpg

00445.jpg

Hi there, DD (7) and I did this in December. It was wonderful. Before we went there we arrived at GF early and stopped in the hair salon there to see if they had any appts open for DD. They did and she got those little braids done across the front before our tea. The afternoon tea was great. I had the Grand Tea and DD had Mrs. Potts. It was a nice Mother daughter experience while DH and DS went on those water mice. We plan to do it again next visit.

Just . . . My girls love a good tea party and this sounds ideal . . .

1) This is not a tea party.
2) This is Afternoon Tea.
3) Compared to a "tea party", it is highly refined and subdued.
4) Please make sure this is your reference.
5) If they like a quiet and laid-back atmosphere, then this will fit the bill.

Just wondering if anyone has done the Afternoon Tea at the GF. I'd love to hear thoughts or reviews or see any photos, particularly if anyone has done it with kids. My girls love a good tea party and this sounds ideal.

How old are your girls? If they are fairly young, and you are looking more for a "tea party" there is the Perfectly Princess Tea Party (very pricey, quite a splurge but you get a lot of extras, like a doll) or the Wonderland Tea Party with Alice and the Mad Hatter -- http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/teaparty.htm

But if you have young ladies that would enjoy an afternoon tea in an elegant atmosphere, it would be a lot of fun. The tea room is lovely, and the food was very good. And even though a few people may say discouraging things about taking children there (not necessarily on this thread, but I've read a lot of posts):
1. It's Disney World, folks.
2. They even have a special selection on the menu specifically for children.
3. If your kids would enjoy a "grown-up" tea and use appropriate manners, there is absolutely no reason not to bring them. :goodvibes

How old are your girls? If they are fairly young, and you are looking more for a "tea party" there is the Perfectly Princess Tea Party (very pricey, quite a splurge but you get a lot of extras, like a doll) or the Wonderland Tea Party with Alice and the Mad Hatter -- http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/teaparty.htm

But if you have young ladies that would enjoy an afternoon tea in an elegant atmosphere, it would be a lot of fun. The tea room is lovely, and the food was very good. And even though a few people may say discouraging things about taking children there (not necessarily on this thread, but I've read a lot of posts):
1. It's Disney World, folks.
2. They even have a special selection on the menu specifically for children.
3. If your kids would enjoy a "grown-up" tea and use appropriate manners, there is absolutely no reason not to bring them. :goodvibes

So right! I had a very girly-girly 4 year old that I took last year and it was the highlight of our 2 week trip. We led up to the trip having afternoon tea at home 2-3 days/week and worked on being 'lady-like' and even had fun watching movies like Gigi, Princess Diaries and such where it was great fun for her to see how to conduct herself at a formal tea. I let her know how proud I was of having such a little lady for a daughter and not only were we complimented by several of the staff at GF, we've started a tea ritual at home where we still have tea, but go to tea rooms once a month. At first, there is always 'the look', but we always leave with compliments.

You don't have to go this this extent if you don't want to, but good manners and managing expectations will serve you well. We've already scheduled not once, but twice for this years trip and can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter