Afternoon Tea ?? GF or Rose & Crown?? Any news??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I love afternoon tea and enjoyed going to the GF for a nice relaxing afternoon. Unfortunately, I never got to do the Tea Experience at Rose & Crown. Any news on when or if either will return??

I love afternoon tea and enjoyed going to the GF for a nice relaxing afternoon. Unfortunately, I never got to do the Tea Experience at Rose & Crown. Any news on when or if either will return??
As discussed on another thread regarding 1900 PF I think the consensus is that the GR is just under too much construction to open PF and probably something like the tea. It just came out that they are even delaying the lobby renovation until 2024 so they can build the Gingerbread Houses .......... but the lobby looks awful. Room renos continue. This was two weeks ago and I highly doubt they want any more guests visiting than necessary. Photo I saw the other day lobby looked worse.

364100059_272720018730114_3115980669601447944_n.jpg

Rose & Crown seems to be in flux right now. No more lunch there, the restaurant is open to Pub and Yorkshire Fish guests bringing their food and drink inside. Dinner only. And it seems the Fireworks Package is off the schedule too. It doesn't even have hours posted let alone able to find a reservation.

I suspect Rose & Crown’s reduced offerings may indicate a slow recovery from the absence of international CMs after the reopening.

It hasn’t been very long since the international CMs began to return so could easily be next year or longer before many restaurants have the staff or the menu variety they had pre-pandemic.

We love high tea too! Desperately missing GF. That was always once if not more on our trip. We did England once in epcot, but it was more of a "learning about tea itself" than a tea. They didn't even have loose tea, it was bags. ?? Everyone there seemed mostly confused while they explained the difference between earl grey vs. breakfast tea. For food they had was a dinky salad and coronation cake. No finger sandwiches or scones etc. Wasn't happy. We thought boardwalk was opening their tea this fall, but that sounds like its behind?

The GF's Garden View Tea Room hasn't had loose leaf tea for several years, maybe a good dozen years or more. They may have brewed it from loose leaves and strained it into the pot. Given all the cutbacks, I'd be surprised if it wasn't made from bags the last two times we had afternoon tea there.

Rose & Crown seems to be in flux right now. No more lunch there, the restaurant is open to Pub and Yorkshire Fish guests bringing their food and drink inside. Dinner only. And it seems the Fireworks Package is off the schedule too. It doesn't even have hours posted let alone able to find a reservation.
It is still on the schedule for at least mid-Sept, just darn near impossible to snag. On another thread someone mentioned having a 9/17 R&C Fireworks package.

It is still on the schedule for at least mid-Sept, just darn near impossible to snag. On another thread someone mentioned having a 9/17 R&C Fireworks package.
That is good, one of the few extras I consider a good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter