• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afternoon Tea at the Beach Club

Pinkflmngo

Mouseketeer
I am anxious to hear more details about this. Are there any CMs or others "in the know" who could tell us more? I am booked for Feb 19th and really looking forward to it. Specifically, will it be a la carte ordering or a package like the Grand Floridian tea? The CM who took my reservation knew absolutely nothing about it and could not even take my ADR until she got the info from her supervisor.

Inquiring minds want to know!!
Lynda

1) Packages, just like Grand Floridian.
2) You cannot have ala carte unless a package has been ordered.
3) They do not want people to spend a lot of time without spending money.
4) That is why no ala carte at GF any longer.
. . . people would order Tea and a small (cheap) side dish
. . . people would/could spend a lot of time sitting and sipping tea without ordering
. . . WDW wants money per table
5) If they allowed ala carte, it would be a way of short-cutting the pricing at GF Afternoon Tea.
6) That is not going to happen.
Crescent Solarium
Price Cove Tea
House-made Charcuterie and Cheese Plate
Sea Side Park Tea
Selection of Artisan Cheeses
and Seasonal Accompaniments

Sandy Cove Tea
Petit Sandwiches and Canape's
on House-made Breads

Short Sands Beach Tea (Ages 3-9)
Assorted Tea Sandwiches
Tuna Salad, Ham and Cheese, and Fluffernutter

Scones
served with Clotted Cream, Lemon Curd, and Seasonal Jam

Price Cove Tea
Scones

Sea Side Park Tea
on House-made Breads

Sandy Cove Tea
Scones

Price Cove Tea
House-made Pastries and Tea Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sea Side Park Tea
Scones

Sandy Cove Tea
Price Cove Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sandy Cove Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sea Side Park Tea
Special "Dark Tea" (Chocolate Milk)
Sea Side Park Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sandy Cove Tea
Glass of Blanc de Bleu Cuvée Mousseux, California
Sea Side Park Tea
Selection of Artisan Cheeses
and Seasonal Accompaniments

Sandy Cove Tea
on House-made Breads

Price Cove Tea
House-made Charcuterie and Cheese Plate
Assorted Tea Sandwiches
Tuna Salad, Ham and Cheese, and Fluffernutter

Sea Side Park Tea
on House-made Breads

Sandy Cove Tea
Scones

Price Cove Tea
Scones

Scones

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sandy Cove Tea
Price Cove Tea
Sea Side Park Tea
Scones

Special "Dark Tea" (Chocolate Milk)
Price Cove Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sea Side Park Tea
Sandy Cove Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sea Side Park Tea
Your choice of Tea
Sandy Cove Tea
Glass of Blanc de Bleu Cuvée Mousseux, California

Thanks Rusty Scupper! I knew if anyone would answer with helpful information it would be you. I was pretty sure it would be packages for exactly the reasons you gave. I agree completely with that. I am so excited to try their selections. I bet it will fill up fast during Princess Weekend!
Thanks so much for answering me.
Lynda

Is the Beach Club now doing afternoon tea every day? I have not seen anything on reservations. This would be great!

This is what I found out about 2 weeks ago but the dining call center knew nothing about it. Be prepared to do some explaining! Of course, like everything, it is all subject to change. :)

Beginning Feb. 11, Disney’s Beach Club Resort will begin offering Afternoon Tea at the Crescent Solarium during the following select dates:

· Feb. 11-14

· Feb. 18-21

· March 24-29

· May 5-8

· June 16-19

· Sept. 1-5

The tranquil, comfortable solarium overlooking Crescent Gardens provides an elegant setting for Guests to enjoy classic afternoon tea, savories and sweets, such as house-made scones, petite sandwiches and pastries. A variety of alcoholic beverages also will be available.

Afternoon Tea will be served from 1-5 p.m. and Guests can now make reservations at www.waltdisneyworld.com or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

No. It's every day at the Grand Floridian. I suppose they are starting with only limited dates to judge the amount of interest. Perhaps it will be increased in the future if it is successful.

Also note that they chose special holiday and event weekends.
1. Valentine's Day Weekend
2. Princess Weekend
3. Easter Weekend
4. Mother's Day Weekend
5. Father's Day Weekend
6. Labor Day Weekend

I have not found anything about this on the Disney website. Does anyone know what characters are there and what the cost is? We're staying at BCV 3/23-3/30.

I love to relax in the solarium so I'm glad this isn't an every day disruption (at this point) . Is Disney determined to make every square inch of space a means to make money? Sheesh!

I have not found anything about this on the Disney website. Does anyone know what characters are there and what the cost is? We're staying at BCV 3/23-3/30.

To my knowledge, this thread contains the only information available. Rusty Scupper gave the menu and I gave the dates. There is nothing on the dining website yet. You have to call to get a reservation. I was given a price range that went up to about $60. The lower end of the range was around $35, but don't quote me on that. The CM assumed it was the child's price and that didn't apply to me.

As far as characters, I am fairly certain that there won't be any. It is an afternoon tea event not a character event. I expect it to be quite similar to the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea and there are no characters there. I hope there won't be any characters anyway. I like that there are some events that are not character-oriented. Children would, of course, be welcome at tea, but characters create a different atmosphere. I think this is meant to be a more "elegant" affair like the GF tea.
Lynda

To my knowledge, this thread contains the only information available. Rusty Scupper gave the menu and I gave the dates. There is nothing on the dining website yet. You have to call to get a reservation. I was given a price range that went up to about $60. The lower end of the range was around $35, but don't quote me on that. The CM assumed it was the child's price and that didn't apply to me.

As far as characters, I am fairly certain that there won't be any. It is an afternoon tea event not a character event. I expect it to be quite similar to the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea and there are no characters there. I hope there won't be any characters anyway. I like that there are some events that are not character-oriented. Children would, of course, be welcome at tea, but characters create a different atmosphere. I think this is meant to be a more "elegant" affair like the GF tea.
Lynda

Ok, so I was thinking of something different. GF has a tea with the princesses & thought they were bringing that to other resorts.

I thought that must be what you were thinking bksmody. There are 2 teas at the GF that have characters, one with princesses and one with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Those teas are earlier in the day and are definitely geared for children. In fact, the Mad Hatter Tea is ONLY for children, no adults at all. Many children do go to the afternoon teas but there are no characters in the afternoon. Who knows for sure what the Beach Club tea will be like? I am just speculating that there will be no characters.

I like characters and I think Mary Poppins would be a great character to participate in afternoon tea.

I too hope there are no characters at the afternoon tea. Enough already :)i

1) Agreed.
2) We don't need characters everywhere.
3) At this time, there is no talk (or even rumors) of characters at this Tea (for which I am thankful).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter