Afternoon tea at Grand Floridian. What did you think?

It took me many years to talk my partner into trying it but once I did...well, suffice to say we both enjoy it immensely.

Trying new teas and the sandwiches, scones and pastries are all so wonderful. The atmosphere is so relaxing and it's never stuffy in our opinion. It's a wonderful break from the parks and the frantic pace we usually set for ourselves.

Can't wait to go back. On our next trip we have an 8 year old "Princess in training" and we're taking her to the Princess Tea Party in the morning. Hope she enjoys!

Everyone has their own tastes. You should give it a try at least.

Auntie Peep

We have done the tea twice, and really enjoyed it. It is a wonderful time! The only thing is we now have a great tea room here by my home, which is actually better, so now it is not as special as it once was. So, I would say it is definitely worth giving it a try, there are many options to choose from, and it really is a beautiful atmosphere, well worth a try!

We went on our last trip and absolutely loved it. They only had four other tables seated when we went, and we could hear the piano as well. It was very relaxed and beautiful. The food was delicious as well - the trifle... oh I have had dreams about it! :cloud9:

I am thinking of a solo trip...would I be out of place in the tearoom by myself? Since no one can go with me, I am going to try to do things I haven't done before.

I've been solo here several times and I have enjoyed it. I seem to get more "attention" from the servers too by being by myself. I found out I can take my time and am not rushed. Found it to be a very relaxing few hours doing something I can't do at home.

I've been solo here several times and I have enjoyed it. I seem to get more "attention" from the servers too by being by myself. I found out I can take my time and am not rushed. Found it to be a very relaxing few hours doing something I can't do at home.

Thanks! I know I will feel a little sorry for myself sometimes, being alone, but giving myself little treats (I love tea! and scones!) should make me feel better! I am thinking of a massage in the spa also...:)

Is it something you would do for a three and five year little girls or something you would wait on until their a bit older?

If you feel your DDs aren't quite ready, there is also a "Wonderland Tea Party" at the Grand Floridian for children. It's hosted by characters from "Alice in Wonderland", & the children decorate & eat cupcakes, have tea w/ the characters, & make a craft. It's also not as expensive as the "My Disney Girl Perfectly Princess Tea."

I have been thinking about doing this with my husband. He loves tea, and I think he would enjoy the experience. I'm assuming you can make reservations for it, but I haven't been able to find it on the Disney site. How do I find it on the site to reserve, or is this one where you have to actually call?

Thanks for your help!!

VelvetGloves

You have to call, velvet. I can't help but wonder if it's because of confusion between the mega-expensive Princess tea party, the Wonderland tea, and this. That they want to actually speak to you to make sure you know what you're booking.

Having fancy tea in my family was sparked by DH! It was the ONE excursion we booked through the cruiseline when we went to Alaska, a tea at a garden place. :) So I was very happy to take him and DS, and they enjoyed it just as much as I did.

I found it to be a really nice, quiet experience in Disney. The curry sandwich was my favourite and I tried the Princess Tea, which was incredible.

The only con was that when the sweet plates arrived they were, for me, at least, overwhelmingly sweet. I did not enjoy them at all and I am someone with a sweet tooth.

But I would definitely go again for the crumpets, tea, variety of sandwiches and tranquil ambiance.

My husband and i always enjoyed it.
The service is excellent.
the only problem that i have with it is this...
Last time, we were the last to leave and the server chatted with us for awhile.
She gave us a complimentary little box of pastries.
When i said well that's better than tossing them and thanked her, she said no, we store them and use them the next day.
For that price, i dont want day old pastries.
So i order the cheese plate.
If i was going for pastry, i would go at a later time so that fresh pastries might be brought out.
Ive only gone back once since then for a friend but that was very disappointing.
I've always enjoyed the food but i dont usually get any pastries.

My husband and i always enjoyed it.
The service is excellent.
the only problem that i have with it is this...
Last time, we were the last to leave and the server chatted with us for awhile.
She gave us a complimentary little box of pastries.
When i said well that's better than tossing them and thanked her, she said no, we store them and use them the next day.
For that price, i dont want day old pastries.

I can't believe they'd serve day old pastries at the GF. How disappointing :sad2:

DH loves the tea service there and I secretly got an ADR for our upcoming May trip. Fortunately, we never get the pastries anyway as the trifle is so delish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter