• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afternoon Tea at GF with a 10 year old

thornton0511

DIS Veteran
I am looking into possibly doing Afternoon Tea with DD who will just have turned 10 when we go. I think she is a bit young still to want to order an adult tea pkg, and would really be more interested in the Ms. Potts tea. Does anyone think ordering this would be a problem since she will be 10 and technically a Disney Adult? If so we might just put this experience off a few years until she is older and wants to do the adult tea.

We were able to get the chocolate milk substituted for the tea in an adult package.

But they do have non-caffeine herbal tea that's quite tasty.

We were able to get the chocolate milk substituted for the tea in an adult package.

But they do have non-caffeine herbal tea that's quite tasty.
That's good to know about the tea, I suppose I could order an adult tea package and make the milk substitution, but she is also not an adventurous eater at all and would prefer PB&J and ham and cheese, as opposed to salmon, yellow beets, and chicken curry. I can't see justifying $30+ for adult portions of milk and PB&J, so maybe we will just hold off until she is older and can appreciate being a "Disney Adult" more for this experience. I hate that she is just missing the "being considered a child" for this experience, but it's definitely something I will look to doing in the future when she is older. :goodvibes

We didn't ask if he could just have the Potts tea. The sandwiches have ingredients that he doesn't eat so it wasn't ok for him. He didn't have anything with what you're describing though.

I would call and ask. My guess is they will charge the adult price but would be willing to serve her adult portions of the kids offerings.

I'm sorry, I just realize I said the wrong hotel, it's the waldorf astoria that has a really nice tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter