Afternoon tea at Garden View Lounge?

jekajekalynn

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Since I will be celebrating my belated birthday in Feb (30th is in Nov), I thought for this trip I would go some place special to celebrate it at the Garden View Lounge's afternoon tea.

However, I have a few questions about it . Has anyone ever been there ? Are the portions adequate? ( more then just a single postage stamp sized sandwich) . Has anyone gone there for their birthday , and did they get 'special' treatment? (ie: cupcakes, etc like they do in some WDW eateries)

TIA! :cool1:

Hello,

Since I will be celebrating my belated birthday in Feb (30th is in Nov), I thought for this trip I would go some place special to celebrate it at the Garden View Lounge's afternoon tea.

However, I have a few questions about it . Has anyone ever been there ? Are the portions adequate? ( more then just a single postage stamp sized sandwich) . Has anyone gone there for their birthday , and did they get 'special' treatment? (ie: cupcakes, etc like they do in some WDW eateries)

We were there in May. Four adults including a MAN! We all enjoyed it very much. It was very pretty and relaxing. In answer to your questions, we ordered some of the most expensive and large teas and we ordered one a piece. There was plenty for a light lunch in what we ordered. The man was celebrating his birthday and it was not acknowledged. He was very grateful as he had been acknowledged way to much in his mind!

i've been there 3 times, with different type of eater for my dining companions. None of them have ever expressed they were still hungry afterwards. If i were to voice any negatives, to me the wait staff ( usually middle aged women ) seemed like they would rather be somewhere else. They were courteous and knew their stuff but seemed bothered. That aside, the birthdays and first visit notations were not acknowledged on any visit. The Mad Hatter tea though not on the menu, is very delicious.

Hello,

I always get the Princess Kate tea (formerly the Buckingham Palace) and it is quite filling. It consists of three courses...
  • Five small tea sandwiches and an onion tart
  • Two small scones w/ jam & cream and a jam tart
  • Either a bowl of strawberries and cream or two choices from the pastry tray.

We always do a 2:00 tea and it serves as a late lunch. We will usually get something small and quick later in the evening for dinner.

We went in May 2011 and were not impressed. We've done tea in cites from Williamsburg to York (UK) and loved every one except this one. The food was just so so. While the portions were reasonable, the were bland and dry. I also agree that the service was just so so.

My adult DDs and I went in 2009 and we felt the Buckingham Palace-Princess Kate was quite a bit of food for us. I had pre-ordered the Princess Slipper dessert to celebrate our girls' trip and my birthday so we had that in addition to the sweets. I agree the waitstaff isn't very personable. They handed out roses to all of the other women at tables except for us! Only when our server brought out our Slipper with "Girls' Trip 2009" written on it did she acknowledge that we were there for a special day and brought us the flowers. We did give them away to a family with three DDs that were in the GF lobby but still, we didn't think we should have been overlooked!

It is nice enough if you go in realizing it is a "just pretend" tea like most everything in Disney AND NOT A REAL ONE. It was A BEAUTIFUL setting, most pleasant and relaxing. I enjoyed some of the food and some not so much. I was able to get more of one kind of sandwich when I didn't like the others. I had the Garden View Blend tea and it was delicious. I'm going to try to buy some in the gift shop if they have any this time. Treat yourself and make it special for yourself, whether it is acknowledged by anyone else or not. I never really care for the extra little cupcakes and such anyway. And "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter