Afternoon breaks from the parks at Bonnet Creek?

stairstepmom

stairstepmom
We are reconsidering staying off property and for 2 more nights and thinking about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I was wondering how possible it is to leave the theme parks in the afternoon and relax at the villa/pool before heading back to the parks - we thought maybe a break from 1 to 4 or 2 to 5 - but we're not sure if it would be too inconvenient to go back to our car in the parking lot, drive over to BC, park and get up to the room and then do it all in reverse to go back to the parks?

Did anyone do this? Is a 3 hour block of time worth it (so maybe 45 min of travel time and about a 2 hour break in between)? We will have 2 days for each of the 4 parks so we're not concerned with doing everything in one day, just not sure how easy it will be to make the drive and repark at the parks and if it will be more stress than its worth!

Thanks! :)

We are reconsidering staying off property and for 2 more nights and thinking about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I was wondering how possible it is to leave the theme parks in the afternoon and relax at the villa/pool before heading back to the parks - we thought maybe a break from 1 to 4 or 2 to 5 - but we're not sure if it would be too inconvenient to go back to our car in the parking lot, drive over to BC, park and get up to the room and then do it all in reverse to go back to the parks?

Did anyone do this? Is a 3 hour block of time worth it (so maybe 45 min of travel time and about a 2 hour break in between)? We will have 2 days for each of the 4 parks so we're not concerned with doing everything in one day, just not sure how easy it will be to make the drive and repark at the parks and if it will be more stress than its worth!

Thanks! :)
This is exactly what we do and it works out well.

MK is the park where it takes the longest to get to and back from because you use the TTC, so just take that into account. The fastest is Hollywood Studios.

I would probably suggest to allow 4 hours, especially if it is Magic Kingdom. We just stayed at hilton bonnet creek (right next to the Wyndham) and it is very convenient (right in between downtown disney and caribbean beach). Absolutely the same distance as CBR. If the parks are open to at least 9 or 10, I highly recommend the midday break, especially when it's really hot. Totally doable!

I was wondering how possible it is to leave the theme parks in the afternoon and relax at the villa/pool before heading back to the parks - we thought maybe a break from 1 to 4 or 2 to 5
Extremely easy. But, give yourself just a little more time. We do, even onsite.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek also has free, regularly running shuttles, that hook you into the Disney Transportation System. I have never come back to the resort mid-day, but we were very happy with the Bonnet Creek shuttle (and not paying to park). What have other people's experiences with the shuttles been? I haven't been for 3 years (this month :-( ) but as the area continues to grow the shuttles seemed (to me) to be getting even more convenient. Also check out the 'We loooooove Bonnet Creek thread', it has good info on the schedules, etc.

It is totally do-able just not for my family. My kids love the pools and lazy river. Once they are back at BC there is no way I could ever get them back to the world. I tried. No dice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter