• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After much heartache and heartbreak

Went to the dr. He's pleased we are going . He feels the collapses were caused by one of the medications she had been on since she went into heart failure the first time at 16 months. She has been off that med since June or July and is doing well, so hopefully we eliminated that problem. Of course, we can't be sure until she collapses again. She was tested on the Lifestyle, and tested very well. I took the machine to my meeting, but the alarm kept going off. :eek: Good thing I had other cylinders with me. I guess I'd better read the manual, huh? :teacher: Anyway, the forms and requests have been faxed to Air Canada. Flight reservations have been made. Next step is making resort reservations. I will call this morning. Hopefully we leave in 3 weeks for a 3 week vacation.:woohoo:

I'm at a loss for words. The love you have for your daughter is coming through so loud and clear, your wanting to plan this, literally, this trip of a lifetime is so heartwarming. I do hope everything lines up and comes together and this can happen, not only happen, but happen in an economical, convenient, healthy way!! Contact Make A Wish if you haven't already done so, the wishes granted by them are amazing and they always somehow make the impossible possible.

Keep us updated, I hope this happens quickly and just exactly as you need and hope it to.

:love:

I hope things work out.

Good luck with getting everything worked out for this trip. I wish I had some wonderful advice or hint to offer, but all I can send are my good wishes.

We have our airfare bought and paid for, and our resort reservations made. We should be leaving on Jan 3, barring any problems, with the first 10 nights at OKW. Next, is 4 nights at the Poly, followed by a week at AS Mo. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I still have to make some dining reservations, and hope to do a Pirates and Princess evening.

What a WONDERFULLY long trip you have planned! The resorts you're booked at offer a nice variety - with proximity to different locations. DEFINITELY try to book some ADRs before you go. It's very hard to get into popular restaurants without them.

If you want to mention what your daughter is interested in, I'm sure the rest of us could give you some advice and opinions.

Good luck with your trip PamPam!! I hope all goes well!! We were in the rooms right next to yours at All-Star Music in May 06 and I was hoping to run into ya'll but never did!!

I have a 6:30pm (maybe 6:50pm) ADR for Garden Grill at Epcot on Jan 3rd if you want it (it's for 2)

I see that that is your travel day so probably you don't but I figure I'd offer :goodvibes

To begin, my daughter is 36 years old, so make a wish is out. She has down's syndrome, and with it a multitude of health problems, mostly connected to the heart.

Since you are already booked for 3 weeks from now this information is probably too late for you, but, maybe someone else can use it.

I think it's great that you are able to take your DD back to wdw as she wishes. It sounds like a very expensive trip and one that has taken a lot of planning, but, I'm sure you'll all cherish it.

There are actually make-a-wish organizations for adults. The ones below are all in the US, but, I assume there is something available in Canada--I just can't find it quickly.

dreamfoundation.org
fairygodmother.org
herheartswish.org
nevertoolate.org

I have a 6:30pm (maybe 6:50pm) ADR for Garden Grill at Epcot on Jan 3rd if you want it (it's for 2)

I see that that is your travel day so probably you don't but I figure I'd offer :goodvibes

That's very thoughtful. We won't be arriving till later, but thanks anyway.

My daughter likes hotels, restaurants, and WDW. She is very partial to the princesses and the Dapper Dans. She loves music, and will not hesitate to sing karaoke. She isn't shy, and loves to dance as well, when she has the stamina. She is a member of the town line dance group.

I have booked a Chef Mickey dinner, and Princess breakfast in Norway, and a dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. I will tell her about these, so she can look up the menus and plan, which is half the fun. I also have booked a Pirates and Princess Party, which I will surprise her with. She wanted a Belle dress, but because she is the size of a small adult, I couldn't find her one, so I made her a Belle peasant costume. I remade an old blue dress into a sleeveless jumper, with a full skirt. She will wear a white blouse under it, and a white apron over it. She already has a crinoline, and black mary janes, so with her long brown hair tied back with a matching bow, she looks great. This is gonna be good! I made this outfit some time ago, but we had to cancel 2 WDW vacations because of her setbacks, so I am really looking forward to this. Now I am thinking I should make reservations for Liberty Tree or Tony's the night of P&PP. What do you think? What am I forgetting? What else can I do to make this special? I am even allowing myself the liberty of getting excited about this.

definitely Liberty tree or tony's for the p & P party! You can get in as early as 4 pm on your party ticket, and i'd make the reservation for fairly early, before the party starts! See you there!

PamPam,

I will be in Disney till January 7th, I am bringing a few small things to decorate our room. If you contact me prior to me leaving for Disney on Jan 2nd, I will be more than happy to pass the stuff to you for your trip. And then maybe you can pass it onto someone checking in once your stay is over.

Let me know if you are interested and best of luck with your plans.
-Forevryoung

Thank you for your kind and generous offer. I didn't want to reply till I was more sure of our plans. Yes, please, I would like to accept your offer. We will be at OKW for 10 nights arriving Jan 3. I'm not sure how this will fit into your plans. Thanks again. pampam

pampam - So happy to hear your plans are coming together. You have some great ADRs - your daughter will love it. For the night of the P&P party, you can also try the Crystal Palace - it's a buffet with Pooh & Friends. I've eaten at LTT - it's very good also and they have Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.

Have you looked into a Fantasmic dinner package at MGM? That may be something else your daughter would like. Also, since your daughter is in to the princesses, I would make sure to spend a day or two at World Showcase in Epcot. Throughout the day, you can find many princesses at the various countries: Snow White-Germany; Aurora or Belle & Beast-France; Jasmine-Morocco; Mulan-China; and Alice in Wonderland (I know - not a princess, but very sweet!)-UK.

I hope this helps!

pampam, your plans sound like they are going well. :goodvibes I am praying that you all have a fantastic time. Karen

Good luck with your trip PamPam!! I hope all goes well!! We were in the rooms right next to yours at All-Star Music in May 06 and I was hoping to run into ya'll but never did!!

Yes, things seem to be going ok. I'm just waiting now, and getting excited. I'm pretty much all packed- I've even made my green mickey head for the window. That's likely how you knew you were beside us in 2006. It's kinda funny. No one mentioned the mickey sign, or said hello from the Dis, but when I got home and went online, I read about the huge green mickey, the humungus dis sign in the window, etc. If anyone notices it this trip, please say hello.:disrocks:

Good luck with your trip PamPam. I hope all goes well with you and you have a wonderful time. I know you'll treasure every moment.

In April my Father-In-Law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and wasn't given much time. He immediately said he wanted to go back to Disney one last time. We planned it for 2 weeks later and had a wonderful, memorable trip with him. He passed away 1 week after we got home.

We were very fortunate to have been able to experience his dream with him. I wish you the very best. God bless you both. :grouphug:

Yesterday, we got the external battery chargers, and 8 more batteries, plus a cart to help haul this. Our respiratory therapist is a gem. She even made a basket out of strapping to fasten some of this to the wheelchair, to help carry this. Today, I will use it and see how it works. I've gotta get used to all the different chargers, cords, and attachments because I only have 1 business day left before we leave, because of the holidays. All together there is 1 portable oxygen concentrator, 2 power packs (battery chargers) 10 batteries, and I believe 9 different cords, plus the cart. Lately I seem to get confused easily, probably because of stress. Also, I thought I would have to rent all of this equipment, but there is no charge for us. The company bought it. We will let them know how it goes, and can use it on any future trips, if any.

Another good note, the oxygen has been set up in WDW through Lincare. They seem to be a very reputable company. Anyway, the cost from them is less than I was thinking it would be. They don't have a 10 lpm concentrator for the room, so they will rent me 2 5 lpm concentrators. Usually it costs $150.00 per concentrator, but they will only charge me $198 for the 2 of them. Also, tanks usually cost $15.00, but I am getting the monthly rate of $31.79. We will start out with 6 cylinders , and they will replace them as we need them. There is a one time delivery and pick up charge of $35.00 so the grand total should be $265.19 I will keep you posted on any problems or rave reviews with Lincare.

I can tell you Lincare is a wonderful, caring company! My mother used them for her oxygen needs when she was dying of lung cancer a couple of years back, and I found them to always be courteous, professional, and thoughtful people.

Hopefully that part of your planning will go smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter