After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We went last night. Everything was a walk on except Slinky. It was still 40 at 11:30 and the line looked long? Rise said 25 but we just cruised through it.

To be honest, DHS just doesn't have enough rides for this I think. Toy story Land was pretty crowded the whole time, everything else empty.

We had fun but won't do one at DHS again.

We went last night. Everything was a walk on except Slinky. It was still 40 at 11:30 and the line looked long? Rise said 25 but we just cruised through it.

To be honest, DHS just doesn't have enough rides for this I think. Toy story Land was pretty crowded the whole time, everything else empty.

We had fun but won't do one at DHS again.
Glad it worked out for the most part....! Frankly it seems MK is the only park that it’s a huge benefit - though reviews for AH DHS before 2/22 were all fantastic.

With my kids being teenagers now I'm considering a split stay at our favorites (BC and AKL) and doing 2-3 After Hours events only at the parks. Not being able to go to AK or MK is a drawback, but I'm wary of long lines everywhere and having to pay for a system that I don't understand well even after trying to learn about it (and being grateful for everyone's helpful explanations here). Has anyone else done an AH only stay? Thoughts?
On our first (and so far only) trip to WDW in Aug 2019 we did the AH at AK and MK and also H2O Glow, and they were all the highlights of the trip. My twins were 13 then, and they loved being out late in the empty parks.

At the time, we thought it would be fun to come back and just do AH if we could, spend the days at the pool or water parks. Now we are planning to go back this August 2023, and I had hoped to get some AH events, but so far during our dates the only one that has been announced is for Epcot, and I just don't really see the point of an AH at Epcot if all of World Showcase is closed. It would basically just be a night of Future World rides, and maybe walking all the way back to Remy for a final ride. I'm not sure that'd be satisfying? And with so few rides, everyone would be getting in line for TT and GotG, so those might take most of the AH time to ride anyways. So, I am not planning on doing the AH at Epcot, even if it would be our only chance of AH during our trip.

Instead, we are staying at a deluxe resort and plan to use the EEH. And will probably get tickets for H2O Glow, too. We will be there when MNSSHP is offered (assuming they start mid-August), but none of us are into the idea of Halloween in August. It seems odd. But perhaps we should consider it as an alternative to an AH event?

Went to HS after hours last night 4/19. We had Fantasmic dinner package at 50’s Prime Time for 5:20. After supper got wrist band and walked down to the theatre as they allow 90 min before show to get/find a seat. Since my mom had her scooter we always arrive early. They plan went sour. They said they had technical difficulties and to come back. Long story short they finally allowed us into the theater around 8. It was crazy. They allowed stand by to get their seats first. It took until8:45 to have everyone seated. The show started at 9:00. Which meant it would slightly cut into the after hours. At 9:25 we bailed. We have seen it before so it didn’t really manner.

We hit slinky dog dash at 9:40. Posted at 40 but it was not. From there went to TSM. Said 5 min but basically walked the queue line. we got off and the cast member said hey want to go again? My mom said yes of course. We did the ride and the same CM was waiting for us. Yep we did it again so 3x in a row. My shooting arm was killing me.

We got treats and did the photos in front of Woody. We then did Mickey snd Minnie railroad. Forgot to look but basically walked to preshow. From there went to StarWars land. ROTR stated 25. Again basically walked thru queue line. From there walked around an empty land. Walked out and got more treats over by Muppets. We decided to do ROTR again since it still stated 25 min. Walked back and Again just walked thru Queue.

After the ride went back to Toy Story Mania. Said 5 but walked the queue. After we got off the same CM noticed us and said Welcome Back! Wanna do it again. And for those going never allow an 80 year old to pick the rides . My mom loves this ride. So of course she said yes! That means we did this ride 5x tonight.

Afterwards we were tired and left with 30 min left. I am glad my mom chose not to do Slinky with me. But man! She enjoyed both ROTR and Toy Story.

Was hoping for MK but they never had MK for April.

We both went to this event with low expectations. And it ended wonderfully. We only did 9 rides but loved it!

Went to HS after hours last night 4/19. We had Fantasmic dinner package at 50’s Prime Time for 5:20. After supper got wrist band and walked down to the theatre as they allow 90 min before show to get/find a seat. Since my mom had her scooter we always arrive early. They plan went sour. They said they had technical difficulties and to come back. Long story short they finally allowed us into the theater around 8. It was crazy. They allowed stand by to get their seats first. It took until8:45 to have everyone seated. The show started at 9:00. Which meant it would slightly cut into the after hours. At 9:25 we bailed. We have seen it before so it didn’t really manner.

We hit slinky dog dash at 9:40. Posted at 40 but it was not. From there went to TSM. Said 5 min but basically walked the queue line. we got off and the cast member said hey want to go again? My mom said yes of course. We did the ride and the same CM was waiting for us. Yep we did it again so 3x in a row. My shooting arm was killing me.

We got treats and did the photos in front of Woody. We then did Mickey snd Minnie railroad. Forgot to look but basically walked to preshow. From there went to StarWars land. ROTR stated 25. Again basically walked thru queue line. From there walked around an empty land. Walked out and got more treats over by Muppets. We decided to do ROTR again since it still stated 25 min. Walked back and Again just walked thru Queue.

After the ride went back to Toy Story Mania. Said 5 but walked the queue. After we got off the same CM noticed us and said Welcome Back! Wanna do it again. And for those going never allow an 80 year old to pick the rides . My mom loves this ride. So of course she said yes! That means we did this ride 5x tonight.

Afterwards we were tired and left with 30 min left. I am glad my mom chose not to do Slinky with me. But man! She enjoyed both ROTR and Toy Story.

Was hoping for MK but they never had MK for April.

We both went to this event with low expectations. And it ended wonderfully. We only did 9 rides but loved it!
This sounds like my last AH experience pre-pandemic at MK and why my kids are begging to do this one when we go later this year. Haven’t booked yet, but these trip reports have me ready to pull the trigger. So excited!

Does anyone have any intel if there will be AH for MK for may or June? i loved AH at MK, but am not as excited about spending that $$ for 5 of is for HS or Epcot.

This is a little concerning for me as I will be attending an AH Epcot event in August.

I'm traveling with my granddaughter who uses a DAS bc of some anxiety/sensory issues that I won't go into detail here, but can do a more than 30 min wait without it impacting her mentally. And it already going to be a long day, since this will be after our last park day, so she will be tired, and that will impact things also.

Long story short my niece is flying in the night before to join us, so I bought the after hours tickets to give us a chance to do more with her, my gd is excited about that. We have res for MK Tues/AK Wed/HS Thurs + AH EP. I was planning on hopping to Epcot to do things that weren't open for after hours earlier in the week. That was I wouldn't have to deal with more than 1 VQ stress, just ride Guardians during AH, but I bet that one will have long lines early.

Will they let us use the LL with her DAS if the standby lines are 30 minutes or longer? I think I saw that somewhere, but I can't find that searching right now.
I’m confused. How do you have AH tickets for this August for MK and AK? i cannot find that there are any dates listed for either of those parks? i am hoping you’re right and I’m wrong because I would love to go too (in June.)

I’m confused. How do you have AH tickets for this August for MK and AK? i cannot find that there are any dates listed for either of those parks? i am hoping you’re right and I’m wrong because I would love to go too (in June.)
Sorry for the confusion. I have a paid after hours event at Epcot in August.
The extra evening hours (no extra cost)for Deluxe Guests and also swan/Dolphin are currently Epcot on Mondays, and MK on Wednesdays.
There are no extra hours for Deluxe hotel guests at AK. Or for HS. I know there are some paid after hours events going on currently for HS.

Waiting to be let in to HS AH now. Looks like the event is sold out! I was able to stack LLs throughout the day so will (hopefully) at least get plenty of rides in that way.

Waiting to be let in to HS AH now. Looks like the event is sold out! I was able to stack LLs throughout the day so will (hopefully) at least get plenty of rides in that way.
Are you able to buy Genie if you only have a HS AH ticket? I go in June, so suspect it will be sold out.

Are you able to buy Genie if you only have a HS AH ticket? I go in June, so suspect it will be sold out.
Yes, you will be able to buy Genie+ with just the AH ticket (and eligible to buy the ILL for Rise of the Resistance). I also had a non-hopper Epcot ticket for today so booked LLs for both parks throughout the day. Definitely worth the $22 for me, even though crowd levels really haven't felt bad this week.

I had looked this morning out of curiosity, and there were still tickets (I searched for 4). So must’ve happened some time later today. The date we're looking at going isn't yet sold out, but I don't really want to buy too far in advance.

Looking forward to hearing the report!

Yes, you will be able to buy Genie+ with just the AH ticket (and eligible to buy the ILL for Rise of the Resistance). I also had a non-hopper Epcot ticket for today so booked LLs for both parks throughout the day. Definitely worth the $22 for me, even though crowd levels really haven't felt bad this week.
I get that there have been mixed reviews, but I have a hard time spending 149 for the ticket, plus 15-35 for genie plus, plus another 20 for ILL. When you have 4 people, that really adds up! It seems like most nights, that’s not necessary to purchase all. If we go, we won’t be using a day ticket that day, so I don’t know that I can justify the extra purchase. We may just alter plans and do EMH at MK that night instead to save the money.

I get that there have been mixed reviews, but I have a hard time spending 149 for the ticket, plus 15-35 for genie plus, plus another 20 for ILL. When you have 4 people, that really adds up! It seems like most nights, that’s not necessary to purchase all. If we go, we won’t be using a day ticket that day, so I don’t know that I can justify the extra purchase. We may just alter plans and do EMH at MK that night instead to save the money.
Oh yeah, EMH at MK would definitely be a better deal! I'm flying solo this trip (in town for a work conference), and AH was the best way to fit a visit to HS into my schedule. I also wanted to be able to ring in Star Wars Day at midnight in Galaxy's Edge! 😂

I just bought a LL for ROR …I’m hoping that since I’ll have done that, I won’t have to worry about doing it again, and I’ll get more done.

I don’t really want to buy anymore LL (it’s 8:15 now) since it would defeat the purpose of the AH….hopefully I’ll have a little luck

I wish the DHS AH was not on a Wednesday. We’re at the swan so we are going to use that night to attend MK EEH. If DHS AH was a Tuesday or Thursday I’d buy it. I wonder why Disney has them overlapping like this?

Yes, Disney is happy to take more of anyone's money even after they've paid extra for an "exclusive" event.

This is what I'd do. I know we ended up being at one of the "off" AHs, but honestly yoy get way more bang for your buck by doing a regular day at DHS with genie + and LL. Many more things are open and you have have way more time. I really have a hard time understanding the willingness to pay for genie plus and LL after paying an event that's advertised as low crowds ie shorter lines etc. - I get that at DHS it's pretty hit or miss if that's true, but then I'd say AHs at DHS are a no-go.

This is what I'd do. I know we ended up being at one of the "off" AHs, but honestly yoy get way more bang for your buck by doing a regular day at DHS with genie + and LL. Many more things are open and you have have way more time. I really have a hard time understanding the willingness to pay for genie plus and LL after paying an event that's advertised as low crowds ie shorter lines etc. - I get that at DHS it's pretty hit or miss if that's true, but then I'd say AHs at DHS are a no-go.
We have 3 day tickets for our trip (park hoppers). My goal with AH was to avoid even having to try DHS during the regular day to avoid having to buy another day of tickets (I don’t have the option to add on a day like a usual ticket). This would mean buying a separate one-day ticket, plus then Genie plus and ILL. Plus then getting a night at a Deluxe to get the EMH (we’re staying at AOA per my kids’ requests). It’s a super unique situation, but explains my thought process on the AH night. We did a MK AH and my kids rave about it. And…ice cream and popcorn…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter