After dinner.. what to do on Boardwalk?

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
Hi! We are eating dinner at Gulliver's Grill at the Swan one night on our trip. I just now found out that you can walk to Disney's BoardWalk from the Swan resort! Any suggestions on what to do & where to stop/shop there? Thanks!

ps: we leave in 7 days! :D:D:D :cloud9:

__disneygirl said:
Hi! We are eating dinner at Gulliver's Grill at the Swan one night on our trip. I just now found out that you can walk to Disney's BoardWalk from the Swan resort! Any suggestions on what to do & where to stop/shop there?

Virtually no shopping at Boardwalk (especially compared to DTD).
But I think you'll find a ton of recommendations for the "Dueling Pianos" bar called "Jellyrolls".

Every time this question comes up, the raves come forth.

Well, there is actually a pretty big gift shop over there you can enjoy. Pretty much has all the merchandise you can find everywhere else. Then you can swing around to the Beach Club and enjoy a delicious sundae at Beaches and Cream. Just don't go after Illuminations, it will be packed.

You can rent surrey bikes here, they are a lot of fun! :thumbsup2
Oh yeah and Beaches and Cream isn't too bad either! :teeth:

There's also an arcade, and at night they have different kinds of stands.

There's usually entertainers on the boardwalk as well. I've seen a magician and a juggler several times there. Usually very funny.

I am one that loves the BW, so yes, here come my raves for it!! ;)

You absolutely can shop and not only at the BW, but at the YC/BC. You have ESPN Zone, the icecream parlor, surrey bikes, BW type games. Also strolling entertainment and all the resorts to stroll through and take a peak at. As mentioned they have the 2 clubs as well. It really is a great atmosphere. No it's not DtD, but that's what's great about it. Relaxing yet not boring and not wall to wall people!

Wow now I am really excited to go to the BW!! So happy that you can also walk to Beaches and Cream from there.. yum! How late is B&C open, does anyone know?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Also, don't forget to stop in at the Boardwalk Bakery and get your breakfast to go for the next morning. This is a new found tradition for us.

Another suggestion is to check out the Fantasia Miniature Golf which is right across the street from the Swan.

Disnut8 thanks for the great breakfast idea. We are planning on doing bagels and such in the condo before we head out in the morning. So now when we have our boardwalk evening we will stop by this wonderful bakery and pick up something great for the AM. Anything you would suggest? I love little suggestions and ideas like these.

Dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway: If you want to visit the Boardwalk, do you park at the Boardwalk hotel, or is there another spot?

teacher31 said:
Dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway: If you want to visit the Boardwalk, do you park at the Boardwalk hotel, or is there another spot?

Boardwalk can be reached from Epcot's International Gateway, Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Swan & Dolphin Resorts, and the Disney/MGM studios... all by Friendship boat transportaion and/or on foot.

And, as you said, by parking at the Boardwalk Resort.

Without question, Jellyrolls will be an unforgetable time for you! Don't miss out!

If you have time in the morning, I have to suggest a quiet walk on the Boardwalk - it is so peaceful before the crowds get going all around the lake!

(Oh, and I second Jellyrolls in the evening - we LOVE it there - often go several times on one trip. However, if you have kids, they can't visit with you.)

The Boardwalk is our families most favorite place... period. Beaches and Creams Kitchen Sink is our traditional vacation kick off. We love to just stroll around, people watch and soak in the scenery. (easier to do here than DTD) There is an amazing Wyland Gallery that we always browse. Sitting in the chair swings at the YC/BC beach is sooooo relaxing... and Jellyrolls is a ball. The Boardwalk really promotes lolly gagging...

If you are travelling without kids, Jellyrolls is definitely the place to go. It's always a blast! Doors open at 7:00, pianos start at 8:00.

__disneygirl said:
Wow now I am really excited to go to the BW!! So happy that you can also walk to Beaches and Cream from there.. yum! How late is B&C open, does anyone know?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Lia, B&C is open from 11am - 11pm 7 days a week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter