After cruise, can you just get on bus without reservation?

There was definitely a CM directing traffic when we got off last September. There weren't a lot of people heading back to the Boardwalk so we were put on a van with two other couples.

I don't remember anyone checking anything, but we had a porter with us and he just took us where we needed to go. :)

No one checked anything for us either and I thought that was very strange. A CM directed us to the POR bus and we walked on.

When we normally pre arrange DCL transfers the CM checks our KTTW card as we leave the terminal to see if we purchased transfers...they just look at it so it must have some code on it to prove transfers were purchased.

MJ

I think the code is "AP" for "airport to port" and "PA" for "port to airport" -- at least that has been a consistent code on my KTTW for my cruises

At the bottom or top of your KTTW card, there may be the letters P, A or R. P means port, A means airport and R means resort. All the CM is looking for when you leave the ship is an R which is transportation to one of the resorts or A which is transportation to the airport. This assumes you've purchased them in advance and it was printed on your card when you checked in. That's why no tickets are required. Getting on the right bus is left up to you although they usually ask.

I had a very helpful CM tell me and show me that once at the ME pickup at MCO when I asked about why I didn't have any transfer tickets for the cruise after our WDW stay.

At the bottom or top of your KTTW card, there may be the letters P, A or R. P means port, A means airport and R means resort. All the CM is looking for when you leave the ship is an R which is transportation to one of the resorts or A which is transportation to the airport. This assumes you've purchased them in advance and it was printed on your card when you checked in. That's why no tickets are required. Getting on the right bus is left up to you although they usually ask.

I had a very helpful CM tell me and show me that once at the ME pickup at MCO when I asked about why I didn't have any transfer tickets for the cruise after our WDW stay.

^^^This^^^. We've never had any sticker used and have used the transfers from the port (Canaveral) three times both to the airport and a resort. I'm pretty sure the P, A, and R codes are mentioned on the DCL site under your reservation in the transfers part? I actually just saw it a few days ago and I think that's where it was.

Heather

Edited to add - the info might be in the cruise documents packet since I just received my latest one Monday and was reading through it.

Last time we were at Port Canaveral, there was a cast member checking KTTW cards, then directing people to the correct bus.

Woody

Last time, we walked off with our own bags, and STILL got on the DCL bus back to MCO, without anyone checking. (Yes, we paid for the transfers, but I wonder if anyone ever gets on WITHOUT paying.):confused:

The code is printed on the KTTW (has never been a sticker). You may not notice someone checking because they only ask to see one person's card (I guess they assume you've paid for everyone). After all these cruises, my sister walked toward the bus first last time and they asked to see her card. She made a comment afterward that they must have tightened things up because they never asked for her card before. I just laughed because for years they were just checking mine and she never knew!

The code is printed on the KTTW (has never been a sticker). You may not notice someone checking because they only ask to see one person's card (I guess they assume you've paid for everyone). After all these cruises, my sister walked toward the bus first last time and they asked to see her card. She made a comment afterward that they must have tightened things up because they never asked for her card before. I just laughed because for years they were just checking mine and she never knew!

Someone poster further back that you get a sticker if you purchase the transfers last minute from the guest services desk onboard...they then put a sticker on your KTTW to show you paid for transfers.

MJ

Last time, we walked off with our own bags, and STILL got on the DCL bus back to MCO, without anyone checking. (Yes, we paid for the transfers, but I wonder if anyone ever gets on WITHOUT paying.):confused:

This happened to my parents and we've been wondering about it ever since. This thread is helpful.

Someone poster further back that you get a sticker if you purchase the transfers last minute from the guest services desk onboard...they then put a sticker on your KTTW to show you paid for transfers.

MJ

Yes, we have a couple of times decided to take DCL transfer back to the airport or WDW and purchased onboard. They put a sticker on your KTTW card.

Yes, we have a couple of times decided to take DCL transfer back to the airport or WDW and purchased onboard. They put a sticker on your KTTW card.

This is good to know. I never knew this could be done.:thumbsup2

MJ
Yep, I purchased transport back to the airport onboard at GS (wasn't quite sure what my plans were going to be) and they put a sticker on my KTTW card. I think it was a "T".

Sayhello

On the last 4 sailings (since September, 2012), my KTTW cards have had either "PA", "PR", "APA", or nothing on the upper right hand corner (to the far right the ship name) when I pre-purchased transfers. I have always needed to "show" my KTTW card when using transportation (except at the airports where they looked it up on a pre-printed sheet).

I know that on the "PR" trip (September 2012), I had Airport (Orlando) to Port to Resort (WDW) printed on the card. On the "APA" trip (April 2013), I had Airport (Orlando) to Port to Airport (Orlando). On the "PA" trip, I had Airport (Houston-Hobby) to Port to Airport (Houston-Hobby). (I actually had the "PA" on both Galveston-based cruises.)

On my January 2013 7-night Eastern Caribbean aboard the Fantasy, I did not use transportation, and there is no code in that location on my KTTW card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter