• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Christmas sales

Target was at 70% off yesterday but not much was remaining aside from cards and a few ornaments.

I went to Target today. The stuff was 90% off and candy was 70% off. There wasn't much left. I got a few gift bags (that I found in the totally wrong section - there were no gift bags left in the holiday aisles), a cat bowl for (that doesn't seem Christmasy to me, but it was .30), a couple of little boxes for gift cards, some m&ms and some Sixlets. I spent about $4.50 on all the stuff.

walmart today-75% off most items (lots of people grabbing lights and trees), some candy/food still 50% off.

the smart shoppers were hitting the stuffed animal bins-non christmas oriented ones right next to the almost identical full priced valentine's day ones for 1/4 the price.

there were also items on shelves w/ christmas clearances NOT holiday oriented but marked WAY DOWN (i snagged 2 larger glass candle holders that currently are selling on walmarts website for $38.99 for $3.00 each-and they had multiple styles all selling for around the same price on-line).

Was at Walgreens earlier. Christmas is 50% off and they have quite a few Disney items such as an inflatable outdoor Mickey Santa on sale, I think it was $14? I always forget to check drug stores for sales after holidays and am always amazed when I go in to find such treasures left! Found skme house things too like a Laura Ashley salt lamp wall plug for $7!

My husband bought himself and my son a jacket/coat that is packable. It’s like an insulated type coat that folds up into a pouch. My son says it’s notcsupercwarm but pretty decent. He uses it on campus, which can get pretty cold. I think if you used something like that along with an inner layer it would be pretty warm.

Thanks and Happy New Year... I will check it out.. if it will fold up into a pouch that would work great for travel and we could stuff it in the day bag..

Our target went 90% w/ 70% food- oddly enough I think cosmetics might have still been 50%. I really think they should drop it soon. All of the cosmetics were really cluttering up the aisles and endcaps- stuff everywhere but I didn't mind digging to find treasure!

Ended up getting some Wonder Woman wrapping paper for .30. This will be "my" paper for Birthday and Christmas this year. I like Wonder Woman a lot.

Also got a gift bag meant to hold a 6 pack of beer for .30. Will be perfect for next Christmas for our friend currently in school getting his Master's.

Got another non-Christmasy gift bag, some more gift tags, and a little Batman ornament for DS for like .30-.40 cents each. Love 90% off day.

I know it varies year to year, but I'm trying to take notes of what was still left by 90% day and when prices dropped and such so I remember for next year.

My local Old Navy and Gap stores are having huge clearance sales! I got a pair of shorts at Old Navy for 47 cents! At Gap I got about $190 worth of clothes for $28. They had 50% off of their clearance prices.

Guess I'm hitting Old Navy today. The kids always need clothes.

Went to Target and Home Depot yesterday, both were 75% off. I didn't really need anything but I did grab some wrapping paper for Santa to use - cute dinosaur themed paper for the little kid and penguins for the big kid (Santa has always wrapped his presents in penguin paper)

What I was really looking for were cheap light projectors. My Bils neighbor had his pointed at a tree in the front yard, it looked really cool. I got 8 of them plus the 4 we already have (if they can be salvaged from the dogs chewing on them). I'm going to light up our forest of a front yard next year.

I went to Walmart. Everything 75% off. I got some gift bags. Then I went to Walgreens. Their stuff was 50%off and I picked up some stocking stuffer type stuff to use for Christmas bingo. Got me out of the house and didn’t break the bank.

My local Old Navy and Gap stores are having huge clearance sales! I got a pair of shorts at Old Navy for 47 cents! At Gap I got about $190 worth of clothes for $28. They had 50% off of their clearance prices.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a $10 rewards at Old Navy - I'll have to hit there this week and check the clearance racks.

Went back to my preferred local Target (there are 5 stores within a 5 mile radius of my house) and they were completely picked over and had started setting up Valentine's Day and summer type items. I also went back to Walmart after stopping there Sunday night since it went up to 75% off. The Walmart I went to still had a decent selection to pick through so I got more tissue paper, a few rolls of gift wrap, some white boxes that could be used for gifts anytime of the year, and a few other miscellaneous items. I may stop back in at Walmart on Friday if they go up to 90% off.

My daughter and i went to Target on the 27th. Found Christmas socks for 70% off. The Starbucks in Target had there coffee and mugs at 70% off. Grabbed 3 bags for appox $4.50 and 4 ceramic travelers cups for $5.98 each. Walmart had 50% off and I bought 2 10 pack boxes for 1.75 each and a pencil 6.5 ft tree for $11.

RiteAid was 75% off Axe, ELF and many other sets. Picked up A LOT of those. Candy was also 75% off and I couldn't resist.

I went to my Target on New Years Eve and most of the Christmas stuff that was left was 90% off. They didn't have a ton, mostly gift wrap and other small odds and ends. I picked up a rotating tree stand regularly $50 for $5 (already have one, but i wasn't passing up a second at that price), two rolls of wrapping paper that aren't too Christmasy that I will use for birthdays at .30/ea, and some shatterproof ornament sets for .50/ea.

I also went out shopping the day after Christmas and scored some lights and holiday items for next year at 50% off (Walmart) and some Hallmark ornaments (50% off).

Went to one of the Target's yesterday and picked up a few lego sets that were marked down. Also got the 4 pack star wars tsum tsums marked down to 4.50 from 15 dollars.

I also got some of the block tape (for putting legos on) for 49 cents each in the Christmas section (there wasn't much left).

Dollar Tree had really cute Harry Potter wrapping paper and I manged to get the last 3 rolls for 50 cents each. Going to use it for wrapping all the gifts we are bringing to the UK with us this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter