After All This We are going To Need Some Magic **Sad Update 8/20**

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things we have to face in our lives and you will never not miss her. My dad died 4 years ago this August and there are times when the grief still bubbles up so fast & hard that I can't breath..... I am glad you get to spend some quality time with her when she is not in pain- as hard as it is to go through, you will be grateful to have those memories of her instead of watching her in extreme pain.

Take time to allow yourself to grieve as well. As a new mommy and a caregiver to your mother, I know it's probably hard to find time to do so... however it is you can grieve and find comfort from others.

Your mother will always be there, even as she passes on. In a spiritual sense if you believe in that, in memories, in your own children's personalities & in your own.

Hugs and Prayers as you go through this.... :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and can't imagine what you are going through. It is so hard to lose a parent and I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I worked for Hospice for several years so there are there as much for the family as for the patient.

Hi Jackiemarie! I followed your last trip report and am glad I found this PTR.

I'm so sorry with what you and your family are going through right now. I lost my mom four years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. No matter your age, I don't think you're ever ready to lost a parent. It sounds like you had a special bond with your mom and have made a lot of wonderful memories.

Congratulations on your new baby daughter! She's beautiful!

Your upcoming trip sounds so fun! Staying in the Epcot area is on my bucket list, so I'm excited to read about your stay.

Kind of random, but you and I share a birthday. I'm a bit older than you, but I was fairly young when I learned Disneyland opened on July 17th. Ever since that day, I've always thought our birthday was rather special.

Sure thing! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I know how that goes!

:thumbsup2

SImply Beautiful!

::yes:: It has already helped Little MIss to understand her emotions and talk them out.

:sad:
giphy.gif

I'm sure you can make it work. As long as you go into it prepared for the madness and pack your patience.

What a fun idea!

:thumbsup2

Sounds like the perfect plan.

And I apparently have missed A lot!

As I have recently found out, knowing the day you need to make that call is almost here doesn't help actually facing the reality of it.

You and your family are certainly in my prayers. Find ways to focus on the Happy memories. It helps if only a little. And spending time here on the disboards soaking in magic also helps. When things get to overwhelming dive back into planning the Trip. Spend time Focusing on the Magic for a little while. And remember, as Mommies we want to protect our littles and keep them from worrying and sometimes try to hide the sad. One of the best points made to me while my Grandmother was passing is, Its okay for littles to see you sad. I also found that the movie Inside Out was also helping to explain this to Little Miss as well.

:dancer::jumping1::hyper: How exciting!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I have had times that I have really taken my mind off everything by planning this trip. It really has helped me to cope! And you are right, Inside Out is helping me a ton with dealing with Charlotte! I cry sometimes and she wants to know why sadness has control. Its neat to see how much this movie helps!

Prayers for your family! I am so sorry you are all dealing with such a difficult reality. Thinking of you.

ETA: I hope you love Boardwalk! We stayed there this last trip and really enjoyed the easy walk/boat ride between the resort and Epcot and the Studios. Having a walking option to two parks is probably going to be very helpful during the busy time you are going too.
Thank you! It really is hard, but after watching her suffer so much in the last few weeks, I just want her to have peace. Well, most of the time I do, then other times I want to scream "I want my mommy back" even in my 30's, there is a part of me inside having a temper tantrum :sad:

I am looking forward to the Boardwalk. Its not a resort I would have chosen myself, but after researching it, it looks pretty awesome! I think walking to Epcot and HS will be a lifesaver with the crowds!

Holy moly, you weren't kidding about a ton of changes!

First of all my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time, I can't imagine the heartache your family is feeling. Glad you are all making the most of the her time and creating lasting memories.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, she is absolutely perfect.

What a whirlwind your trip has taken, but seems like it is for the better.

Going during Christmas and New Years sounds like an incredible holiday experience! Glad you were able to get your ADRs all fixed, hopefully if you do have to change things around, it will be with ease. I hope you do a video of your trip reveal to Charlotte, those are my favorites to watch. That will be such a fun and exciting thing to experience, my favorite trip as a kid was a surprise visit to DL.

I will leave my comments with a wish for strength and peace for you and your family, as you go through these hard times ahead.
Thank you! The last few months have been more of a whirlwind than I would like, but I think our trip will be pretty awesome and we need it after this last year. I can not wait to surprise Charlotte, I think she will love it!

You're in my prayers, I can hardly imagine, as I am close with my mom as well. But I am so happy to hear she's not suffering. I'll continue to pray for this transition and for comfort and peace for your family. Breaks my heart, but you're doing really great at making these hard decisions and handling this. Hang in there!

As for Disney, I agree!! Boardwalk Inn!! SQUEEEE! This is great! We walked from Epcot to the Boardwalk area and it's really a short and pleasant walk! You will have such easy access to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios from there! How nice not to have to worry about the buses for 2 of the 4 parks!!

You HAVE TO do Beaches and Cream! So close, and it's affordable and so yummy!! I've also read reports of people who love to go to Epcot at rope drop from that side and head into the Boulangerie in France to get breakfast pastries! If I were in your position and that close to Epcot I would so be doing that at least once!

Ive also heard great things about Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk at night.. I believe it's like a dueling piano bar, if I'm remembering what I've read correctly, and it sounds so fun! Also I've heard about a walk up window with great food, like burgers and corn dogs type of thing..

How very exciting! Enjoy it, it's so cute, plan some time to take some great pics around.

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts and support!
I feel like we really got lucky with the Boardwalk! That area looks amazing! So much to do and see. It will be awesome. I just read the other day about going into France for breakfast pastries, sounds like a good plan to me!:love:

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and can't imagine what you are going through. It is so hard to lose a parent and I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I worked for Hospice for several years so there are there as much for the family as for the patient.
Thank you! I am learning just what angles the hospice nurses and staff really are! They are amazing people to be able to deal with what they see everyday. I am so thankful for them!

Hi Jackiemarie! I followed your last trip report and am glad I found this PTR.

I'm so sorry with what you and your family are going through right now. I lost my mom four years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. No matter your age, I don't think you're ever ready to lost a parent. It sounds like you had a special bond with your mom and have made a lot of wonderful memories.

Congratulations on your new baby daughter! She's beautiful!

Your upcoming trip sounds so fun! Staying in the Epcot area is on my bucket list, so I'm excited to read about your stay.

Kind of random, but you and I share a birthday. I'm a bit older than you, but I was fairly young when I learned Disneyland opened on July 17th. Ever since that day, I've always thought our birthday was rather special.
Glad to have you along!
Its so strange to imagine a life without mom in it. She has been there for me for everything I just can't picture life without her and I can see you are never "ready" for that day.

July 17 is a great birthday! I just learned this year it was the opening of Disneyland. I think it completely explains my obsession with all things Disney!:rotfl2:

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things we have to face in our lives and you will never not miss her. My dad died 4 years ago this August and there are times when the grief still bubbles up so fast & hard that I can't breath..... I am glad you get to spend some quality time with her when she is not in pain- as hard as it is to go through, you will be grateful to have those memories of her instead of watching her in extreme pain.

Take time to allow yourself to grieve as well. As a new mommy and a caregiver to your mother, I know it's probably hard to find time to do so... however it is you can grieve and find comfort from others.

Your mother will always be there, even as she passes on. In a spiritual sense if you believe in that, in memories, in your own children's personalities & in your own.

Hugs and Prayers as you go through this.... :hug:
Thank you! It helps to hear from people who can relate. Cancer is such a nasty way to go.
I do believe she will always be with me, and its funny how sometimes Charlotte will do something exactly how my mom would have and it really strikes me. She is a part of all of us! Even little Cecilia, she sleeps on her back with her hands behind her head exactly like my mom and it makes me smile every single time I see it!

Since my last update, I have been busy taking care of my Mom, who I am afraid is getting worse everyday. She can not speak anymore and is not really aware of anything going on around her. I do see where there is Mercy in her state. She can't really see herself go through this awful experience, because if she could she would not be able to accept that. So we are just taking each day as it comes and dealing with that brings.

As for our trip, this really is becoming the escape I need! It will be a happy time for our family when we really need it. I mentioned I had some ideas for dealing with the crowds. First, I am going into this trip with the mindset we want to experience Christmas in Disney. I am all too aware there will be days the only rides we do are our FP+ rides. I am okay with that. I want to see the parade, the castle lighting, the Osborne lights, etc. I have MK and EPCOT days planned after the 1st. It looks like it gets considerably less crowded the 2nd and 3rd. So, those are the days I plan on doing the most in the parks. While it will be most crowded we have ever seen, we typically only go in July which is also very crowded and HOT, I am less irritable when I am not hot, so that is a positive. Our last trip we actually didn't do that many attractions, we slowed down and really took in the atmosphere and it was a great time. So, that is that plan once again. We are also planning our days a little differently. Our plan is to kind of relax around the resort for half the day and go to the parks the other half, rather than taking whole day breaks. This should keep us from getting too worn out. Most of our time will most likely be at night. We are night people. So rather than take advantage of early mornings we plan to take advantage of late nights. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but my whole family thinks getting up at 9 am is early. So, it works for us.

I also love ADRs, I really think they are essential when dealing with crowds. They ensure you have a sane break during your day. With that in mind I added a few more. I also have been obsessively waiting for Disney to release the ADRs for Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine (which rumor has it, will be tomorrow!:scared:) But this dinner if you haven't heard will feature Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, etc in their holiday outifts. A must do for a Holiday trip if you ask me! So, here is our new line-up assuming I get the Minnie meal:
12/27: No ADR
12/28: Lunch: Biergarten Dinner: Spice Road Table
12/29: Dinner: 'Ohana
12/30: Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine (Disney jr) Dinner: Hollywood and Vine (Minnie's dinner)
12/31: Breakfast: Tusker House Dinner: 1900 park fare
1/1: Breakfast: Crystal Palace Dinner: BOG
1/2: Lunch: Askershus Dinner: Garden Grill
1/3: Breakfast: 'Ohana

I added a few more breakfast/lunch ADRs. Like I said, we look at this as a retreat from the crowds and a way to meet lots of characters. I traded San Angel for Spice Road table. I think the menu looks great and different from the other places we are headed.

So, now I just need that stinking Minnie ADR to open up and our Christmas cheer up trip will be complete!

I am sorry for so many pictureless updates. I have some to share and if life ever calms down for me I will upload them to photobucket and do an actual update on my computer.

I cry sometimes and she wants to know why sadness has control. Its neat to see how much this movie helps!
It really is great! I'm amazed at how Little miss is grasping it. She has even taken to actually voicing her sadness from time to time instead of wailing without reason. :thumbsup2

While it will be most crowded we have ever seen, we typically only go in July which is also very crowded and HOT, I am less irritable when I am not hot, so that is a positive.
At least you are coming from a high crowd time. I think it would be harder to adjust if you were used to coming at a low/moterate crowd time.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but my whole family thinks getting up at 9 am is early. So, it works for us.
Sounds like a good plan! My family can be the same way at times.

Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine (which rumor has it, will be tomorrow!:scared:)
FYI I just saw on FB that the ADRs for this are open.

12/30: Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine (Disney jr) Dinner: Hollywood and Vine (Minnie's dinner)
Its a H&V kinda day huh? :rotfl:

I added a few more breakfast/lunch ADRs. Like I said, we look at this as a retreat from the crowds and a way to meet lots of characters.
Smart thinking!

Your dining plans sound great. You're going to some of my favorite places, too. That's a good idea to use your meals as an escape from the crowds. My sister celebrated New Year's at WDW a couple years ago. She said the crowd levels from January 1st to 2nd were like night and day.

I'm so sorry your mother is suffering. With all the responsibilities that are on you, try to take a little time for yourself.

Love your mindset on the crowds, it's so true if you just accept you may only do a few rides a day I think you'll be fine. We had great luck too with after using our 3 FP+ we just found a kiosk and booked whatever was coming up! You don't get to be so choosy on your rides, but they're all great, so who cares!

Then you're right, you still have all the shows, parades and lights to enjoy! Great plan!!

Also true on the heat!! I think you'll be much happier!

I saw you comment on another thread, and realized we had our babies around the same time! I then clicked on this PTR.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer sucks.

I look forward to following along and hearing about the trip that will be here before you know it! (Being a teacher, I can relate to being tied down to that calendar!)

I am so sorry that you are at this point with your mom. :hug:

I like how your trip is shaping up. Your expectations are at an appropriate level and I like that you're making all those ADRs. I hope you got that Minnie Christmas Dinner ADR. I had not heard of it until you posted and it sounds perfect! :hyper:

It really is great! I'm amazed at how Little miss is grasping it. She has even taken to actually voicing her sadness from time to time instead of wailing without reason. :thumbsup2

At least you are coming from a high crowd time. I think it would be harder to adjust if you were used to coming at a low/moterate crowd time.

Sounds like a good plan! My family can be the same way at times.

FYI I just saw on FB that the ADRs for this are open.

Its a H&V kinda day huh? :rotfl:

Smart thinking!
Yes I think experience with the July crowds gives us much more realistic expectations for what Christmas will be. Sadly, I don't think I will ever see a low crowd time until DH retires :sad:

I know the H&V food is only so/so, but I am pretty stinking excited about these two dining experiences!

Your dining plans sound great. You're going to some of my favorite places, too. That's a good idea to use your meals as an escape from the crowds. My sister celebrated New Year's at WDW a couple years ago. She said the crowd levels from January 1st to 2nd were like night and day.

I'm so sorry your mother is suffering. With all the responsibilities that are on you, try to take a little time for yourself.
Our last trip we had lots of ADRs it was a great way to meet characters and get out of the craziness. We loved it! I am looking to really cram a lot in the last two days of our trip with the lower crowd levels!

The last few days DH was off for the summer, I took some time to sew for a few days and it really helped me clear my mind.

Love your mindset on the crowds, it's so true if you just accept you may only do a few rides a day I think you'll be fine. We had great luck too with after using our 3 FP+ we just found a kiosk and booked whatever was coming up! You don't get to be so choosy on your rides, but they're all great, so who cares!

Then you're right, you still have all the shows, parades and lights to enjoy! Great plan!!

Also true on the heat!! I think you'll be much happier!
I know I really hate the heat! On our last trip, we would be dripping wet some nights when we returned to the resort. I am glad I don't have to worry about that this time. I was totally planning to take advantage of the additional FP+ at the kiosks! You are right, anything you get will be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter