After All This We are going To Need Some Magic **Sad Update 8/20**

A co-worker and I had talked about Frozen on Ice way back when and she was going to let me know when she was buying tickets and we could go with them...never heard anything more. :confused3 Sounds like a great time, though. I suppose we should be saving our money for travel, anyway. :rolleyes1 I sure hope Elsa doesn't bring anymore snow here - we actually are having a warm week! (50s-60s)

I LOVE that hoodie you made! Wow! :worship: You are so good at that.

Nice snowman, Charlotte! :thumbsup2 Did she give him a warm hug? :rotfl:

Man! I'm really sorry about your mom! Glad for the almost remission but that seems to kinda pale in excitement when she's in the hospital anyway. :( But at least she's getting help!

Love your movie night. I don't think I've ever had Monkey bread and that is OBVIOUSLY a problem. That looks like something I would love!

I can't stand the cuteness!!!

And I can't believe you made that fleece! Beautiful! Love it!!!!
Thank you! I love making those fleeces for Disney on Ice, seems like a better outfit than a princess dress, more practical.

Wow! Well done. It looks like you all had big fun!
We sure did! I love Disney on Ice and Charlotte still talks about Frozen on Ice

Hi! Joining in here.

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time with your mom, sure sounds like a roller coaster. Great news on the cancer though. It's really nice that you live so close to be able to enjoy her and help out.

Congrats on girl #2, very very exciting. Love her name and really love the nickname. That is super crazy that your c-section is your ADR day. Sounds like BOG dinner is hard to come by (at least in the beginning of September) and TA's are having more luck getting the reservations. Just an observation, people in my September FB group are going crazy over not getting a BOG dinner reservation.

I love your movie nights!!! We are doing them too, keeping it simple, but it is a blast for the kids.

The bibs are so stinking cute! I love the dresses you made for Charlotte too, I wish I knew how to sew like that. I've got skirts down, but that's about as far as I've been able to go.

I love all your plans and can't wait to hear more!

Thank you! Its been a really tough couple of months for us, but keeping our eyes on our blessings certainly helps!
Oh that BoG, its so popular, I am really hoping we can snag it! It was our favorite experience on our last trip and my DH really wants to go back!

If you have sewing skirts down you will get there. Just keep challenging yourself and trying. I always told my students you learn more from your mistakes than your successes with sewing so just keep trying!

joining in for your trip report. We will keep your mom and family in our thoughts and prayers. Sending pixie dust to all of you. your plans look great and your sewing is awesome. that little hoodie was adorable.

Edited to add: I can totally relate to the anniversary/birthday dilemna. Not only do four of mine have Holiday birthdays (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and MLK Day), but my middle son, Collin, was born on our 5th anniversary as well
Thank you! It is a tough time, but we have so much to be thankful at the same time!
Oh the birthday holiday/anniversary situation is a tough one! I just thought about this other day, but it is very possible number 2 will have years her birthday falls on Easter/Easter weekend. So that should be fun! However, I can only imagine how crazy yours get, you have a kiddo on nearly every major holiday! Crazy but fun, right?

A co-worker and I had talked about Frozen on Ice way back when and she was going to let me know when she was buying tickets and we could go with them...never heard anything more. :confused3 Sounds like a great time, though. I suppose we should be saving our money for travel, anyway. :rolleyes1 I sure hope Elsa doesn't bring anymore snow here - we actually are having a warm week! (50s-60s)

I LOVE that hoodie you made! Wow! :worship: You are so good at that.

Nice snowman, Charlotte! :thumbsup2 Did she give him a warm hug? :rotfl:
I know Elsa can keep her weather, it was 70 here today and it was glorious!

Thank you! I was pleased with how the hoodie turned out, and Charlotte LOVED it!

Man! I'm really sorry about your mom! Glad for the almost remission but that seems to kinda pale in excitement when she's in the hospital anyway. :( But at least she's getting help!

Love your movie night. I don't think I've ever had Monkey bread and that is OBVIOUSLY a problem. That looks like something I would love!
I know its a roller coaster that is for sure! Cancer is one thing we need to find a cure for, its a beast!

OMG! Never had monkey bread? You must try it now! Its so easy and so good!

Spring Break Update

DH has ben on Spring break this past week so we had time for some family fun! And family work too!

We planned to kick spring break off with a movie night, but I ended up in Labor and Delivery the first night of spring break, so we pushed it to the next night.:( On Bob's last day of school, I noticed that Cecilia was not moving at all!:scared: I called the doctor and they sent me to labor and delivery. After being hooked up to the monitor they found the heart rate to be a little high, so I had to say on the monitor for a while. They also did an ultrasound and everything looked okay so I was eventually sent home! Cecilia did not really start moving again until the next morning, but everything since then has been normal so the doc is not really concerned at this time. But, oh what a scare!

So a night later than planned we did our movie night, The Lion King! Again we didn't really go all out, just a themed dinner and the movie. Here is our Dinner:
image_zpsk0gvfdpv.jpg

image_zpszyjsppfm.jpg

We had zebra ribs (pork ribs), pride rocks (baked potatoes) and trees of life (broccoli)

For dessert we had:
image_zpsck4k5pvq.jpg

Grubs and worms (puppychow made with kix instead of chex and gummy worms) Which was slimy, yet satisfying!:rotfl2:

We mostly used Spring Break as a time to get things ready for #2's big arrival as we are getting very close about 3 weeks left!:yay: We cleaned from top to bottom, had the carpets cleaned, washed all of the baby clothes, located and cleaned all of our baby items, oh and I made freezer meals for while I recover.

In between our work we manged to have some fun.
We celebrated St. Patrick's day (we are very Irish on both sides) with my mom and dad:
image_zps6wemch1j.jpg

image_zpssau3a7vx.jpg

In mom news, she was discharged from the hospital the Tuesday before and while she is a little better, she is still very weak! She is not walking much and has kind of given up. Its hard to watch her go through this, there is so many ups and downs!

We also made a trip to local restaurant that has aquariums with local fish in them which totally reminds me of a river version of coral reef in EPCOT:
image_zpswstdtsbv.jpg

image_zpsn9aqztsv.jpg

We went to the zoo:
image_zpsfalvb4os.jpg

image_zpsfgcfk5zd.jpg

image_zpsx7mjpz5l.jpg

image_zpsewczw06f.jpg

And possibly one of my favorite things about our zoo... DOLE WHIPS:
image_zpsozze7kzs.jpg

So, it was a week filled with work and fun!

As far as our trip goes, yesterday I located the park hours for October, so I am just about ready to settle on my ADRs, and get my park days worked out. Which is another thing I have to do before Cece's big debut! All these things which seemed so impossibly far away when I started this trip are now coming fast and furious around the bend!

Oh those monitors bring back memories...I developed preeclampsia with each pregnancy and spent way too much time in the hospital. Glad you are back at home and everything's fine:) Your meal ideas for movies are super cute. I love the Trees of Life & Grubs.

Scary Stuff with the Baby! But glad to hear everything is okay.
Fun movie night! The stuff with your mom Sounds hard. Its tough when they start to give up. Hang in there! Wow! only 3weeks until the baby comes! Time really does fly doesn't it? So jealous your Zoo serves Dole whips! Ours doesn't serve anything quite so tasty.

I don't know why but for some reason I wasn't following your threa . I am now and am all caught up!

I'm glad Cece is OK! She just has to keep you on your toes.

I can't believe its almost time for ADRs and park plans!! Exciting!

Wow, you've had quite the busy week! :faint:

First off, glad everything's okay with Cecelia! How scary!

Second, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is still so weak. All the ups and downs have got to be so hard for everyone.

Really cute themed meal for your movie night! I like that it's simple, yet clever. :thumbsup2

Also, awesome that your zoo has Dole Whips. That sounds delightful right now!

Glad everything is ok! The food pictures are making me hungry! Charlotte's green icing face is too cute!

Yikes, not the way to start off Spring Break :( Glad baby is doing good.

Love your Lion King MN, so fun! Grub and worms, very creative!

The green covered face is awesome, Charlotte definitely celebrated the holiday right!

Sorry to hear Mom isn't doing so good, hoping for an up day to come your way.

Looks like a great day at the zoo, the picture of Charlotte trying to balance the ball on her nose was really cute. And a Dole Whip....SO jealous!!!

You are soooo close to baby! So exciting!!!!

Glad everything is okay with the scare. My Sarah constantly had high heartrate & I had to be hooked up to those machines at every visit (bi-weekly) the last 8 weeks & finally was induced at 38 weeks because of it. They say personality is apparent even in the womb..and I laugh because Sarah's always been high energy..go/go/go... and wants things HER way..and that was how it went with my pregnancy. She kept herself going, raised ruckus in the womb & dictated her OWN way into this world (turned from normal to breach WHILE in labor at 5cm!! The doc was like, I can't believe this.. I have NEVER seen this happen during labor... and I've been delivering babies for 30 years!) To this day- 10 years later- she still keeps me going & wants things her way!

Sorry about your mom.. I feel for you. My dad was also very defeated by his treatment & in the end that is what brought him down (not the cancer itself). It's so very hard on them to push through.... and it's hard to watch. I remember how hopeless I felt watching it happen. All you can do is just stand by her & love her. That can give her strength in itself! Hang in there!

Whoa, I have been a bad Diser! Its been so long since I have been on here, but I am slowly catching up!

Oh those monitors bring back memories...I developed preeclampsia with each pregnancy and spent way too much time in the hospital. Glad you are back at home and everything's fine:) Your meal ideas for movies are super cute. I love the Trees of Life & Grubs.

Oh that stinks preeclampsia is so scary! I am going to be so glad just to just this baby here and not worry so much! Yeah, right, once you are a Momma all you do is worry!:eek:

Scary Stuff with the Baby! But glad to hear everything is okay.
Fun movie night! The stuff with your mom Sounds hard. Its tough when they start to give up. Hang in there! Wow! only 3weeks until the baby comes! Time really does fly doesn't it? So jealous your Zoo serves Dole whips! Ours doesn't serve anything quite so tasty.
I was so relieved when the baby started moving again. Oh my mom, its a roller coaster, you never know from day to day what to expect. Its the hardest thing I have ever been through! Love the dole whips at the zoo! We have a frozen yogurt shop nearby that sells "non-dairy pineapple frozen dessert", which is very close to a dole whip as well. It has become my late pregnancy craving!

I don't know why but for some reason I wasn't following your threa . I am now and am all caught up!

I'm glad Cece is OK! She just has to keep you on your toes.

I can't believe its almost time for ADRs and park plans!! Exciting!
I hate it when I accidently "unwatch" a TR or PTR. Glad to have you back.
Oh that Cece she is doing everything she can to keep us on our toes! Crazy kids!
Wow, you've had quite the busy week! :faint:

First off, glad everything's okay with Cecelia! How scary!

Second, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is still so weak. All the ups and downs have got to be so hard for everyone.

Really cute themed meal for your movie night! I like that it's simple, yet clever. :thumbsup2

Also, awesome that your zoo has Dole Whips. That sounds delightful right now!

Thank you! We like to keep Bob's breaks nice and full!
Oh the ups and downs with mom! Its so hard to know from one day to the next what to expect! Mmm love the dole whips at the zoo!

Glad everything is ok! The food pictures are making me hungry! Charlotte's green icing face is too cute!
Thank you! I am glad too! Charlotte cracks me up with the cupcake faces, what a goof ball!
You are soooo close to baby! So exciting!!!!

Glad everything is okay with the scare. My Sarah constantly had high heartrate & I had to be hooked up to those machines at every visit (bi-weekly) the last 8 weeks & finally was induced at 38 weeks because of it. They say personality is apparent even in the womb..and I laugh because Sarah's always been high energy..go/go/go... and wants things HER way..and that was how it went with my pregnancy. She kept herself going, raised ruckus in the womb & dictated her OWN way into this world (turned from normal to breach WHILE in labor at 5cm!! The doc was like, I can't believe this.. I have NEVER seen this happen during labor... and I've been delivering babies for 30 years!) To this day- 10 years later- she still keeps me going & wants things her way!

Sorry about your mom.. I feel for you. My dad was also very defeated by his treatment & in the end that is what brought him down (not the cancer itself). It's so very hard on them to push through.... and it's hard to watch. I remember how hopeless I felt watching it happen. All you can do is just stand by her & love her. That can give her strength in itself! Hang in there!

I can't believe we are almost there! Although, I am soooo ready for the big day to get here! I can not wait to meet this one! Its so funny how much you learn about kids personalities even in the womb! Its really interesting how much the already are a "person" by the time they get here! That is crazy about Sarah, I have never heard of anything like that before! I can not even imagine how scary that must have been!:eek:

Oh my mom! Its impossible to know what is going to happen from one day to the next! Today she had a great day! and for the first time in months we had an actual conversation! She seemed excited for the new baby and remembered things about Charlotte's delivery. So, that was pretty awesome!:thumbsup2 Who knows what tomorrow brings, but for today I am happy.

So, I have not really been around to update lately, you know I have been growing a human and all!:rotfl2:

We had a lovely Easter holiday, I hope any of you who celebrate it did too! and just about everything is in place for Cecilia to make her grand arrival!

As you all know the big day, is also our ADR day! So, I have been patiently waiting (or maybe not so patiently) for October calendars and crowd calendars to come out. I found a travel agent calendar and determined which days would be MNSSHP during our trip. Then finally easywdw released the crowd calculator, which I actually did not use to change any of our days! :rotfl2:

But, I now have an outline as to what days we will be in each park and what ADRs I am going to request of my travel agent:cheer2:

So here goes:
Friday: we are going to leave as soon as DH gets home and drive through the night

Saturday: Arrive late morning/early afternoon. Play at the pool/explore the resort. Dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare

Sunday: EPCOT Dinner ADR at Garden Grill

Monday: Breakfast ADR at 'Ohana day relax/pool MNSSHP

Tuesday: Water Park Dinner ADR at 'Ohana

Wednesday: MK Dinner ADR at Be Our Guest

Thursday: Drive home:sad:

I know, I know so much for the simple 2 ADR trip I originally planned, what can I say? I love Disney dining!:love:

It feels like this trip is going to be over in a flash! I wish we could be there for a full week! But, at least I am finally getting my fall trip.

So, this will most likely be my last update until after the baby is born and ADRs are made. But I will stop in with pics and the results of our ADRs!
Sorry for text only update, but I am low on energy these days
:crazy2:

Im so excited for you! ADRs and baby and opening day all on the same day! What a great day for you! Can't wait to see pics of that baby girl! Oh, and the ADRs/daily plans look good too

Stop in with pics and updates of the BABY!

Good luck! Hoping for a smooth delivery & can't wait to see pics of that new sweet baby girl!

you know I have been growing a human and all!:rotfl2:
Oh THAT minor detail! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
But, I now have an outline as to what days we will be in each park and what ADRs I am going to request of my travel agent:cheer2:
:cheer2: Yay for knowing what you want!

I know, I know so much for the simple 2 ADR trip I originally planned, what can I say? I love Disney dining!:love:
Is anyone ever able to stick to that? :rotfl: I know we didn't. We ended up with 2 more than originally planned.

Plans sound great! I totally understand what it's like to go into planning with intentions of very few ADRs and have it spiral exponentially out of control. :lmao: I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with those, though.

Good luck with the ADR-making and, of course, the baby's arrival! :cool1:

Hey! Checking in, how is everything coming along!? Did ADRs go ok? Baby Cece is soooo adorable, I am loving all your pics on FB!!!

I'm baaaaaccccccckkkkk!

Im so excited for you! ADRs and baby and opening day all on the same day! What a great day for you! Can't wait to see pics of that baby girl! Oh, and the ADRs/daily plans look good too
Alas, it was exciting and great, but as you know things have changed....
Stop in with pics and updates of the BABY!

Good luck! Hoping for a smooth delivery & can't wait to see pics of that new sweet baby girl!
Things with the baby went great! Pics are coming soon!

Oh THAT minor detail! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:cheer2: Yay for knowing what you want!

Is anyone ever able to stick to that? :rotfl: I know we didn't. We ended up with 2 more than originally planned.
Oh my gosh I am out of control with the ADRs! Its a problem, there should be a support group...

Plans sound great! I totally understand what it's like to go into planning with intentions of very few ADRs and have it spiral exponentially out of control. :lmao: I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with those, though.

Good luck with the ADR-making and, of course, the baby's arrival! :cool1:
Thank you! I just love Disney TS, its a problem I know!

Hey! Checking in, how is everything coming along!? Did ADRs go ok? Baby Cece is soooo adorable, I am loving all your pics on FB!!!
Oh, there is so much new to update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter