Aft or Forward

SplashMountainManiac

DIS Veteran
On our last cruise we stayed in a category 7 room on deck 6. We have already booked a cruise for september 2007, but we are still trying to decide what room we want. For anyone who has stayed in both the aft and either midship or forward on the upper decks, is there any difference noise between the aft and other areas. Thanks.

We have only stayed forward and loved it...rebooked two more on deck 7 forward. Oops! One of those is in a SPH so deck 5 forward. :) We didn't have any problems with traffic noise or ship noise there.

We've noticed absolutely no difference in aft versus forward and high versus low. The only noticeable variation was if we were in an extreme position (meaning you have to walk a long way from the stairwells) requiring a little extra walking. But the extra exercise is good for us, so we did not complain!

Just being on the ship is good enough. We book guarantees now.

We had members of a large group that stayed in the Roy Disney Suite (Midship, deck 8?, 9? I don't remember) and another on the same deck aft (the rest of us were on deck 2 by choice) on the Eastern (7 day) and there was virtually no difference. It did seem the midship was a bit more stable feeling when I was in there, but the occupants claimed it was an exceptionally smooth time (each time I was there!) and they were "thrown from their beds!" every night. Of course, they also complained that the wood was scratched in their room. The family that was just aft claimed there was no problem, and they could tell no difference between the rooms. They had no complaints and are booking the same room for this next cruise coming up.

The Eastern cruise does roll a bit more than the Western or Southern, but it is in the open sea more, too.

Even with advances in nautical engineering to smooth the ride, the ship is still on the ocean - a moving mass.

Popular knowledge is that lower and further aft, the smoother the ride on a ship. Although we don't pay particular attention to the deck we're on (there aren't too many verandahs on decks 1 or 2), we do favor mid-ship to aft locations.

We have stayed aft twice and loved it. I like being close to Topsiders and the drink station

We have stayed mid-ship and aft and didn't really notice any difference. There was a little less traffic aft. It was also a benefit to be close to the aft elevators which take you to the drink station and Topsiders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter