Affordable suites?

skellinton

DIS Veteran
I am in charge of trying to corridinate my family's vacation for this September. Since we have given up hope of free dining, we need to be cost conscious which means 3 adults in one room, all needing their own bed and and ADA room at that. Never having needed a room with more than two beds we are flummoxed! What are our options, and what is likely to be most cost effective. We already have two other rooms, but we are fine being in different resorts, the "scrap" adults that don't fit anywhere else just want a place to sleep that won't cost an arm and a leg and won't have anyone sleeping on the floor! And if there is, by some miracle free dining available, it would be nice to have that hopefully applied to the room!

Thanks!

Really it's hard because only so many rooms even do double beds. POR does two queen beds. You might go to a value resort and get two rooms with a joining door thats going to be the cheapest route. On Expedia they had i think pop resort 87 dollars per a night. or you could do One queen bed a sofa and bring a air mattress and not pop out the sofa so you would have enough room.

You might be able to get two rooms at a value. But if all three need there own bed then you are out of luck with one room. I like the idea of two beds and a blow-up mattress if money is truly a concern for them. Good luck and hope you find something!pixiedust:

I guess it depends on what you consider affordable. All Star Music and Art of Animation have the least expensive suites on property. However, depending on when you are traveling in September, a suite at AOA will probably run about $250-$300 a night, with ASMu most likely a little cheaper. However, two rooms at a value resort may be less expensive than one suite.

Since there are only three of you, your cheapest option would be to stay in one room at a value resort, or even a moderate resort, with the third person sleeping on an air mattress.

Since there are only 3 and all need your own beds, I'd suggest 2 rooms in a value. That's the cheapest option of all. While AOA suites would also meet your needs, they are significantly more expensive than 2 rooms at a value. I know that when I priced 6 nights, the difference in price was around $450-$500. Two rooms in a moderate would be more pricey.

AsMu is only slightly more expensive than 2 value rooms, but most of the beds are pullouts and 2 of the 4 beds are very small. Personally, I think 2 value rooms are your best bet. Otherwise, you may consider off-site.

the only thing with 3 real beds in one villa is a 2-bedroom DVC - dedicated. and it is very expensive.

with the value resort - you could get a twin air mattress in the room - but don't even think you could get a double.

the other 2 beds are double - so again who sleeps where is a problem. plus you would have to bring the sheets and stuff for the air mattress.

FW - it would be one double (full) bed - 2 bunk beds and one murphy bed (again full)

maybe you should consider offsite? then you would definitely need a rental car (unless like me you are driving there)

would not give up free dinning until at least July or August for Sept.

Thanks for the input! We have decide that two adults will stay in a moderate, one of the adults being the one that requires and Ada room, and the other adult (me!) will be staying someplace cheap since I tend to be at the parks when they open and then let them sweep me out at night. I am in the room just long enough to sleep and complete my morning beauty:p routine, so in total less than 8 hours a day.

Now to decide which moderate would be best!

skellinton said:
we need to be cost conscious which means 3 adults in one room, all needing their own bed and and ADA room at that.

!

skellinton said:
that won't cost an arm and a leg and won't have anyone sleeping on the floor!

There isn't any way to have all of you in the same room, each with a bed, at a low cost. Rooms with three beds are all expensive. The cheapest would be to book a preferred room at POR, putting you in an AB room with two queen beds and a small Murphy bed. But the Murphy bed is designed for a child, so unless one of you is a petite woman, it probably wouldn't work. Otherwise, the cheapest option for you to each have a bed is to get two rooms at a value. If you can let the bed requirement go, you can do as others suggested and use an air mattress in a room at a value resort.
You might consider having your entire party look at offsite locations.

Thanks for the input! We have decide that two adults will stay in a moderate, one of the adults being the one that requires and Ada room, and the other adult (me!) will be staying someplace cheap since I tend to be at the parks when they open and then let them sweep me out at night. I am in the room just long enough to sleep and complete my morning beauty:p routine, so in total less than 8 hours a day.

Now to decide which moderate would be best!

the problem with ADA rooms is I think they only have one king bed. Not great for sharing a room. so would go with all stars - since they are cheaper than Pop.

for the moderate would go with POFQ or POR - just depends upon what they want. easy to get around POFQ. lots to do POR. Or if they want a gym or spa then might go with CSR. these all have queen beds. CBR (the biggest) still has double beds. (tell me that makes sense)

here are some picture
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resortmain.htm

hope you find something that makes everyone happy.

the only thing with 3 real beds in one villa is a 2-bedroom DVC - dedicated. and it is very expensive.

with the value resort - you could get a twin air mattress in the room - but don't even think you could get a double.

the other 2 beds are double - so again who sleeps where is a problem. plus you would have to bring the sheets and stuff for the air mattress.

FW - it would be one double (full) bed - 2 bunk beds and one murphy bed (again full)

maybe you should consider offsite? then you would definitely need a rental car (unless like me you are driving there)

would not give up free dinning until at least July or August for Sept.
Actually, an OKW 1-bedroom would have 2 queen beds in the bedroom and 1 sleeper sofa in the living area. When you compare the cost of renting points for a 1-bedroom at OKV vs. 2 std. rooms at POP (rack rate) the DVC villa is still more expensive.

Actually, an OKW 1-bedroom would have 2 queen beds in the bedroom and 1 sleeper sofa in the living area. When you compare the cost of renting points for a 1-bedroom at OKV vs. 2 std. rooms at POP (rack rate) the DVC villa is still more expensive.

No, an OKW one bedroom would have one king sized bed in the bedroom, a queen sized sleeper sofa and twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. No DVC one bedroom villa has two queen sized beds.

was talking about a 2-bedroom villa -

1 king bed in the master - dedicated has 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom - except some at BCV.

If you're getting two rooms anyway, why not a king ADA room and a regular room at a value resort? You could probably get connecting rooms if you explain that you need access to the ADA room to help the occupant. That's what I would try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter