• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Affordable Magnet Option!!!!

Dizpinfriend

Sarcasm, just another free service I offer..
Hi Everyone - I am set to sail the Dream in May and was looking at my options for printing up some fun magnets to decorate my door. In the past, I purchased the fairly expensive magnet printer paper that you can buy - however this time my internet search brought me to Oriental Trading. They sell 8 1/2 x 11 adhesive magnet sheets in packs of a dozen for $10 bucks... You can print out your DISigns on regular paper or glossy photo paper (my choice) then adhere to the paper and cut out. So far it has worked out great for me and I have way more magnet sheets than I would have if I went the printer paper route - which means more decorations for my door!!

Thought I would share:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/b...requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sku=57/9500

:banana:

Hi Everyone - I am set to sail the Dream in May and was looking at my options for printing up some fun magnets to decorate my door. In the past, I purchased the fairly expensive magnet printer paper that you can buy - however this time my internet search brought me to Oriental Trading. They sell 8 1/2 x 11 adhesive magnet sheets in packs of a dozen for $10 bucks... You can print out your DISigns on regular paper or glossy photo paper (my choice) then adhere to the paper and cut out. So far it has worked out great for me and I have way more magnet sheets than I would have if I went the printer paper route - which means more decorations for my door!!

Thought I would share:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/b...requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sku=57/9500

Oriental Trading has been great over the years and see...you learn something new everyday....I did not know they sold magnetic sheets.

Oriental Trading is also good for FE gifts, pirate attire, party decorations, etc.

I order from them all the time.

MJ

MJ - I agree that they are great. I also order from them frequently, and I get the catalogs often - but I was very pleasantly surprised to see the magnet sheets come up in my internet search. I'm really glad I Googled, have never seen them in a catalog!!!

Now I am going magnet crazy... LOL:laughing:

Can you post some pictures of the Magnets that you have made? I'm new to the whole cruise thing and have no idea what to do! Thanks!

THANKS Dizpinfriend!!
What a great tip! We set sail in 54 days and I was planning on starting my magnets this week! That is such a better deal than what I was going to buy!
Love OT but didn't realize they carried magnet sheets!
Thanks again!!:banana:

Can you post some pictures of the Magnets that you have made? I'm new to the whole cruise thing and have no idea what to do! Thanks!

Sooooo many options!!

Start here for some ideas -
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

many DIS'ers are generous enough to help create graphics, and many others offer up their designs to be used by others.

Most important - have fun with it!!!

And if you are a Prime member, you get free shipping!

Anyone have any pictures to share of their magnet creations? My first cruise, so I would love some inspiration!

:)

Thought I would share:

Here's one I created:
davisnauticalfamily.jpg

I love the look of the nautical flags, so I searched online and found a site that will translate your name into the flag pattern. I thought this would be appropriate for a cruise ;)

I will post a few more later

Thanks for the link, I have been trying to figure out how we were going to do the magnet decorations too without spending an arm and a leg on the printer paper, I have tons of Disney pics now I'll have the magnets to go along with them.

Anyone have any pictures to share of their magnet creations?

This was our door on our first cruise. March 13-20, 2011 to the Mexican Riviera.

99% of these were either custom made for me by other DISsers, or pulled from their graphic files.

Your first stop should be the Creative DISigns forum. You will find more resources there than you can shake the proverbial stick at.

If it's totally overwhelming, I can give you some links to some of the DISigners graphic archives and you can look around and get ideas. I spent 9 months collecting my graphics, and then I printed them, laminated them and stuck magnet pieces to the back (use more than you think, or use the magnet sheets).

Can someone clarify something:

Do you put this sheets on the printer or you glue things to them?? I dont know how to use them. :confused3

These particular sheets are adhesive backed. You print your designs on regular paper or glossy photo paper and stick them to the magnet sheets, then cut them out.

There are magnetic sheets that you can purchase from office supply stores like Staples that can go directly through your ink jet printers - the sheets linked in this thread are not that kind.

I bought the Avery brand sheets at Office Depot that run right through my printer. So I printed my designs right on the magnet-just make sure to let your designs dry properly. The ink my "run" if you don't. I was even able to add some glitter glue to one of my designs. I got some wonderful ideas off of this board. I definitely want to check out the sheets from Oriental trading. I paid 9.95 for 5 sheets.

Thanks for the links and the great ideas.
I just ordered the magnetic sheets from Amazon :thumbsup2
So, I am sooo not crafty :confused3 and want to do this right. What kind of glue is best to use to stick the picture to the magnetic sheet?
Thanks,
Karen

Karen - I am not familiar with the sheets from Amazon, but if they are the same as the ones I linked to Oriental Trading - they have the adhesive on them already. You peel back the protective paper and just adhere your printed designs right to them - seriously could not be any easier!!

Have fun with them!!

Just to let you know that in Southern Ontario you can buy these adhesive magnetic sheets at the local dollar stores in the craft section. I would assume you could probably find it there too. We printed out our colour pictures, attached them to the adhesive magnetic sheets, and then coated them using clear vinyl adhesive (which we also got at the dollar store). The magnets came out looking very professional if I say so myself.:goodvibes

Hmmm - I'll have to keep my eyes open in my Dollar Tree - so far I haven't seen anything close - but they get new stuff all the time.

As for laminating afterwards - I don't feel the need - I print my designs on glossy photo paper (which I have found at my Dollar Tree) and they are glossy enough for my liking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter