Affordable breakfast ideas offsite

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
We (Me DW, DH, DS14, DS16, DD19) are going to DL in July and are staying at the Anabella which doesn't offer breakfast with our stay which is what we are used to getting but decided to opt for this hotel cuz I won a 2 night stay & this kids suite offers so much more room for our family. Anyhow, I am looking for any good off site places to get breakfast that is affordable as we have 2 teenage boys... We want a hot breakfast. We do not want to bring danish or bagels or cereal to our room. We are more looking for a hot breakfast that is good, filling & inexpensive. We really liked Millie's but were saddened to see that is closed.:( We are going to do one day at carnation cafe one day but are looking for other off site ideas for the remainder of our trip. We usually have a good breakfast, a good dinner & snack the rest of the day if hungry. So, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My teenage boys loved breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe. Portions are very large. Not really inexpensive I guess, but I felt it was decent for the quantity and quality of food.

Earl of Sandwich offers breakfast sandwiches that look very affordable. We haven't tried them yet, but they are on our list.

Also, in one of the recent podcasts, Tony did a review of some of the downtown Disney places and spoke really favorably of Tortilla Joe's counter service for breakfast. He said the food was tasty and inexpensive. It's not a place I would have considered before, but his review made me sort of interested.

Hmm...I see you asked for offsite and I guess downtown Disney doesn't technically count. Staying at the Annabella though I would think downtown Disney might be more accessible to you than restaurants on Harbor.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do want to try Tortilla Joes but will probably try on the trip where its just my daughter & me as DS14 doesn't like mexican food. I'll look at Earl of Sandwich that might get expensive though. Ill have to look at allears.net menus.

Earl's of Sandwich is one of the cheapest restaurants at Disney. This is why it gets such positive reviews. The food leaves much to be desired. But when you look at the number of reviews for it, I believe it's because of the price as opposed to the food.

We (Me DW, DH, DS14, DS16, DD19) are going to DL in July and are staying at the Anabella which doesn't offer breakfast with our stay which is what we are used to getting but decided to opt for this hotel cuz I won a 2 night stay & this kids suite offers so much more room for our family. Anyhow, I am looking for any good off site places to get breakfast that is affordable as we have 2 teenage boys... We want a hot breakfast. We do not want to bring danish or bagels or cereal to our room. We are more looking for a hot breakfast that is good, filling & inexpensive. We really liked Millie's but were saddened to see that is closed.:( We are going to do one day at carnation cafe one day but are looking for other off site ideas for the remainder of our trip. We usually have a good breakfast, a good dinner & snack the rest of the day if hungry. So, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Will you have a car? To the the bargains you are looking for, you will need to drive out of the resort district. There's a Coco's on Harbor, a mile or two away, near the Target. If you take Katella down past the stadium, there are several other places. Closer to DL, there are also a couple of IHOPS on Harbor.

Yes we will have a car so we can drive to breakfast so that's definitely doable.

I signed up for the Mimi's Cafe email list and put Anaheim as my home location. Every 2 weeks or so I get a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free entrees which makes breakfast affordable as the 3 of us share the 2 meals. Mmis is on Harbour near HoJos and the new Courtyard.

White water snacks in GCH has a wonderful breakfast burrito that's surprisingly well priced. They have other common breakfast item as well.

Earl's of Sandwich is one of the cheapest restaurants at Disney. This is why it gets such positive reviews. The food leaves much to be desired. But when you look at the number of reviews for it, I believe it's because of the price as opposed to the food.
This I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

I signed up for the Mimi's Cafe email list and put Anaheim as my home location. Every 2 weeks or so I get a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free entrees which makes breakfast affordable as the 3 of us share the 2 meals. Mmis is on Harbour near HoJos and the new Courtyard.
Thanks for the info. I will check this out.

We do like breakfast burritos. I will look at both suggestions as even though DS14 doesn't like Mexican food he does like breakfast burritos with eggs, bacon & cheese. Thanks for all the suggestions. Please keep the ideas coming as we will be here for a week so a few ideas are great.

There is IHOP and Dennys on Harbour. They are inexpensive, lots of choices and huge portions. So you can eat and head to the parks.

Have a magical time!

There is a Cocos and Tiffys next to your hotel. There is also a Dennys on Katella that is much closer than the one on Harbor

Most people don't consider it for breakfast but Starbucks has some great hot food. My wife and I always get the oatmeal and hot ham and Swiss sandwich from Starbucks and it is quite tasty and very filing. Its also a lot faster than a sit down place. I usually drive over to the one at the intersection of Ball and Harbor and bring the food back to our hotel to eat. Or if we are running late we just go to one of the Starbucks locations in the parks. Often it is cheaper than going to a sit down restaurant as well.

If we stay at a hotel with no breakfast, we always just grab the breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks in the parks.

I'll just throw this out there because it hasn't already been mentioned: there is a McDonald's on Harbor across the street from the park. May not be what you are looking for, but it is cheap and easy to go through the drive thru.

We have had the breakfast burritos at tortilla jo's counter service. They were very good, definitely filling and inexpensive. I believe the small are about $4 and the large around $6. They have several different meats and you can choose what you want in each burrito as they make them in front of you. Plenty of seating outside too.

I'll just throw this out there because it hasn't already been mentioned: there is a McDonald's on Harbor across the street from the park. May not be what you are looking for, but it is cheap and easy to go through the drive thru.
We do get McDonalds on our way out of town, so we do have that in mind but also wanted to hear about other ideas for breakfast. Thanks everyone for your input. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter