Aerosol sunscreen?

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
Can you bring in aerosol sunscreen to the parks? MLB doesn't let you bring them in to stadiums, so I figured it was best to ask so I can plan accordingly.

I would only ask that you be aware of your surroundings before you spray (and which way the wind is blowing). I've gotten caught in the down draft of spray-on sunscreen too many times. Let me tell you, it doesn't taste good.

Yes, of course. I've been there, done that. I normally use lotion sunscreen, but for long days on the go and even coverage I'll use the spray.

I like the spray too it has worked so well this summer on my son before we go in the pool or his swim lessons. Yes I think you can use them at dl but as others have said just be careful where you spray it I would chose to do it before you hit the park in the am and then in the afternoon off the beaten path lol.

I would only ask that you be aware of your surroundings before you spray (and which way the wind is blowing). I've gotten caught in the down draft of spray-on sunscreen too many times. Let me tell you, it doesn't taste good.

Nor does it make asthmatic lungs FEEL good!

You should have no problem! I'm fairly sure I even saw them selling it in the park. Just don't buy it inside the park... it's really expensive!

Yes, we always take it in to the parks and no one has ever said anything. That is the only way my son will put sunscreen on!

The reason why MLB doesn't let you bring them in is more due to the fact it's a metal can. Yet they sell those beers that come in what feels like aluminum bottles as well.

You should have no problem! I'm fairly sure I even saw them selling it in the park. Just don't buy it inside the park... it's really expensive!
Yup......
Many of the gift shops sell aerosol sunscreen. But as noted, it's ungodly expensive.
We just took a small backup can in the parks in case sweat, or one of the water rides, removed the protection from an exposed area.

Is the coverage really better with the spray on? I only ask because I've only used it once, but that one time my husband was left with a sunburn in the shape of a handprint in his back. We've never had that issue with the lotions.

You can definitely bring the spray on. Like everyone else said, just try not to spray close to other people. I had a coughing fit for about 15 minutes after someone essentially sprayed it right in my face.

I'm feeling a little unnerved that people would just assume because I ask about bringing in this sunscreen that I'm not aware how to use or apply it. I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences with other people, but I assure you as an asthmatic myself that I am conscious enough of others to not apply near them.

I have been using it for a week in half on my son every day at swim lessons and so far no sunburn. I am guessing some one put there hand on his back and the sun lotion came off with the hand that's why he got sun burn that way. I hate sunburns and it has runied the end of two trips I've had before one was sea world the last daY i was a B big time because how hurt i was.

Is the coverage really better with the spray on? I only ask because I've only used it once, but that one time my husband was left with a sunburn in the shape of a handprint in his back. We've never had that issue with the lotions.

Actually spray on sun screen does not provide better coverage. And does pose an inhalation risk.

Taken from the EWG's hall of shame sunscreen linked here

"One in every four sunscreens in this year’s database is a spray. People like sprays because they’re easy to squirt on squirming kids and hard-to-reach areas. But they may pose serious inhalation risks, and they make it too easy to apply too little or miss a spot.

The FDA has expressed doubts about their safety and effectiveness but hasn’t banned them. As long as they’re legal, sunscreen manufacturers will make them"

With a couple clicks in the above EWG link you can read the full report and find a safer and healthier sunscreen. :D

Can you bring in aerosol sunscreen to the parks? MLB doesn't let you bring them in to stadiums, so I figured it was best to ask so I can plan accordingly.

I'm really curious as to what MLB ballpark you're going to.

As a season-ticket holder, I've never had to surrender my aerosol sunscreen OR my Evian aerosol water spray. And I was just there last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter