• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aeroplan - Same disney tickets as anywhere else?

bltman

Mouseketeer
I need 6 day parkhopper tickets for an upcoming trip in April and Aeroplan offers only 4, 5 or 7 day tickets. If I redeem my miles for the 5 day tickets through Aeroplan, I assume they are the same tickets that are offered anywhere else and can be upgraded to a six day when I arrive. Can someone confirm?

bltman said:
I need 6 day parkhopper tickets for an upcoming trip in April and Aeroplan offers only 4, 5 or 7 day tickets. If I redeem my miles for the 5 day tickets through Aeroplan, I assume they are the same tickets that are offered anywhere else and can be upgraded to a six day when I arrive. Can someone confirm?

In reading through the Aeroplan website it is apparent these are regular MYW hoppers. Aeroplan sends you a voucher. You redeem the voucher at a WDW ticket booth for the hoppers. Aeroplan does not send you the park hopper.

That said, the use of Aeroplan points for park hoppers seems to be a poor use of the points. One receives a very low value per point. Those 42000 points are almost a return economy flight from Toronto to Honolulu & can be redeemed for a shorter business class flight of higher value. The 5 day park hopper costs about $320 through Undercover Tourist's website.

Ymmv,

Neil

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That said, the use of Aeroplan points for park hoppers seems to be a poor use of the points. One receives a very low value per point. Those 42000 points are almost a return economy flight from Toronto to Honolulu & can be redeemed for a shorter business class flight of higher value. The 5 day park hopper costs about $320 through Undercover Tourist's website.

I agree that they are not a good use of miles. I was going to use them to fly to paris except that 50% of the flight is made up of taxes and I would still need to pay those. In any event, my wife and I decided to my miles for a family trip to Disney. The miles are already covering airfare for 4 people (though we need to pay $400 in taxes), and our 6 night stay at the Swan. While not the most effecient use of the miles, we want to try and cover as much of the trip as possible and that means covering 2 of 4 park tickets that we need. Disney for $1000 sounds so appealing (400 in taxes plus 600 for kids park tickets). Leaves lots of room in the budget for meals, etc. I may yet change my mind in save for future vacation. Trip is not until april...

While I agree that it may not be the best value for the point, like me, I will be using my Aeroplan points for buying 2 - 7 day hoppers for our upcoming March trip. The points have been slated for the Disney trip and it saves me from paying for it out of pocket.

Was anyone able to confirm that the aeroplan tix can be upgraded? Is it possible to upgrade even to annual passes?

I am wondering the same thing as CanuckPrincess. I would like to use points for passes and possible upgrade to an AP while there. Anyone know if this is possible?

I am wondering the same thing as CanuckPrincess. I would like to use points for passes and possible upgrade to an AP while there. Anyone know if this is possible?

Assuming they are the same as airmiles tickets and yes- they can be bridged to AP. have done so several times.

We just upgraded Aeroplan tix 7 days to 10 days with non-expiry and added the fun option. It cost about 450.0

I was planning to do this too, as we could not get a single seat on a flight (let alone 6), and that was starting to plan at 11 months out! They have made flying on a reward ticket out of Winnipeg almost impossible. Oh, I lie - there was an option that we could all fly - leaving Winnipeg at 6 am, and arriving in Orlando just before midnight.

So I thought about getting hoppers, but depending on the package that Disney might release, that might not be a great idea (as packages usually require the purchase of tickets). In the end, I decided to redeem everything for American Express gift cards, which we can then use wherever we want when we are down there.

Also recommend redeeming miles for AMEX gift card that can be used anywhere AMEX is accepted. It might be worth seeing if you get a better redemption value from those and use them to buy the park tickets/meals/other stuff...

I used the aeroplan voucher last year. The woman at MK front gate didn't seem to know what it was but after some persistence and my shock at her saying it wasn't a valid voucher....we got things sorted out. I had 5 day tickets and we only used 2 days but they wanted over $100 to upgrade each pass so I didn't bother (they upgrade on the full pass - not just remaining days. I've already ordered 4 day passes for this year. Not a great use of points but makes me feel good going for free..........

I guess I should update the thread even though I am a few months late. The Aeroplan vouchers were sent to me by email and consisted of some codes. The concierge at Boardwalk Inn activated them and simply applied them to our room keys. Very easy process if staying onsite.

bltman,

I ordered MYW tickets from Aeroplan some time ago and while I received a confirmation of the purchase I have yet to get email confirmation. Do you know how long that email confirmation took to receive? I'm going in a month and would like to have everything in order long before I go.

Thanks!

Hello
I would like to purchase disneyland park passes from aeroplan. Redeem I should say. I have cut it close and am travelling within the 2-4 week time frame disclaimer they state. How long does it take to receive the voucher ? Thanks!

I was going to redeem aeroplan miles for Disney tickets as well and then was told over the phone that if i wanted the dining plan i would have to purchase the tickets through Disney as part of the package. No problem I will still save on the cost of tickets.

Then as I research further I read that you cannot park hop with the Fastpass. So using all those airmiles for a ParkHopper option is not really worth it. This may be different for people staying offsite. Maybe someone here can clarify.

Am now thinking I will also get gift cards with aeroplan miles and just use them to pay for the Universal Studio segment of our trip.

Gift cards are also not worth all those airmiles but hey I need to make this trip as affordable as possible. Besides Air Canada has made it so difficult to redeem miles with their crappy calender using the tiered system that I want to get rid of my miles now and change cards.

Hello
I would like to purchase disneyland park passes from aeroplan. Redeem I should say. I have cut it close and am travelling within the 2-4 week time frame disclaimer they state. How long does it take to receive the voucher ? Thanks!

The tickets (at least for Disney world) come within a day or two as codes to your email address.

Then as I research further I read that you cannot park hop with the Fastpass. So using all those airmiles for a ParkHopper option is not really worth it. This may be different for people staying offsite. Maybe someone here can clarify.

You can park hop whenever you want. The only restriction is that your 3 advance selections for Fastpass Plus must be at the same park.

Am now thinking I will also get gift cards with aeroplan miles and just use them to pay for the Universal Studio segment of our trip. Gift cards are also not worth all those airmiles but hey I need to make this trip as affordable as possible. Besides Air Canada has made it so difficult to redeem miles with their crappy calender using the tiered system that I want to get rid of my miles now and change cards.

I use only an aeroplan visa as my credit card and charge everything (even cable, phone, etc.) and that results in me hitting Silver distinction. Once you hit Silver or higher, the number of miles needed for market fare flights starts to drop. I am using points to fly at beginning of December and the market fare redemption was only a couple of thousand points higher for my 4 tickets than classic . The real problem are the added taxes and fees (and the fact that Air Canada now only flies crappy AC Rouge planes to Orlando).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter