[ADVISORY] WDW - MagicBand-Only Testing Begins at Disney's Pop Century Resort

Has anyone caught wind of the rumor that POP is going to stop the wave 2 testing tomorrow because of negative guest feedback??? by the source of the rumor they are suppose to stop it tomorrow. I would be shocked if they did and if they do it shows just how much work still needs to be done!!! maybe they would just go to sopping all resorts at the same time and pulling FB-. (look now I'm starting rumors)

But what really is going to be the next "fair" way to move forward. Disney has to move forward and try to make as many people happy as possible. Could they really just stop using the old FB- one day???

The more I try and think about how they are going to make this change over the more I shake my head and say "god bless" all these CM's who have to deal with this.

Has anyone caught wind of the rumor that POP is going to stop the wave 2 testing tomorrow because of negative guest feedback??? by the source of the rumor they are suppose to stop it tomorrow. I would be shocked if they did and if they do it shows just how much work still needs to be done!!! maybe they would just go to sopping all resorts at the same time and pulling FB-. (look now I'm starting rumors)

But what really is going to be the next "fair" way to move forward. Disney has to move forward and try to make as many people happy as possible. Could they really just stop using the old FB- one day???

The more I try and think about how they are going to make this change over the more I shake my head and say "god bless" all these CM's who have to deal with this.

I've heard the rumor, but not through any reliable source yet.

As far as fair, I think the only way is "cold turkey".

Are you just making this up that it might stop tomorrow, lol. I would say the best way to do it is to add offsite guests and APs to FP+ next. Once everyone has access to FP+, pull FP- altogether. Then adjust the FP+ to either give people more per day, less/no tiers, etc. Only when everyone is using FP+ and only FP+ can real data be collected.

Are you just making this up that it might stop tomorrow, lol. I would say the best way to do it is to add offsite guests and APs to FP+ next. Once everyone has access to FP+, pull FP- altogether. Then adjust the FP+ to either give people more per day, less/no tiers, etc. Only when everyone is using FP+ and only FP+ can real data be collected.

:)No I swear, I'm not making it up. I agree with your thinking: Add everyone then cut it off!!! Below is the quote from another website, that I read the rumor from: ( Sorry for those who get offended, this is just a "Copy n' paste" job :rotfl2:)

Here is what the person said, their quote:
Was just told today by pop century’s back end management team that the magic band only test at pop was a one week thing, and due to the fact that it did not succeed, it will end tomorrow and pop guests will once again be given kttw cards that scan in fp machines. This is for to the overwhelming response that those staying there feel they could have done better staying off site. The feedback overwhelmingly was “take paper fp away from offsite guests before you take it from onsite guests.” I am supposed to call back tomorrow to confirm, but this is the information they have been given. Had it succeeded they had planned to roll it out to all resorts. end quote.

I've heard the rumor, but not through any reliable source yet.

As far as fair, I think the only way is "cold turkey".

Like you said, I do not know the source or know if it has any truth in it. I am very skeptical of Disney going backwards at all, it would be a huge sign of weakness and just how far away from the finish line they are.

I simply just found it interesting to talk about and maybe even spur some fun talk about how Disney could tie this all up. I'm one of those "Kool-Aid" guys, I love the idea behind the MB and BF+ thing and can not wait to see the future on how Disney take this to levels we can not even imagine. We all just need to get thru this hard "change" part and find ways to make the most out of it during it.

SIDE NOTE:The only reason this rumor could be true, goes back to MY WONDERFUL LUCK, seeing how I switch from POP to another resort. It would make perfect sense for Disney to allow POP guests the use of the KTTW card...:rotfl2:

I don't know how to quote links yet. But I switched from pop to music 5 days before arrival date and did not have to pay extra fees.

I have a friend who is staying at Pop over Christmas and I told him that I'll try all my old tickets when I'm there over Thanksgiving and if any of them work for FP- I'll give them to him for his trip.

I hope Hub has not left us. The information was very helpful to all of us going.

They will have to fix it so that NO ONE can use the old system before they start putting guests on the new system alone. Restrictions on FP choices with new vs. no restrictions with old - there's no way they can give one group both and another group only the new. If WDW wants to switch over to the new system, they have to cut the old one off and start removing the machines.

And of course if this is what they are going to do, they can do it at any time. So then they'll have to deal with those who are at WDW right when the cutoff happens, or who arrive immediately after it.

I do think that if The Hub is a Disney cast member, they probably understand that they are most likely risking their job.

I hope the Hub has not left either. I appreciate your information and your generosity in sharing. Thank you for helping all of us!

It has been well over a week of testing MagicBands and no KTTW card at POP. I am very surprised that more resorts have not been added (especially if they are doing it to lighten the FP- load during peak times with Thanksgiving coming up). I didn't think they would want to isolate and leave only 1 resort. If this keeps up the next week or so with only POP, I may have to try to move my reservation for Dec 14-23 to another resort. I thought for sure all resorts would be like this before Christmas. Well, hopefully they stop the test soon and restart it in the new year and do all resorts at once (probably not going to happen though).

It has been well over a week of testing MagicBands and no KTTW card at POP. I am very surprised that more resorts have not been added (especially if they are doing it to lighten the FP- load during peak times with Thanksgiving coming up). I didn't think they would want to isolate and leave only 1 resort. If this keeps up the next week or so with only POP, I may have to try to move my reservation for Dec 14-23 to another resort. I thought for sure all resorts would be like this before Christmas. Well, hopefully they stop the test soon and restart it in the new year and do all resorts at once (probably not going to happen though).

Wait to see what happens the week after Thanksgiving.

Wait to see what happens the week after Thanksgiving.

I think I am going to do that. I just thought that they were rushing to get rid of KTTW cards to guests because of the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds. Will see what happens the week after. Knowing my luck, I will switch and then the day before I go they will expand to more resorts.

Called tonight to attempt to move our 12/12-12/18 reservation out of Pop and was told I would lose my free dining plan if I switched. Frustrated. You just want the trip to be perfect, and now I am disappointed instead of excited. Are old park only tickets still pulling FP-?

Called tonight to attempt to move our 12/12-12/18 reservation out of Pop and was told I would lose my free dining plan if I switched. Frustrated. You just want the trip to be perfect, and now I am disappointed instead of excited. Are old park only tickets still pulling FP-?

If I call and they refuse to switch me (if I end up trying that), I would be pretty angry and be tempted to book a couple room only reservations for one night at another value resort, go to those resorts on my first day and collect 10 KTTW cards (5 people in our party) and use them for the week for FP- if this is still only happening to POP guests by then.

So, did anyone check in to POP today and get working KTTW cards?

So Pop guests would prefer that offsite visitors get nothing? That's sad if true.

I think it is the thought that they get 3 fastpasses an there is a strong chance offsite guests could get more than that in a day (even with the disconnected machines that they can no longer access for FP-). I just wish there was an easy way to make the old FP- machines only give 3 FP- per day per person. That would put everyone's mind to rest that offsite guests might have the chance to get 5-6 or more FP-.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter