[ADVISORY] WDW - MagicBand-Only Testing Begins at Disney's Pop Century Resort

OMG!!!!!!

Is that a non-positive comment!!?!?!
;)

Jason

Haaa!!! Yes. Sort of. LOL I know it's not all kittens and rainbows and unicorns, trust me. I do still like how MBs worked for us and the overall concept of them and FP+, but the tiering does have me worried. There I said it.

Not exactly.

See this previous post from The Hub.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50100739#post50100739

I'm saying "not exactly" because its how you have to ask.

I'm not sure i am understanding what you mean by "how" I have to ask--do i need to specifically ask for a "FP keycard" and explain that I am staying at a Pop? Or is there something else I am missing ? (I did go back and read the post again but I must be missing something...). Thanks for your feedback!

Haaa!!! Yes. Sort of. LOL I know it's not all kittens and rainbows and unicorns, trust me. I do still like how MBs worked for us and the overall concept of them and FP+, but the tiering does have me worried. There I said it.

So what you are saying is....we still have a chance. ;) I personally like the fact that you, as a pretty positive supporter for some time, at least can admit that there are issues that concern them. It's such a rare thing around here. I'm not sure we can invite you to the "gloom and doomers secret offsite lunches where we discuss the evils of FP+, tiering and the fact that we think people that pay a lot for cashmere sweaters don't realize it comes from a goat. But it's a start. ;)

Just don't ever make me stay in room 317. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure i am understanding what you mean by "how" I have to ask--do i need to specifically ask for a "FP keycard" and explain that I am staying at a Pop? Or is there something else I am missing ? (I did go back and read the post again but I must be missing something...). Thanks for your feedback!

That's exactly what I was wondering! I'm not sure at all what "how" I have to ask means, lol! I also went back to reread TheHub's post but didn't see any special way or phrase to use to ask a FP keycard. :confused3

Also interested to hear back if the guest will actually get a kttw card that does pull FP- tomorrow, as assured by a phone CM, assuring the guest that it would definitely pull FP-. It will be quite interesting if it does actually work to pull those FP-! Hopefully the guest will report back!

I thought it was pretty clear in the first sentence. You have to complain first ;). It seems like that they may not just hand them out "freely".

That's exactly what I was wondering! I'm not sure at all what "how" I have to ask means, lol! I also went back to reread TheHub's post but didn't see any special way or phrase to use to ask a FP keycard. :confused3

Also interested to hear back if the guest will actually get a kttw card that does pull FP- tomorrow, as assured by a phone CM, assuring the guest that it would definitely pull FP-. It will be quite interesting if it does actually work to pull those FP-! Hopefully the guest will report back!

A fast pass key card is given out at FP machines. That is where you will need to ask for one. They are normally given out to people who's ticket has malfunctioned and it allows them to use that in the FP machine instead of the broken ticket. I've also gotten one when my YDD managed to enter the park without tapping her ticket so it said it hadn't been activated even though we were all in the park. Those are the types of things they have been used for in the past.

Now you will have to ask for one of those special fast pass key card. I doubt they will have them at the front desk as they are good for 1 day only and I believe only in the park issued (I can't remember if that's what it said on the back).

I would just ask at check in and make sure to get a supervisor if you don't like the answer you are given. Since you know these key card are available, it should it easier for them to just be straight with you. If they really don't know anything about the,, then you will need to ask at guest relations in each park.

So what you are saying is....we still have a chance. ;) I personally like the fact that you, as a pretty positive supporter for some time, at least can admit that there are issues that concern them. It's such a rare thing around here. I'm not sure we can invite you to the "gloom and doomers secret offsite lunches where we discuss the evils of FP+, tiering and the fact that we think people that pay a lot for cashmere sweaters don't realize it comes from a goat. But it's a start. ;) Just don't ever make me stay in room 317. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

We use AAA to book our trip and I went to pick up my documents yesterday. We are staying at Boardwalk in 2 weeks. Anyway, this guy knows Disney very well (I have met some AAA agents that know nothing) so I started grilling him on this whole Pop thing.
He claims that this really is for just THE WEEK they said it was for. That they will go back to giving guests the KTTW cards as soon as the week test is over.
He also said it doesn't make much sense since POP guests are getting cards if they ask for them.
He also claimed that he did not expect anything major to happen until after Christmas and that we should be ok to get both FP+ and -.

So I do not know if he is 100% right or 50% right or not at all right, but I do know he usually knows what is going on.

So what you are saying is....we still have a chance. ;) I personally like the fact that you, as a pretty positive supporter for some time, at least can admit that there are issues that concern them. It's such a rare thing around here. I'm not sure we can invite you to the "gloom and doomers secret offsite lunches where we discuss the evils of FP+, tiering and the fact that we think people that pay a lot for cashmere sweaters don't realize it comes from a goat. But it's a start. ;)

Just don't ever make me stay in room 317. :thumbsup2

So I'm guessing cabrito is on the menu for this week's lunch.....

Maybe they needed to see how loudly people would squeal? It sounds like maybe they are finding out.

Acually, I think you're correct. Hub stated that they have to keep a specific record of those from POP requesting the card and I'm sure they're doing the same at POP itself. It makes sense for them to get an accurate percentage on FP+/FP- superusers to those that don't know or don't care before they roll this out further. POP's a large resort so it's a good sample size.

Acually, I think you're correct. Hub stated that they have to keep a specific record of those from POP requesting the card and I'm sure they're doing the same at POP itself. It makes sense for them to get an accurate percentage on FP+/FP- superusers to those that don't know or don't care before they roll this out further. POP's a large resort so it's a good sample size.
I wonder what good this sampling would do? I would expect that they would just roll it all out regardless of how many protest. The problem is that Pop people are being handled differently and unless they decide to open it all up at once that will always be a potential problem.

I wonder what good this sampling would do? I would expect that they would just roll it all out regardless of how many protest. The problem is that Pop people are being handled differently and unless they decide to open it all up at once that will always be a potential problem.

It makes a big difference to them from a guest services perspective - number of complaints, time spent with x% of guests in resorts and parks, any modifications to how they train guest services to handle them, any changes to the message, etc. All of which could influence if they roll it out to one resort, a group of resorts, or all resorts next. Staffing, messaging, and training are a big deal when they get to this point in the rollout.

It makes a big difference to them from a guest services perspective - number of complaints, time spent with x% of guests in resorts and parks, any modifications to how they train guest services to handle them, any changes to the message, etc. All of which could influence if they roll it out to one resort, a group of resorts, or all resorts next. Staffing, messaging, and training are a big deal when they get to this point in the rollout.
I sympathize with the GS CM's. I don't expect there to be any trouble-free way to do this.

Maybe they are trying to keep track of how many complain so they can know what to expect when they take the FP- access away from the other resorts.

If they keep POP on this "test" or add the other resorts, there is still going to be complaining until they shut down the paper FP machines. Which apparently they aren't prepared to do anytime soon because they can't seem to get their offsite customers up on the new system yet.

Clearly the goal is to keep onsite guests happy by pacifying people who complain enough with these daily cards. They didn't care when onsite guests were (and I guess still are) double dipping at the expense of offsite guests who didn't have access to FP+.

I dunno. What a mess.

as they are good for 1 day only and I believe only in the park issued (I can't remember if that's what it said on the back).

Just wanted to report in case anyone wanted to know, the cards are only good in the park that you receive it and for only one day. I have one from our trip this past June. The date and park is stamped on the back.

I thought it was pretty clear in the first sentence. You have to complain first ;). It seems like that they may not just hand them out "freely".

Figure its best to just expand on my PP.

I get two points out of the hub's post

• They are doing this as part of Guest Recovery. That's why I say you have to "complain" first. Note quotes around the word upset in the hub's post. But The hub also says they are being "encouraged" to hand them out so maybe you don't have to be too upset.
  • According to the last part of the post, this may only be happening at a particular attraction at one park where the hub works. It sounds like the team leaders there are deciding that if guests complain they are going to make it "right" by giving them a card.

One other point, this decision by the leaders at this attraction may backfire. Any "policy" that is basically "say the secret word and get something others can't" can anger just as many guests that don't know this unpublished policy and find out afterwards.

Clearly the goal is to keep onsite guests happy by pacifying people who complain enough with these daily cards. They didn't care when onsite guests were (and I guess still are) double dipping at the expense of offsite guests who didn't have access to FP+.

I dunno. What a mess.

I'm in this boat. Even if I get to DHS at rope drop, if I'm somehow in the back of the line at TSM for fast passes, the passes may run out before I can even get to a machine.

I sympathize with the GS CM's. I don't expect there to be any trouble-free way to do this.

GS CM's and IT CM's definitely deserve all the sympathy we can give them

What's going on behind the scenes right now would blow peoples' minds (and not in a good way...)

A fast pass key card is given out at FP machines. That is where you will need to ask for one. They are normally given out to people who's ticket has malfunctioned and it allows them to use that in the FP machine instead of the broken ticket. I've also gotten one when my YDD managed to enter the park without tapping her ticket so it said it hadn't been activated even though we were all in the park. Those are the types of things they have been used for in the past.

Now you will have to ask for one of those special fast pass key card. I doubt they will have them at the front desk as they are good for 1 day only and I believe only in the park issued (I can't remember if that's what it said on the back).

I would just ask at check in and make sure to get a supervisor if you don't like the answer you are given. Since you know these key card are available, it should it easier for them to just be straight with you. If they really don't know anything about the,, then you will need to ask at guest relations in each park.

The Front Desk at your resort will not have them, nor will Guest Relations. If you complain to Guest Relations, the most you will receive is a No Strings Attached FastPass for one ride or one set of readds for your family.

Front Desk cast members would most likely not even know these cards exist, as they aren't part of Operations. Only Operations Cast Members at FastPass Distribution or an Attractions Coordinator/Leader will be able to give you one of these.

We use AAA to book our trip and I went to pick up my documents yesterday. We are staying at Boardwalk in 2 weeks. Anyway, this guy knows Disney very well (I have met some AAA agents that know nothing) so I started grilling him on this whole Pop thing.
He claims that this really is for just THE WEEK they said it was for. That they will go back to giving guests the KTTW cards as soon as the week test is over.
He also said it doesn't make much sense since POP guests are getting cards if they ask for them.
He also claimed that he did not expect anything major to happen until after Christmas and that we should be ok to get both FP+ and -.

So I do not know if he is 100% right or 50% right or not at all right, but I do know he usually knows what is going on.

The advisory end date was posted November 19. Today is November 19. Guests are still not being issued a Key to the World Card. There was no one week testing. AAA agents are not given any resources from OneSource that we are given and therefore do not have up to date information about our ever-so-changing process. As posted in the first post and throughout this thread, the KTTW cards distributed are different and not only can we identify them through the information on the card, we also are now using touch to identify to view reservation details.

GS CM's and IT CM's definitely deserve all the sympathy we can give them

What's going on behind the scenes right now would blow peoples' minds (and not in a good way...)

You don't even want to know what is being said backstage about MyMagic+ or even about the guests who don't know how to use them, making everything inefficient throughout the park. It isn't very magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter