[ADVISORY] WDW - MagicBand-Only Testing Begins at Disney's Pop Century Resort

Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?

Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?

It's being reported on easywdw too, and I don't think he would post that if he didn't think it was reliable.

If you look at his/her other posts, they seem to be very informative.

And Josh is reporting that the test for Pop ends on 11/19. Where they go from there is anybody's guess.

Even though it seemed pretty clear to most (like you), there have been many responses in the many FP+ threads by people who said they doubted FP- would ever truly go away. IMHO it was wishful thinking at best.

I think the people who have been saying that FP- won't go away have been saying that it will remain in the form of FPs that can be obtained same day through a MB instead of by inserting a card into a machine and receiving a paper ticket.

This development doesn't really tell us any more about that one way or the other. It's just another step in the transition to some unknown end result.

It's been posted on other reliable sites, so there's more than 1 source for this.

I think the people who have been saying that FP- won't go away have been saying that it will remain in the form of FPs that can be obtained same day through a MB instead of by inserting a card into a machine and receiving a paper ticket.

This development doesn't really tell us any more about that one way or the other. It's just another step in the transition to some unknown end result.

I saw others insisting there would be some paper media always available, but whatever. I'm pretty sure those people are who lugnut was posting about.

Hmm. We check in at POP on Friday. I am figuring this all out.

One thing I'm sorting out in my head is regular FP(i'm guessing that's what all of you mean when you say FP-) vs FP+. We have not made any FP+ selections because we will be purchasing military tickets when we get there(we prefer not to drive all the way across Georgia to buy them) so we haven't linked tickets.

What I'm sorting out is this-my husband, who will be in Orlando for a national sales mtg and staying at the Peabody, plans to join us for the weekend days, but since he wont be on property I'm trying to figure out how, if he's with us, he can have a FP at the same time as us. It puts some people at a real disadvantage. Like if you are staying on property and you have family in Orlando who won't be in a room. You won't be getting any FP together.

This could be a mess. :worried:

Ehh- people can question it now but it's going to happen eventually. Disney didn't pour billions into this new system to keep the old one around forever. It's going bye bye- better start the emotional letting go now. Somethings you just have to accept and move on with the show. We've got a POP reservation in February- I'm not crying any tears, we'll live, either way. No use freaking out over things that you can't control. Full fledge My Magic + isn't the end of the world ;)

Wow, two days notice. Was this emailed/mailed to those staying at POP? Just wondering how it was posted.

Just want to state for the record, this is only for people volunteered for testing, you could opt out and used KTTW If you wish not to be a part of MB testing..

Just want to state for the record, this is only for people volunteered for testing, you could opt out and used KTTW If you wish not to be a part of MB testing..

Even now? Since we're staying at POP in Jan, we could still opt out and get KTTW cards that could conceivably pull more than the 3/day that MBs can?

But doesn't it say that even with KTTW cards you won't be able to pull paper FP-s? Thought it said they will not work.

If I am issued a Key to the World card can I still get FASTPASS tickets
when I’m in the park in addition to the FastPass+ selections I make on My
Disney Experience?
No. Because the mag stripes are not active on Key to the World cards issued to
Guests participating in this test., they will not work in FASTPASS machines. By
staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you have the benefit of reserving
access to some of your favorite attractions ahead of time with Disney FastPass+
service.

This is saying those KTTW card won't work in the FP kiosk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter