Advise on traveling w/ BABIES

Jrabbit910

Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
Hi All :grouphug:

For anyone that has done WDW with 3 children under the age of 3, please help!

How do you travel around with them? Do you bring your own stroller or do you rent? How do the kids handle it and is it very stressful? When I took my first son it was great, but now adding two more to the mix, makes me think its going to be a horror show! How do you experience the magic without letting things get out of control and keeping things stress free for everyone? :eek:

TIA!!! :goodvibes

I haven't done it with three kids, only two, but I feel like the stroller is key.

Are you flying or driving to WDW?

We bring our own - it is sooo helpful at the airport and the kids are comfortable in it, so they will just lean back and rest when they need to, either at the airport or in the parks. Yes, it's a bit of a task to get on the Disney buses, but we just make sure we have the kids out and the stroller folded up before the bus arrives. One of us takes the kids, the other takes the stroller and the bag. We've never had much of a problem with it.

We do plan ahead though if the kids are going to fall asleep around the time we are going to leave the park. If that looks like a possibility, we head to the buses before the rest of the throng. Waiting in line and getting on a packed bus with sleeping kids could be a disaster!

I think the most important thing is not to push your kids to do more than they are capable of. If your kids are used to taking naps during the day, make sure you do it at WDW. Ours were content to nap in the stroller but lots of kids aren't. If yours won't, then plan to go back to the resort at nap time. WDW can be an awesome experience for kids (and parents) but not if they are pushed beyond their limits. Nobody's enjoying it if everyone is stressed out! Take it easy and do what's best for your family - what works for my family may not work for yours.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!! :wizard:

I agree strollers are the key. YOU will need probably one of those large double strollers for yourself/husband for 2 of the kids, and a second single for the other. That way you and your husband can trade off on the big stroller and take a break with the easier single.

You'll need one of those semi-trialer truck sized strollers :lmao: so you can keep all your stuff. Bulky I know, but you don't have much choice.

Hi All :grouphug:

For anyone that has done WDW with 3 children under the age of 3, please help!

How do you travel around with them? Do you bring your own stroller or do you rent? How do the kids handle it and is it very stressful? When I took my first son it was great, but now adding two more to the mix, makes me think its going to be a horror show! How do you experience the magic without letting things get out of control and keeping things stress free for everyone? :eek:

TIA!!! :goodvibes

I suspect that you won't receive too many replies, since probably most who have done this were institutionalized shortly thereafter!
We had five in seven years, but never tried this one!
Week before last, we were at Disney for a week with a 13 month old and 6 year old. Grandkids, of course. Of course, the 13 month old called the shots.
If you go with the idea of just having fun, and forget about trying to do everything, you'll be OK.
I'm told the night tremors only last for a month or so-good luck!

I have done Disney with a 1 year old (and each year after), then a baby, pregnant at all stages of my children's lives. Disney is great at each stage. When they are younger don't plan too much. Prioritize what is important to your family and enjoy all the other wonderful moments that will happen. I brought my own stroller each time. I have a MacLaren Truimph and it is the best for Disney. In your situation I would have one of those stand and sits. If you can do it stay at a monorail resort. Get them ready put them in the stroller and go. Next thing you know you are in the park. Our fav is the Poly. Also, take frequent breaks at the baby stations. They have a play room for little ones that is air conditioned with cartoons and toys. Every park has one. Use it. It is great to get off your feet and sit in their rockers while the kids just blow off some steam. Every age is a fun age at DW.:thumbsup2. I only have two kids, but what's one more just more to love at Disney.

Take it slow. Go in the morning, do whatever you can and go back to hotel. Let them sleep, relax at pool, play at a playground. Then go in the evening, catch whatever show you can catch. Rent a car, since buses can be very busy at the end of the day. Bring your own strollers because you do not want to carry sleeping kids all the way to the bus or your car.

Okay. Take this with a grain of salt because we haven't actually *been* yet, but here's what we are doing.

We have ds6.5, ds3.5 and dd10 months at time of travel.

I bought a Maclaren Techno at a garage sale the other day ($35!!). We are going to take that so we have a stroller with us but is easily folded, etc for the busses. I also have an Ergo baby carrier that both the little guys can fit into. Our plan is to alternate who gets to ride in the stroller, who will be carried in the Ergo, and who will be walking (obviously mostly the 6.5 yo). If we determine that they are just too tired to continue on any given day, we will rent a double stroller in the park so there is a spot for everyone to ride. I'm thinking right now Epcot day is a good day to do this. It is a big park and will be in the middle of the trip for us, so I'm betting everyone will want to ride that day. :)

We were orginally planning to go back for naps, but now my plan is to go on a given day until just before we start melting, and then head back to the resort and be done for the day. We will be skipping Wishes/Illuminations/Spectro, etc. The kids don't know any different and sleep is more important. I'm figuring we will be headed back 'home' every day by about 5 pm. I've only made lunch table ressies so that we aren't hanging in a park just for food times and we have a nice break for lunch.

Who knows how all this will play out, but this is what I'm thinking right now. :) Ds6.5 has already asked if Disney has a pool, so I'm trying to keep in mind that it really doesn't take much to entertain them and there's no need to cram everything into this trip. :) We may be headed back to the resort every day after lunch so the kids can swim, and I'm going to have to be okay with that. :cool2: I'm also planning on hitting rope drop every morning, but that's only b/c I have a crew of notoriously early risers. They are usually up and at'em by 6 am every morning.

ETA: All but one of our table ressies are for buffets. I did that on purpose. That way we aren't sitting around waiting for food at restaurants. They can go, get what they want, and be done. I think the buffets will be 'paced' better for the littles. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter