Advice on transport for 6 people to/from GCH....

aroundtheriverbend

DIS Veteran
Hi all, we are arriving in LA in just over 3 weeks, and will be travelling with 6 people (3 adults, 3 kids). We had originally thought about renting a car, but frankly is seems like more cost/hassle than it's worth considering we're really only planning on travelling 3 separate times:

LAX to Queen Mary Hotel
Queen Mary Hotel to GCH at DLR
GCH to Courtyard Marriott by LAX

Renting a car for 6 is pretty darn expensive, it's considered a deluxe SUV or deluxe minivan and is more than double the price of a regular car (in addition to the hassle of parking, pick up/drop off). We don't want to spend a fortune, but also don't want to lose several hours trying to ride buses with our luggage.

Any suggestions on the best way to move everyone around in one group? Do you think this is something we should arrange in advance, or do most taxi companies have vehicles that would accommodate 6?

Many thanks!

Our party of six took a taxi from SNA to Disneyland hotel for forty dollars plus tip. If you don't see an appropriate sized van just go to the cab stand and tell them you need transportation for six and they'll pull up a van in about five minutes. Definitely cheaper than renting a vehicle since you also have to pay to park at the resort, gas, insurance, etc.

BraveMom said:
Our party of six took a taxi from SNA to Disneyland hotel for forty dollars plus tip. If you don't see an appropriate sized van just go to the cab stand and tell them you need transportation for six and they'll pull up a van in about five minutes. Definitely cheaper than renting a vehicle since you also have to pay to park at the resort, gas, insurance, etc.

This is what I was going to suggest also. If you are pleased with the service to your first destination then save the driver's info and call him directly for your other two stops.

Lana :)

You could price shuttles, but with the price for 6 people, it might be better to call a company that rents limos and town cars. They usually also rent vans and SUVs. The advantage there is you can make extra stops, like a grocery store on the way to GCH. Are any of the kids under 8? If so, they will need a car seat.

We are a party of 6. We are taking DK Livery limo service. Much easier than a car rental and you can use car seats for the kids. Have a great trip!

For our last trip the end of January, we rented a mini van through Costco.

I kept checking and found a GREAT rate! Monday 6pm to Sat 5pm for $121!!!

Sure we had to pay for parking but it made it so nice to have our own transportation while we were there.

There were 4 adults and 2 kids in our group and the Mini Van was perfect.

Geemo

I dont typically fly into LAX when I go to Disney. I usually fly into SNA. However my brother always flys into LAX, and he takes Super Shuttle from the airport to hotel and it costs him about $12-15 per adult. It maybe cheaper for children. Its an option to look into anyway. I don't know what I could recommend to you from Queen Mary to GCH, but maybe another persons recommendation on here may come in handy. I would price out all your options including a car rental to see what is your cheaper option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter