Advice on restaurants at Epcot on a budget.

Dislover1991

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney from December 13-21 and decided to do Epcot 2 days. We have the Candlelight Processional dinner package for our first night at Epcot so we'll be having an early dinner (3:30) at Garden Grill. We planned to have a small breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery (we're staying at BWV) and split a sandwich and some snacks at Les Halles.

For the second day at Epcot, we'll be having oatmeal or a pastry at Boardwalk Bakery (again) and were thinking of having a small lunch at Kringla (Norway bakery) and eating dinner at Sunshine Seasons - so it'll pretty much be a QS day! I'd love to try a TS restaurant in the Showcase but we are trying to keep our food budget low (we aren't on the dining plan) since we are doing the Candlelight package & MVMCP.

Any suggestions on any inexpensive TS restaurants in the Showcase or is Sunshine Seasons pretty good?

Thanks for any advice!!!

Before I had read your post and had only read your title, the first place I thought of was Sunshine Seasons, so it seems great minds think alike. IMO, Sunshine Seasons is one of the best CS locations on property. We have never had a bad meal there, the portions are a good size and there is a really nice variety to choose from. If you are looking to cut a few bucks, I would keep with your plan and do Sunshine Seasons for your other EC night.

Before I had read your post and had only read your title, the first place I thought of was Sunshine Seasons, so it seems great minds think alike. IMO, Sunshine Seasons is one of the best CS locations on property. We have never had a bad meal there, the portions are a good size and there is a really nice variety to choose from. If you are looking to cut a few bucks, I would keep with your plan and do Sunshine Seasons for your other EC night.

Great!

I think since the 3 of us wanted foods from different countries, a TS restaurant would be difficult to decide on anyways. Plus when we rode Soarin last year, Sunshine Seasons smelled amazing! We were actually upset that we had an ADR at Coral Reef ;)

What about having fish and chips at the Fish Shop in the UK and dessert in at the French pastry shop rather than a table service dinner? Or a dinner at Rose and Crown with a seat to see Illuminations? Otherwise, the pizzas a Via Napoli are really good and can be split amongst the group.

Looking at the WS TS I don't really see an inexpensive one that I would pick. Maybe Nine Dragons?I haven't been there and it doesn't get many great reviews but easywdw.com recently reviewed it and said it was okay.

Meals range from $13 to $27.

I think I would stick to CS, Sunshine Seasons is great. In WS we like Tangierine Cafe. And the meals are quite large.

Tangerine Cafe--their Shwarma Platters are huge, have lots of tasty items and are reasonably priced. The Chicken Shwarma is $11.99 and will feed 2 people. Tangerine Cafe is our favorite QS in Epcot and one of our favorites in WDW.

To add a little bit more, just my humble opinion, but EPCOT is such an amazing food park that I would not eat at the same place twice. There are a lot of great quick service places along the showcase...Sommerfest in Germany (Brats! and pretzels), La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico, the Katsura Grill in Japan....we snack as we walk around the Showcase and get one dish to share at each quick service.

Tangerine Cafe--their Shwarma Platters are huge, have lots of tasty items and are reasonably priced. The Chicken Shwarma is $11.99 and will feed 2 people. Tangerine Cafe is our favorite QS in Epcot and one of our favorites in WDW.

I was actually looking at Tangerine Cafe. We checked out the menu at Restaurant Marrakesh on our last visit but didn't see anything that we would like. Plus we just didn't want to pay that much for food if we weren't sure whether we liked Moroccan food or not. But Tangerine Cafe looks pretty appetizing! I honestly wouldn't mind going there, Kringla, and SS and just splitting a meal at each place between the 3 of us just to try a variety of international dishes :thumbsup2

Now to the Disney Food Blog for reviews ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter