Advice On Mine Train Without Fast Pass

schwenksvillemouse

DIS Veteran
All

We haven't been to MK since the expansion and I'm trying to decide on our plan for the day. We are going on Thurs 3/30 and have a morning breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:10am. I've been playing with Touring Plans and it shows if I want to start my day with Mine Train it would be a 50 minute wait at 9am. Does this sound right? I assumed if I got ahead of rope drop and got to the standby line I could get a ride in without a long wait. Thoughts?

All

We haven't been to MK since the expansion and I'm trying to decide on our plan for the day. We are going on Thurs 3/30 and have a morning breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:10am. I've been playing with Touring Plans and it shows if I want to start my day with Mine Train it would be a 50 minute wait at 9am. Does this sound right? I assumed if I got ahead of rope drop and got to the standby line I could get a ride in without a long wait. Thoughts?
I was there at rope drop (at the rope) during president's week and walked on. Off the ride by 9 am. I also rode early a couple of mornings after pre open breakfast at BOG

All

Are you sure that's not a morning EMH day?

ETA: I just looked on Disney's site and it is a morning EMH day. Rope drop is at 8am. Oh and it is a Wednesday.

All

Are you sure that's not a morning EMH day?

ETA: I just looked on Disney's site and it is a morning EMH day. Rope drop is at 8am. Oh and it is a Wednesday.

Since its an EMH morning then you can:
  1. Rebook MK for another day preferably without EMH mornings. Of course it may be too difficult to get a CP ADR for 8am at 30 days out, and you may also run into the same problem as #2...
  2. FP+ 7DMT for after breakfast, also difficult to do at 30 days but you may get lucky.
  3. If you can manage to do a full day at the parks then wait until 9-10pm and you will have a short wait. If you are skipping Wishes then you can ride while the show is on for short waits and a fun view.
  4. Just wait in line. There are some fun things to experience in the queue.

I was just there on Tues on a low crowd day... by the time we walked by the line at 8:57am (park opens normally by 8:50 and people start "walking" it was already a posted wait of 30 minutes. We went on a ride and walked back by at 9:10 and it was posted at 50 mins.... (at 10am it was 75 mins) so yes if you get their before rope drop your time will be under 50 mins but with a 8:10 ADR at CP you won't get done before the rope crowd gets released in my experience. CP is often slow at seating and by the time you eat and get characters it will easier be 8:45am.

Thanks all. I did not notice that was an EMH at MK. I think that is a recent change, but I could have missed it all along. I thought it was only EMH in the evening when doing my initial planning.

All

We were there in mid-November and again early February. There for Rope Drop, went right to Mine Train, and we were off the ride shortly after 9:00 both times. Rope Drop is the best way if you don't have a FP.

One other option for non-FP riding is to get in line 2 min before park closing. The posted wait will be awful, but without the FP returns taking 75% of the seats, all of the available seats go to standby. It moves shockingly faster this way.

This is one ride I would not wait long for without a FP. Its an OK ride, but honestly if I waited more than 30 minutes, I would be seriously disappointed.

just keepp playing with with fast pass try getting each guest in at the same hour time frame one at a time i managed 10 people once 2 weeks out at desired time and since same hour window, everyone got to go on same time, we just waited till the last persons hour started which was near the end for the first person lol but we all got to ride together!

fast pass can be obtained for any attraction or ride, even got anna elsa that same day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter