• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on Memory Maker Purchase Please

Heather Ablondi

Earning My Ears
Hi! We just returned from our first trip to WDW in over 2 years (a fourth baby got in the way of travel-lol). Anyway, I had not planned on buying Memory Maker, but after seeing the great photos that they got this trip I want to go ahead and purchase it now before they expire.

I was just reading through the information on the new AP and how they now include Photopass Downloads. We purchased our current passes in Sept and just activated them on 10/3.

Is there a way to convert our current pass to one that includes the photo downloads? We have at least three more trips planned in the coming year and my daughters loved looking for the magic shots. It would be great to be able to download them for the coming trips as well as this past one.

Does it make more sense for me to spend $199 for the Memory Maker or to do some sort of upgrade to our current passes?

TIA!

Hi! We just returned from our first trip to WDW in over 2 years (a fourth baby got in the way of travel-lol). Anyway, I had not planned on buying Memory Maker, but after seeing the great photos that they got this trip I want to go ahead and purchase it now before they expire.

I was just reading through the information on the new AP and how they now include Photopass Downloads. We purchased our current passes in Sept and just activated them on 10/3.

Is there a way to convert our current pass to one that includes the photo downloads? We have at least three more trips planned in the coming year and my daughters loved looking for the magic shots. It would be great to be able to download them for the coming trips as well as this past one.

Does it make more sense for me to spend $199 for the Memory Maker or to do some sort of upgrade to our current passes?

TIA!
Many posts on the boards since the new passes were introduced have indicated that you can upgrade by paying the difference between the cost of your current pass (what you paid when you bought it in September) vs what the new equivalent pass would cost but that it has to be done in person. For instance we have the reg DVC annual pass which cost $529 when we bought it in May-I plan to upgrade mine on our trip next week to the new gold pass and pay the $20 difference. I know I am giving up the blackout dates but we don't travel at Christmas or Easter so it doesn't matter to us. We had planned on getting memory maker anyway so instead of paying $170 we will pay $20 (assuming all prev reports hold true). If we encounter any problem I will repost. You could try calling and see if you can do it over the phone but it seems like it is only be done in person at a ticket window/guest relations. Others who have upgraded have reported getting access to old pictures that were taken prior to the upgrade but if you want access to those pictures now you may have to purchase memory maker.

I don't think upgrading will allow you to get the photo's taken prior to the upgrade. Be sure you check before you do any upgrade.

That said, if you are going again before your current passes expire, it would be worth it to upgrade one of them - the one assigned to the person who owns the MDE account. Checxk out the Theme Parks Board - there seems to be quite a few posts about this over there.

Are Platinum AP holders able to download pictures linked in via Friends and Family for free as well?
Yes-my husband rode a few rides without me so far and scanned his magic band for pictures my son got with a character (by accident meant to scan mine)-but so far all the pictures he gets I can access and download (we only upgraded my pass from regular to DVC gold for $21)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter