Advice on good shoes to wear

Crocs are good but if they have any wear on their soles they hur your feet and are really slippery when it rains. If you wear crocs make sure they are new. I always wear tennis shoes that are supportive but hav a mesh/breathable fabric. I also wear really thin socks. Hope this helps.

I've always worn tennis shoes, but I'm thinking about getting some sandals to try. For those of you who wear a flip flop style (or any style that is more of a slip-on), do you find that it's harder to keep them on during certain rides like Soarin' or that it's harder to run if you need to for any reason? When I am home and wearing my clarks flip flops and the kids want me to run on the sidewalk on the way to school (for example), it's hard to keep them on properly when I run. My feet hurt because I'm stiffening them to try and keep them on or I'm much slower than I should be.

When on Soarin, I take the off and put them in the net underneath my seat.

I also love the Crocs flip-flops. My feet blister very easily, especially on top from shoes rubbing. They also get very hot and swollen, so the flippies are great. The crocs offer a lot of support and stability, and keep my toes nice and cool. I tried them for the first time on our last trip, and was not sure that I would be able to wear them every day, but I had no problem at all! It was the best my feet have ever felt after a day in the Parks...

I have tried so many different types of shoes!! last year I finally realized its not the shoes but the socks!! I bought drymax socks and only had one blister the whole 10 day trip!! every other trip I could hardly walk by day 8. Best money I ever spent.

My very first trip to Disney was to Disneyland and granted, I was only there for 1 day visiting with friends, I was 7.5 months pregnant. Tons of people suggested crocs to me when I was inquiring about shoes and I was a bit skeptical (wasn't a fan of the look since they only had the clogs back then) but I finally caved and bought some. I will happily report that I ended up purchasing an additional pair when I returned because I had no problems walking in them for the entire day. I was also working a scrapbooking convention that same week and was on my feet all day the remainder of the week working and walking the convention center and I never had any issues. I was a believer then!

I definitely had to weigh in on this thread because my feet are FUNKY! That was my primary worry last Aug/Sept when we were there. I knew it was going to be hot and I didn't want to wear tennis shoes because while my feet don't swell and sweat, if they are hot, then I am hot. I couldn't wear flip flops all day because there's not enough support. I am definitely one of those people who can't shop at Wal-Mart or Payless for shoes!

I brought a pair of Keens (Newport) and a pair of Chacos (ZX/2 Yampa). I will swear by the Chacos! I love those shoes. They are comfortable, waterproof, and cool. The Keens I wore only one day and the cap on the toe was killing my toes by the end of the day, and I did use Foot Glide. I used Foot Glide with both pairs and that definitely helped too.

Good luck!! :thumbsup2

my little toe sticks out of my keens on the right side and kill my feet! I only wear my Keens around the house with socks! Such a shame:(

my little toe sticks out of my keens on the right side and kill my feet! I only wear my Keens around the house with socks! Such a shame:(

Mine do too! Considering how so many people here on the DIS rave about Keens, I thought I just had weird feet.:rotfl: I've tried relacing them numerous times trying to make the fit better, but they just kill my feet. I made the mistake of wearing them shopping one time and came back with blisters/red spots on the balls of both feet, on the top of one foot, top of one big toe, and around both little toes. That was the last time I tried to wear them. For some reason my feet just don't like Keens. Mine are the Keen Newport and the guy at the sporting goods store recommended them and even tried them on me. I didn't think they were comfortable, but he assured me they were the right size and I just needed to break them in.lol I haven't worn them in the last two years.

Mine do too! Considering how so many people here on the DIS rave about Keens, I thought I just had weird feet.:rotfl: I've tried relacing them numerous times trying to make the fit better, but they just kill my feet. I made the mistake of wearing them shopping one time and came back with blisters/red spots on the balls of both feet, on the top of one foot, top of one big toe, and around both little toes. That was the last time I tried to wear them. For some reason my feet just don't like Keens. Mine are the Keen Newport and the guy at the sporting goods store recommended them and even tried them on me. I didn't think they were comfortable, but he assured me they were the right size and I just needed to break them in.lol I haven't worn them in the last two years.

yes mine are Keen Newports as well. Same here they were sized for me and came highly reccomended bought them for a trip we took to St Lucia and OMG my right toe area felt like it was on fire.. Thought perhaps i didnt break them in enough started wearing them with socks which makes me comfy but without socks they still kill my foot!

I love my birkenstocks. I have bin to disney a lot of times and i wear them all the time, everytime whitout blisters ore hot feet :-)

I love my Keens for busy days in the parks and a nice pair of flip flops for down times.

http://www.zappos.com/keen-venice-h2-raya-red

I like the cap toe too, very roomy and little to no break in period. Order at least half a size up though. :)

OK, ordered my Keens and received them today. Was sooo excited! Put them right on. Within the hour my arches were aching me. I wore them for 3 hours before giving up. What a relief to take them off! Now my arches feel sore. So...I'm wondering if these shoes are 1) just not right for my feet, 2) the wrong size and I should try a half size up, or 3) I have to give my feet time to get used to them. I regularly wear Keens hiking boots without any issues. I wear a 7 1/2 in the boots, so I went with the 7 1/2 in the venice sandals. Anyone have any suggections?
:confused3

Two or three trips ago I used my usual Easy Spirit open back/closed toe sneakers. I had used this same style for several trips. By the end of the first day, the soles of my feet felt like they were on fire! Every step brought me to tears. I couldn't keep up with the others because my feet were so sore. So I bought the Disney crocs at the resort gift shop and they literally saved my trip! I was able to walk the parks open to close for the rest of my ten day trip.
I used them every trip after that with no problems. I do wear them with sock and my daughters cringe when they see me but I don't care. I just make sure all the pictures are from the waist up LOL!
This year, my darling Bella (aussie shepherd/border collie puppy) decided they were her newest chew toy and destroyed them. Knowing that they don't sell the disney crocs anymore, I called Crocs and they told me that the Disney crocs were fashion according to the specs for the CRocband style of cRocs. So I just purchased 2 pairs in preparation for my October trip. I bought one a size bigger just in case my feet swell a bit in the evenings.
I hope I get the same good results from these - I do plan on wearing them a few times before my trip just to be sure.

OK, ordered my Keens and received them today. Was sooo excited! Put them right on. Within the hour my arches were aching me. I wore them for 3 hours before giving up. What a relief to take them off! Now my arches feel sore. So...I'm wondering if these shoes are 1) just not right for my feet, 2) the wrong size and I should try a half size up, or 3) I have to give my feet time to get used to them. I regularly wear Keens hiking boots without any issues. I wear a 7 1/2 in the boots, so I went with the 7 1/2 in the venice sandals. Anyone have any suggections?
:confused3

So, tried to wear them a few times more (around the house) and they were really bothering me on the inside of my foot/ my arch on both feet. I'm returning them, unfortunately, eventhough I just LOVE the look of them and want to keep them so bad!!!:sad2: So sad. I may check them out in a store - try on a bigger size, but since I ordered them through the mail via a shop that does not have free shipping (my bad) I can't keep ordering different sizes - it will cost me a fortune!! For now, I'm going to stick with my usual crocs flip flops. I had just heard so many great things about the Keens, that I wanted to try them!

I cannot wear "normal" flip flops, but I have found "yogasandals" and I LOVE them! They are thicker soled, flip flops with dividers between all of the toes. They are more supportive than regular flip flops. I wear them everywhere in the parks, and my feet thank me for it. I can't wear socks and shoes for hours on end...if I do wear them, I bring my yoga sandals to change into mid-afternoon.
You can check them out at yogasandals.com
Good luck!

I agree with Teva mush flip-flops. They mold to your feet and do have arch support. New Balance running shoes are great too.

Definitely agree with the Teva vote, Keen's are also incredibly comfortable and have great support.

I also have a pair of super-cushy Tommy Hilfiger flip-flops that I wear when it's considerably hot outside, never had a blister to this day.

I am a buyer so go to china twice a year for three weeks. I walk all day at huge gift shows on concrete. It is hot and humid there and can easily get blisters. I found it similar to my trips in wdw (where I do less walking). I have pain in my siatic nerve so I need good foot support.
So runners are out because my feet burn after a few hours. I have a pair of Keens and they are very comfortable but my feet get really hot in them. So last year I researched on the web for the best pair of flip-flops and I found the answer to all my foot problem. Reef: Girl Slaps are the best flip flops ever! They have great arch support, super comfy sole and the thong that fits between the toes is of very soft material. I wore them everyday at wdw and during my China trips. I never had to change shoes once. I ordered them on amazon and got them delivered to wdw resort before my trip last year. Love them:love:

Is there a break in period with the OluKai Ohana? They felt pretty good in the store but when I wear them at home they are killing my arch. It feels like I am walking on concrete. Maybe they just aren't for me but I really wanted them to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter