Advice on Dining with a large group

Rosiekins

Is going to Disney World!!
We are headed to the world in a couple weeks :cheer2: and I am starting to get a little nervous about our dining. I made all the reservations some are for only 2 (No worries there!) but some are for 7 to 12 people. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for dining with such large parties in Disney?

I think we are going to use a 15 min rule, in that if you are not there with in 15 min of the reservation time we will tell them you are not coming and sit and eat with out you. If I remember correctly Disney will not seat you if you are not all there right?

On that note too I am a little concerned with getting charged with no shows on our reservation. We went over and over the reservations, picking what each person wanted in on before I made them. But the other day when I asked one of the families to look over the reservations we had so they could really see just how many they signed up for, I got a "Oh we won't know what we want to go to till we get there". I am just worried about getting charged $10 for each of them each time they don't show up with the rest of us.

Anyway any feedback on these issues and just about dining with large Multi Family parties would be really appreciated!!

We are headed to the world in a couple weeks :cheer2: and I am starting to get a little nervous about our dining. I made all the reservations some are for only 2 (No worries there!) but some are for 7 to 12 people. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for dining with such large parties in Disney? I think we are going to use a 15 min rule, in that if you are not there with in 15 min of the reservation time we will tell them you are not coming and sit and eat with out you. If I remember correctly Disney will not seat you if you are not all there right? On that note too I am a little concerned with getting charged with no shows on our reservation. We went over and over the reservations, picking what each person wanted in on before I made them. But the other day when I asked one of the families to look over the reservations we had so they could really see just how many they signed up for, I got a "Oh we won't know what we want to go to till we get there". I am just worried about getting charged $10 for each of them each time they don't show up with the rest of us. Anyway any feedback on these issues and just about dining with large Multi Family parties would be really appreciated!!

If at least some of your party shows up, you will not be charged for those that don't.

Pp is correct as long as one person shows up you won't be charged. You are asked to check in 15 mins prior to your ADR time. I would tell the family they have to be there 15 mins prior or you will check in without them and they are on their own. I know it sounds harsh but you made these plans with their help and the rest of the group shouldn't be waiting for a long time.

1) FIRSTLY, 7-12 people IS NOT a large group.
2) SECONDLY, as mentioned, as long as someone shows, ther isn't a no-show charge.

ADR "NO-SHOW" CANCELLATION FEES:
As of October 31, 2013, ALL table service eateries, both Disney
owned and non-Disney owned will be convered by this policy.

1) The rule says you are charged $10 per person for "no-show" ADR's.
. . . penalty applies when none of the party appears for the ADR
. . . penalty does not apply as long as some guests in party appear
2) The "no-show" penalty procedure
. . . podium person lists ADR as no-show (checks "On Hold" box in computer)
. . . usually after 30-minutes tardiness you are marked as a "no-show"
. . . once listed as "no-show", your name and number of your guests are listed
. . . the computer is reviewed by a manager at the end of the operating day
. . . the eatery manager SOLELY determines whether or not to charge you
. . . if charged, the cost penalty is on your credit/debit card immediately
. . . there are NO exceptions for missing ADR's for such things as later flights
. . . if worried about late/delayed flights, don't book a TS meal until well after arrival time
3) Exceptions - policy
. . . penalty is not assessed for cancellations made the day before ADR
. . . the ADR must be cancelled by 11:59pm the previous day to avoid a no-show penalty
. . . for pre-paid meals, there are 24-48 hour cancel periods (eg. CRT, HDDR, Luau)
4) Exceptions - not policy, and at manager's discretion
. . . cancellations for lunch/dinner made early in the same day
. . . you come to the eatery ANYTIME during the same day and apologize
. . . a few minutes tardy, podium person usually will not denote you as "On Hold"
5) Trial Period Backstory
. . . this was done on a trial-basis for 4-weeks in Epcot
. . . cut down no-shows by over 75% at Epcot eateries
. . . Le Cellier cut daily no-shows to 1-page from 2-3 pages
. . . now a policy, as no-shows greatly can reduce eatery revenue
. . . a no-show takes a ressie someone else might have kept
. . . the policy was then trialed for charcter meals and signature meals
. . . being so successful, it is not across-the-property for all table service meals

NOTE: During busy periods, there might be a grace period and
late-is-late, and they might even cancel your ADR. However, whether
the ADR was canceled due to tardiness or not, the penalty fee will
not be imposed, as long as you showed at the podium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter