Advice on booking for oct half term 2013

sammie1884

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone had any experience booking oct half term? We normally go term time but my cousin will be in her gcse year so can only take 5 days off of school.
So our plan is go around the 18th oct 2013 (there will be 10 of us)

ATM I can not really find any good deals and in some cases availability is an issue

Would really appreciate some advice, I have mainly been looking on Jetsave

Thank you :thumbsup2

I'd sign up to alerts on Skyscanner, netflights, etc and keep checking at least twice a day. It's always harder when your dates are fixed but we've done October twice (2010 and 2011) and found that the best deals were not necessarily the day that the flights are released. Often the prices drop here and there and possible glitches appear after the release of your dates.

Are you considering indirect as well? With decent connection times it will only make a few hours difference, if that. While I understand that you have limited time available to enjoy a shorter trip, the savings for 10 people will be significant if you are able to be flexible where you can.

Thank you, I will sign up to skyscaner this eve. We will be going for 2 weeks its just one of the weeks has to be half term.

I had not thought of indirect flights I suppose that could be an option but my youngest will only be 20ish months so I guess it depends on how easy it would be with her.

October half-term is a nightmare to get flights - so bad that one year we went in February because we couldn't get direct flights and now book package. However we did get last minute flights in 2009 (3 weeks before) from British airways. They worked out more expensive than a Virgin package holiday :( don't expect big bargains if like me you are tied to half-term. Are the half-terms earlier next year? We haven't had our dates released yet and they are very late this year.

We are going to book package (well I think thats what we are doing) as we have always done it that way and dont know any different tbh :confused3

I really want to get it booked this week or next as I am already aware that it is selling out fast, its the flights that are worrying me. we normally fly with virgin and I just dont think we are going to be able to do that this time :sad1:

We are going to book package (well I think thats what we are doing) as we have always done it that way and dont know any different tbh :confused3

I really want to get it booked this week or next as I am already aware that it is selling out fast, its the flights that are worrying me. we normally fly with virgin and I just dont think we are going to be able to do that this time :sad1:

Have you tried Travel City Direct? We booked a flydrive with them for October next year - oiver £400 cheaper than the same thing with Virgin Holidays.

Hi

We are off in just over two weeks for this Oct HT. I booked it in April this year for £540 per seat on Delta flights (indirect through Netflights) and £230 a week for a room at the Marriott Fairfield Inn at Lake Buena Vista. I would advise waiting. There was still lots of availability on many different flights at that point.

It's easy to book things seperately and there is lots of good advice on here to help you. Hope you find something :)

We did indirect in October 2010, with our youngest being 4 months old at the time. It really isn't an issue and we've just booked for next year going indirect with united.

It can make things easier as you go through immigration in the city you land in so it is often a lot quicker than flying into Orlando.

I'd definitely consider indirect flights.

This is our 3rd October half term.

The weekend direct flights are £££ - people are trying to minimsie time kids are out of school and the holiday companies know they can sell them many times over.

We've paid £450 each indirect on Monday 22nd with US Airways. Manchester via Philly to MCO. We did this route last year and it was fine.

Thanks everyone, ii will look into indirect flights tomorrow and discus with everyone coming. It does sound like a good way to do it. I just was worried because of how little DD will be.

I will look at travel city direct too!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter