Advice on BOG..do you have to have reservations?

tink70

artistmarnie.com
i can't find info anywhere about this, and can never get a reservation for it. Would love to try it.
Any advice?

They don't hold back tables for walk-ins. If there are no ADRs available, then there are no tables available.

Try checking for an ADR either the day before or the day of. Last minute cancellations are pretty common.

Something else you could do would be to watch the cancellation thread for the month you're going and try to coordinate with another DIS-er who is dropping a reservation.

DH and I booked a trip only about 33 days out (and we're now 12 days out). I was able to get a BOG dinner earlier this week using this method.

I would suggest using DisneyDiningBuddy. For $8 they will watch a time slot for you (say, dinner timeframe on a particular day) and text you when a time pops up. I signed up like 6 weeks ago and a few days ago i got texts at 2am for the ones I had signed up for. Got me dinner at Be Our Guest for 7 people in September. pretty happy with it!

Definitely great advice to keep trying. I often find that between 11:00 p.m. and midnight, lots of people are changing their plans around and I've seen BOG available at dinner time. Just be a stalker! :jumping1:

I have been checking since I made our trip reservation in February and until tonight, there was nothing. All of a sudden, I was able to get dinner reservation for our July trip tonight. Keep checking.

Definitely great advice to keep trying. I often find that between 11:00 p.m. and midnight, lots of people are changing their plans around and I've seen BOG available at dinner time. Just be a stalker! :jumping1:
What time zone are we talking? Eastern?

i can't find info anywhere about this, and can never get a reservation for it. Would love to try it.
Any advice?

When are you going? How many in your party ?

The most popular restaurant @ WDW - YES, you will likely need a reservation.

Keep looking - I mean multiple times each day. I find that the best luck I have is when I check before leaving for work in the morning 6am.

We just had dinner there on Friday night, during what was a pretty slow week crowd wise. They were still telling anyone in line that if they didn't have a reservation, they were basically out of luck. So yes, definitely do not go without a reservation.

BTW, the dinner was FANTASTIC and easily my new husband and I's favorite dinner of the week. :) They let us request the West Wing with only a 20 minute wait, I would definitely recommend this part of the restaurant due to being a little less noisy and more themed.

Ooooooo!! They let you sit in the West Wing at dinner time now? I'm so excited to see that! I bet you loved it!! :yay:

I am DisneyDiningBuddy believer .... We're headed down next weekend and I took the "diningbuddy" for a test drive on the Star Wars Breakfast .... and I got it ... If you use it, you have to follow the link immediately in the text message or you prob won't get the reservation. It does work though.

I've already set it up for November for BOG .... I know that more openings will occur, I just find the $8 per reservation too easy.

Ooooooo!! They let you sit in the West Wing at dinner time now? I'm so excited to see that! I bet you loved it!! :yay:

That makes sense. All of a sudden, there seems to be multiple openings while we are there in July. I checked four different days of our trip and found dinner available on all of them. I was curious so I tried a few days in June and early July and there was nothing available. I did see openings beginning to appear in Mid July. Seems kind of strange. I guess I should jut be happy that I was able to get a BOG dinner ADR. Looks like we will be starting off our trip with lunch at BOG and ending our trip with dinner there.:banana:

Thanks everyone, we are a party of 4. Two moms and our daughters on a girl trip.
I will keep checking, I have many times we could do it, which will help.
May even use the Disneybuddy. Thanks for that tip too!
Looks like a great place and I would really like to try it!

Is this new? I know the Rose Gallery has never been open for dinner. Was just the ballroom open for dinner before?
My guess is that they change it up every so often to keep things different.

When we ate dinner there, the West Wing was not open for seating but both the Rose Gallery and the Grand Ballroom were. We ate lunch there during the same week and the West Wing was where we sat - in fact, all 3 dining rooms were open during lunch that time.

When we had dinner there on Friday all three rooms were open. I requested the West Wing because my anxiety cannot handle big noisy rooms like the ballroom, and they were very gracious about it. We were told it would be an extra hour wait but really it ended up being only about 20 minutes.

i am trying for myself for CRT in augst and also for my aunt/uncle/cousins for a few in august. i got CRT just not the exact day i wanted. but honestly keep trying 90% of the time i get the restuaurant i want at the time i want, you just gotta wait the closer to the trip the more people cancel. also we even got a reservation once while we were already on vaca, two days before we wanted it and someone canceled. it was perfect. just keep trying.

And as mentioned earlier, keep checking the MDE App while you are there. Since there is a cancellation fee now, many dining venues can and will open up a day or two before the needed time. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter