Advice on assistive devices & Disney

kwdietrich1

<font color=purple>It's that darn mouse!!!! I have
I am in renal failure again 10 years post transplant. I have 'done' Disney before with my rollator and a rented wheelchair. I swell terribly and it makes walking difficult along with the on set of heat related fatigue. I want to be independent as possible and not always have to rely on a wheelchair, so I found this hybrid rollator and transport chair.

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/me...-transport-chairrollatorwheelchair-27936.html

I know my DH and my DM can help me out by pushing me when the fatigue sets in and I need a short break from walking, but I also want to walk some too.

So my question is this: Will this be any larger than a folded stroller on the buses? My rollator folded up nicely and my DH carried on the bus for me. I want to be able to do the same for this trip. I do not want to use a wheelchair and have to wait to be loaded on the bus. I'd rather leave that space for a person who cannot transport out of his/her chair.

Could someone take a look and give me their opinion? :)

It will be bigger than your rollator, but it appears to be smaller folded than a standard folding manual wheelchair, which people do carry on the buses. Plus, it is not as tall and has a carrying/lifting strap.

It appears that it would be definitely smaller than some of the folded strollers people bring on the buses, especially the doubles. Even some of the folded single strollers are nearly as big as my DD's small adult wheelchair when she is sitting in it.

I am a physical therapist and follow this board occasionally. I have learned a lot and I pass it on to my patients for when they travel. I have not seen this rollator/transport chair and it seems like a very usable assistive device. Thank you for sharing. I am going to research this device. I have patients that this could be appropriate for. There are many people who use their rollator for transport by having someone push or pull it, and I have seen the painful results of the rollator tipping. Hope you trip is an enjoyable one!

Thank you both for your feedback. I think I will go ahead and order it!
I'll report back after my trip in July to let you know how it worked out.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter