Advice on apartments???

Kayla0929

Wishing On A Star
Hello!
So, I’m moving to Florida in 8 months. I will be applying for the Spring 2013 DCP, but even if I don’t get in, I will be moving down to work at Disney SOMEHOW (this will not be ruined AGAIN). That being said, I’ve been apartment hunting (I will not be staying in DCP housing) for oh…a year…but it’s difficult since I can’t actually SEE the places. I know that on average DCPers get around 40hrs/week which equals about $240? I already have a roommate, so let’s just say on average we have 480 a week? Based on that budget, I’ve been looking for places that cost around 600-850 a month. 2 bedrooms would be super, but since it’s my cousin, we could share a bedroom and not hate each other. I’ve looked at Bella Apartments (which I just found out are terrible), Victoria Park, Legends at Champions Gate, and Abaco Key (so far what I’m leaning towards). I would greatly appreciate ANY advice on neighborhoods/communities/cheaper places/how much cast members get paid.
THANKS!

Don't trust the reviews on Bella. I have heard nothing but good things about them from people who actually live there. It is kind of like trip advisor. People only post bad reviews if something goes terribly wrong. If things go right, they rarely post a review. Also, if you look at just reviews it is hard to find any apartment anywhere that has good reviews. I would try actually talking with people who live there or calling the leasing office to find out what they have to say.

I would like to know this as well! I'm debating just getting an apartment, because I want to work for Disney FT eventually...But I'm not sure how much CP/PI's get paid! I'd also like to know where the cheaper ones are...I looked at Cagan Crossing and it looks nice

im actually looking at apartments right now to move next month..just a heads up tho, the more roommates you have, the cheaper per month it will be..if you have 4 ppl total, then it basically evens out to how much you would pay for disney housing (and thats with every person getting their own room) which means it is affordable..

my potential roommate is currently doing her cp so she has been able to actually go look at apartments in person..she said bella is gorgeous! we also looked at cane island and parkway at hunters creek

I'll be moving into Bella in about 3 weeks... So I can report on that.

In terms of pay. I am not sure what all PI's make. I know management interns make $640/week salary.

Yeah, unfortunately I've been basing my search on reviews online. Bella was one of my top choices. You're all right though. All residences will have negative reviews because people only tend to post negative things. It's just so hard trying to find the right place without seeing it for yourself. I know its probably lovely, I just got a little scared by some of the comments. But I'll look further into it. Any first hand reports of Bella or Abaco Key or really ANY apartments in the Disney area would be more than welcome! I'll trust firsthand experiences from Disney fans over random annonymous reviews ANYDAY. Thanks so much for your insight!

Well I looked into Cane Island and for a full furnished 2BR 2 BA with all utilities included its 1650 a month. 50 dollar application and only a 250 deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter