• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on airfare for November, please?

hedgehogcs

Always listening to Jiminy Cricket...
Our trip is scheduled for November 10 - 18.

I have seen plenty of price drops in the September & October airfares, but nothing for these dates yet. Does anyone know when the sales will begin for these dates? And because we're flying back on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, is that likely to be a blackout date?

I appreciate any tips you folks can provide - I'm not very experienced at this and find it a little like playing the stock market! I'm afraid of waiting for the prices to go down and finding them going up instead!

Thanks!

I found you have to check travel web sites *and* the web sites of the airline companies themselves *everyday*, because you never know how they will change. When you hit a good price--go for it!

For example, in June I checked a flight from Chicago to Washington, DC (for Sept.) on American Airlines, it was $258.00. Late June it was $180. I kicked myself for not taking because it shot back up to $258.00. Finally, right before July 4th it dropped to $145.00! That's when I booked.

Another tip is to sign up for free email newsletters from the airlines themselves (available at their web sites)...I signed up for one on Spirit Airlines and they sent me info on great deals available when booking on a weekend--like ORD to MCO for $120. Good luck, and keep searching!

If you want particular flight times, I'd book soon. We are going the exact same days you are (11/10-11/18). I wanted specific flight times so we could arrive early but not have to get up at 4:00 am, also so we could get home at decent hour with our two little ones. Anyway, I had 4 tickets at $196 picket out, and by the time I called to buy it (literally 5 minutes later), I could only get 3 tix at $196, the fourth was at $241. Over the weekend Delta dropped to $185 but our flight is still sold out of the "cheap tickets" so the price for our flight times is $231. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, we could have gotten a better price if we had waited but not for the flight times we wanted. If your flight times are flexible then it's probably not a big deal for you to wait and see what you can get. I am willing to pay a little extra to garantee that I will get excatly what I want and have as much time at disney as possible.

I just checked on orbits for your dates (since they are the same date as mine) and changed the city to Raleigh. Delta has tons of flights at $117 RT. Sounds great to me, I'd be all over that!

Don't use Orbitz.com - they tried to scam my family.

Booked a "great rate" non stop flight and the next day changed it to a connecting flight! Has anyone heard of that? Well, I wouldn't stand for that.

Made numerous complaints to AMEX and US AIR - (Orbitz didn't care that they illegally mis-representative the tix). Thankfully, AMEX and US AIR are class acts and refunded my card.

Beware of Orbitz - they are a rip off!

there are lots of cheap airfares from here (d.c.) during that time....keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter