Advice on ADR picks for close to Christmas Trip

stuarbc

Earning My Ears
We decided very late to go ahead and plan a trip close to Christmas. We will be staying December 18 through the 22nd. We are doing the Disney Dining Plan...so have a total of 4 table service meals.

I am used to planning our trips much further out and have really had trouble finding the reservations I wanted. I was able to book some...and have a couple times double booked. Would like your recommendations as there are a couple places we have never visited....and we have also never gone during christmas.

Sunday: Checking in....no reservations....attending Mickey's christmas party and planning to eat quick-service

Monday: I have two competing dinner plans

Option 1: Teppan Edo
- Family loves hibachi and figured this would be a good night to spend at epcot and see the fireworks

Option 2: Hoop-de-doo Review
- We have never been to this but have read a lot about it
- downside is it looks to be away from the parks and would pretty much take away one of our 4 nights in the parks. Since I haven't been there, not sure if it is worth it.
- Also would cost 2 table-service credits or would have to pay out of pocket

Tuesday: Breakfast and Dinner Plans

Breakfast- Have reservations for Cinderella's Castle. We have done this twice before and loved it...but only for lunch. It sounds like it might be difficult getting to this breakfast as the buses aren't running. It also cost 2 table-service credits or we would have to pay out of pocket.

Dinner- Tusker House. We have not eaten here yet but I am looking forward to it. This is only 1 credit and looks to have good reviews. This will give us an afternoon/evening in AK as well.

Wednesday: Breakfast and Dinner/lunch Plans

Breakfast- Ohana. This was one of our favorites from our last trip. Looking forward to this one.

Dinner/Lunch - We have two options here

Option 1: Fantasmic Dining package for a late lunch/early dinner (3 pm) at mama Melrose.
- In the past we have always done the fantasmic dining package and eaten at H&V. I have not been impressed with the food there, but that has allowed us to get into fantasmic (which we love) without having to use a fastpass. I have never been able to get MM, but have heard good things. The thought here is this would allow us to spend the afternoon in HS and since we will have ate a big breakfast, just wait and eat a late lunch or early dinner.

Option 2: Dinner at T-rex
- We have never been able to get reservation here and have always been interested. I was able to grab a 4 pm reservation.
- Downside is that this would also take us out of the park for an evening....and would also be our last evening at the resort.

Overall Thoughts:

If I did Hoop-de-doo and Cinderella with the other plans....I would be looking at 7 table-service credits....so a couple things need to either go or will have to be paid for out of pocket.

My thoughts are to cancel the Hoop-de-doo Review and Cinderella Breakfast. That would put us doing Teppan Edo for dinner on Monday and no breakfast plans on Tuesday....and drop us down to 4 table-service credits.

What are your thoughts?

Monday: Teppan Edo over HDD, in my opinion, as park time sounds important to you.

Tuesday: Buses will be running to get you to CRT breakfast. They start running at 6:30AM. So it's a question of if you value the castle experience. Tusker House is a better value and has very good food. I'd say do TH, personally, as it sounds like you have some concern with value.

Wednesday: Do Mama Melrose. The food is okay. The same can be true of T-REX, but if you want to see Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks, you won't with a T-REX reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter