Advice needed: Renting points with a spilt stay

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
Newbie DVC renter here We want to rent points and do a split stay between two different DVC villas and I'm not sure how to do this...

We want to book/rent points at AKV-Jambo House (2 bedroom) for 5 nights beginning 11/16 -- then, switch to either BLT or VWL for 3 more nights (2 bedroom) -- we will check out on Thanksgiving 11/24.

Is this possible? What would be the best way to do this?

TIA!

That would be two separate DVC reservations. Sure, it's possible. You can find one owner who has enough points to make both reservations for you, or you can work with two different owners, and have each one make one of the reservations.

I think you'd have a reasonable chance of getting AKV, but I'm not so sure about BLT and VWL on short notice. Most owners book 7-11 months out, you're at 4 months, and that's a very busy holiday week.

Unfortunately, you are already out of luck for both reservations. Just checked the availability and at best, you can get 1 night on each of your requests. BLT has no availability. Around holidays, you need to be booking a minimum of 7 months out and more likely 11-8 months out for monorail resorts.

Unfortunately, you are already out of luck for both reservations. Just checked the availability and at best, you can get 1 night on each of your requests. BLT has no availability. Around holidays, you need to be booking a minimum of 7 months out and more likely 11-8 months out for monorail resorts.

Thank you for checking the availability for me -- that was so nice of you! I knew when we started our planning it might be too late to get our top picks -- especially since its the week leading into Thanksgiving.

We are going back to WDW as a family after 15 years since our first trip back in 2001 - kind of a big deal for us to get our grown kids (and our son's fiance too) to be able to join us. I really want to make this trip happen!

Is there an easy way for me to look up the availability myself? I'm open to different resorts and splitting up the days differently too. We actually don't need a 2 bedroom the entire trip (my kids are joining us on Day 4) -- so, maybe I need to look at getting studios or something.

No, the resort availability tool is only available to DVC members. Studios are more difficult to get than 2 bedrooms. I think at this point the best you can hope for is OKW and SSR.

No, the resort availability tool is only available to DVC members. Studios are more difficult to get than 2 bedrooms. I think at this point the best you can hope for is OKW and SSR.

And realistically, this late in the game, for the last quarter of the year, that isn't realistic.

DVC requires planning ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter