• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed on what to do in Grand Cayman

ginger3son

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling out of Galveston on Feb.9th with my DH, DS 9, DS 6, DS 5, DS 19mn, and my babysitter. I am trying to decide which excursion would be best for us. I have read great reviews on Rum Point Beach but I am a little worried about the hour commute each directions. The other option is Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach but I haven't heard much about this one on these boards. Which do you think would be best for young children???

While in Cozumel we are doing the Cozumel Beach Break. Any reviews on this one would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance!!:cool1:

My parents have a timeshare on the North Side of the island, Rum Point is a great little beach.

joelnkelly said:
go to hell

Sorry, I always wanted to say that...:rotfl2:

Too funny. I, however, think Hell is a waste of time. We stopped took pictures and left. But that's just my opinion.

we did Rum Point Beach last August and the Turtle Farm on our previous cruise (2009)- both recommended...

go across the street from the cruise terminal to Margaritaville! They have a pool and water slide inside, so its a great way to have lunch while the kiddos are entertained. You can see pics on the Margaritaville website, just click on Grand Cayman. Bring a towel from the ship. Enjoy!

For families with young kids I tend to recommend Seven Mile Beach Public Beach. There are food trucks serving kid-friendly fare; restrooms; a few fixed a free cabanas; vendors renting chairs and umbrellas,; and playground equipment for the kids.

You can get dropped there by taxi or public bus. Most tours to the Turtle Farm and/or hell would be happy to drop you there from no additional charge on the way back to town.

Too funny. I, however, think Hell is a waste of time. We stopped took pictures and left. But that's just my opinion.
That's really all there is to Hell. It's a photo op, and a chance to buy junk that says "I went to Hell and Back!"

Sayhello

If you are going to go to 7 mile beach break in grand cayman...save yourself the the money spent on an excursions and just take a $7 cab. :)

Is there much shade available at Tiki Beach? I asked today when I was looking into booking that excursion and she couldn't even say if umbrellas were available...that would sound like a long hot day to me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter