• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed on current plans

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled to go to Disney in June of this year for 10 days. I have booked with a travel agent and have my room and ADRs already scheduled. Due to a potential trip in September, we are considering upgrading to the AP. I spoke to the travel agent and she said that I can not upgrade to an AP through her but I can do it when I arrive on property. As I am reading through some other threads I am noticing that AP holders can sometimes be given discounts on room rates. Will I be missing out on these discounts if I don't have an AP before I arrive at my resort? If so, how likely is it that Disney will offer room discounts in June? (We are traveling June 15th-25th.)

Has anyone upgraded to an AP using a travel agent? I hesitate to just cancel my reservation with her because we paid for the insurance for our trip and I believe I'll just lose that money.

Thanks for any help and advice that you have.

As a TA we can order an AP for you but can't upgrade you. There is no guarantee that Disney will release discounts for AP holders for the summer. Right now the current AP promotion ends on the 14th I believe so you would miss that by a day.

We are updating to an AP when we arrive as well. I called a CM and had them check if I updated before we arrived if our room would have a greater discount than it does currently (Spring promotion) and she said there is no available AP promotions for where we are staying, but we're already getting 30% off so that would be pretty equivalent to what we'd get with an AP elsewhere.

All that to say, call Disney and ask about your specific dates and what AP promotions are available so you can crunch the numbers. :)

As a TA we can order an AP for you but can't upgrade you. There is no guarantee that Disney will release discounts for AP holders for the summer. Right now the current AP promotion ends on the 14th I believe so you would miss that by a day.

Thanks for the information! I may speak with my TA about just ordering an AP for all of us.

We are updating to an AP when we arrive as well. I called a CM and had them check if I updated before we arrived if our room would have a greater discount than it does currently (Spring promotion) and she said there is no available AP promotions for where we are staying, but we're already getting 30% off so that would be pretty equivalent to what we'd get with an AP elsewhere.

All that to say, call Disney and ask about your specific dates and what AP promotions are available so you can crunch the numbers. :)

I will call Disney and speak to them. Thank you for your reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter