Advice needed for touring the resorts....

shellface

Mouseketeer
I have mentioned the idea of touring the resorts to mum and Dad as it is something they would never have thought to do, I did it a couple of years ago to get some quality time with my partner away from all the crowds it was fantastic!

Can anyone help me put together a bit of a plan for them to follow?

for example, me and my partner took a small 6/8 person steam boat from one resort over to MK, it was so romantic as we were the only people on it! I can't remember which hotel we went from????

time for me to stop I think....over to you lot! :santa:

I have mentioned the idea of touring the resorts to mum and Dad as it is something they would never have thought to do, I did it a couple of years ago to get some quality time with my partner away from all the crowds it was fantastic!

Can anyone help me put together a bit of a plan for them to follow?

for example, me and my partner took a small 6/8 person steam boat from one resort over to MK, it was so romantic as we were the only people on it! I can't remember which hotel we went from????

time for me to stop I think....over to you lot! :santa:

We took the monorail tour and then took the boat to the Wilderness lodge from the Contemporary. We drove to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Boardwalks...

we stay at the Beach club villas, so we start there, but from which ever hotel you are staying, you take a bus to the boardwalk.or to epcot go out the back gate at epcot ( having a park hopper pass)
walk around the back of the boardwalk area
beach club to
yacht club to
boardwalk,
swan and dolphin
walk back into the back gate at epcot (assuming they have a park hopper)
ride the monorail to all the monorail resorts.
grand floridian
poly
contemporary,
then take the boat from magic kingdom stop to wilderness lodge (we eat dinner there) and the boat back to magic kingdom, then take a bus back to wherever you are staying

If somehow you can squeeze in a bus ride through fort wilderness campground, that is just fabulous!! some of the decorations the campers put up are really something! we saw them when we ate at the hoop de doo. the bus ride back to the hotel.

we LOVE doing this...in fact this year we are sending the kids to the MVMCP
while the adults spend the evening going around. this year we will have a car, and are going to see if we can see all the resorts in one night!
it is so much fun!! just don't rush, there is so much to see at each one.

ps...this is really a lot of walking! you may have to modify it depending on how much walking your folks are up to,
the monorail resorts, then taking the boat to wilderness is the easiest if they can't handle too much exercise.

• I highly recommend planning your dining around the resorts. The food tends to be much better than in in the parks and it's a great way to see the resorts. For CS - Mara at the AK offers lovely outdoor seating near the pool area (flamingos and a savanna viewing area just a short walk away) and you can get the resort's signature dessert "zebra domes" at the quick service. Pepper Market at Coronado Springs is unlike any CS offering at Disney - and the resort is quite lovely with hammocks and bike rentals around the lake. The CS at the POLY is just a boatride away and, once again, you can eat outside and get the signature dessert.
  • For TS Dining - Whispering Canyon at the WL is great fun, Ohana at the POLY - for a fancy dinner, California Grill, Flying Fish or Citricos are amazing. We usually arrive an hour early and spend time exploring different resorts.
  • Explore BWI and BC/YC at night when the boardwalk area is running in full swing. There are beach movies with a campfifre and smores at BC/YC and all teh entertainers will be out at the Boardwalk. This is JMHO - but I think BWI feels "dead" during the day - it's after dark that the place is magic.

Also - try taking the boat from DTD to OKW/SSR/POR/PORRS - lots of neat themeing there. I think SSR has a great CS restaurant - and you can get beingets at POR.

From wherever they are, take the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Take the walkway from there to the Contemporary. Tour. Take the monorail from the Contemporary to the TTC and then to the Polynesian (alternate would be to disembark at the TTC and walk to the Polynesian). Tour the Polynesian (quick side tour to Shades of Green if they are interested) and then walk to the Grand Floridian, passing the Wedding Pavilion along the way. Tour the Grand Floridian and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

From the Magic Kingdom, take the smaller boats over to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. Tour both and return to the Magic Kingdom.

From the Magic Kingdom, board a bus to either the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club. Once there, take a full walk around Crescent Lake and tour each resort. At the last resort, take the bus back to the Magic Kingdom.

From the Magic Kingdom, take the Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter bus and tour both of those. Return to Magic Kingdom.

That will give you most of the resorts all from the starting and ending point of Magic Kingdom.

I believe you can also walk from Downtown Disney to Saratoga Springs or take the boat from there. Also Old Key West.

The only ones missed would be Pop Century, All Stars, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, and Animal Kingdom Lodge which will need to be accessed by bus.

Thanks for all the ideas they are fantastic as ever :thumbsup2

Please post any other must see/ must do's I want them to really enjoy it :santa:

disnut8 and disgal your posts were really usefull thanks, I don't een know all the resorts so having a guide like yours is really handy :goodvibes

bumping for some last minute ideas

really after some routes

must sees

must do's

best food

best drink (mum and dad like their brandy by a big open fire!!!)

Thanks in advance

Michelle

:goodvibes

bumping for some last minute ideas

really after some routes

must sees

Michelle

:goodvibes

My must sees would be the lobbies at AKL and WL. I'd do AKL at night - there's a campfire on the savanna and night vision goggles. They also offer a selection of African breads and dips at the bar - which would be a nice appetizer. Make sure to check out the night vision savanna viewing before you leave. WL just has a neat lobby and the landscaping outside makes for great pictures (I'd do this one in daylight). Roaring Forks is a nice counter service - so it would be a nice break from the MK for a lunch away from teh bustle of the parks.

There's a ferry to WL from MK. There's not a special route to AKL - as it's isolated.

My last resort must see/do is the boardwalk entertainment at night. I'd get there via the WS entrance/gate in EPCOT.

If you can swing dinner at the California Grill - the firework viewing pavilion is pretty cool during Wishes.

best drink (mum and dad like their brandy by a big open fire!!!)

At AKV they have an indoor fire pit that is relatively close to the bar. They might enjoy getting a drink and heading up there. Also, there is an outdoor fire pit not that much farther.

These are all such great ideas! Thanks to the OP for asking such a great question. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm heading down in Jan./Feb. for a long trip with 3 of my kids. We'll have some non-park time in there, so this is perfect. Since it's just me and the kids, we won't do much table service dining, but I'm sure there are snack things to get along the way. This sounds like so much fun.

Not to get off-topic, but this reminds me of when I was young, and we would go to "Disneyworld" before there was Epcot, or DS, or AK. It was just the Magic Kingdom, so we did take a lot of time and explore the Poly and the Contemporary. That's what I love about Disney...all the stuff there is to do besides the parks only. I'm glad we've got the time to explore.

Thanks again for all the great ideas! :goodvibes

We actually decided to tour all the resorts one day and we had a great time!

We had the POLY luau scheduled for dinner that evening, so we started out from our hotel (POFQ) and took the bus to the Studios. From there we rode the boat to the YC/BC and made a circuit around the lake stopping at the ESPN club for an early (11am) lunch on the Boardwalk.

We took the boat back to the Studios and caught a bus to AKL. From there, we took the bus to the MK and caught the boat to FW/WL. We spent a good deal of time at FW walking around and even rode the bus through the campground. From there we were back on the boat to the CR where we caught the monorail and made a circuit stopping at the GF and finally at the POLY.

It sounds really hectic, but actually it was a nice, relaxing day. We took time at each resort to browse the shops, take pictures, have a drink/snack here and there, and of course watch the animals at AKL! If someone has the time I really recommend it for an "off day".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter