• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed for nice Orlando off-site restaurant for our anniversary...

JAG107

Former Jungle Cruise Skipper
...other than Bull & Bear? We're staying at BLT the week after Thanksgiving and will be out and about in a rental car for one day and arranged for a local family member to watch our younglings for the night. DW doesn't really dig V&A-style fancy, but I would like to take her somewhere nice that's offsite (since we always do ME and never have a car when we're at the World). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have anything else planned and a particular area your going to be in? Are you looking for nearby (nearby to me generally means within 20-25 minutes? since it takes about 15 to get off of property). Can you describe the style you are looking for, not victoria and alberts isn't really much to go by... Any particular cuisine?

The first one that comes to mind if this is all your night is going to be is Columbia in Celebration. It's about 15 minutes from most of Disney property. It's elegant enough for a date night but still family friendly so not the v&a over the top. Also available in celebration you can do a nice lake side walk, sit down, grab ice cream or macaroons and it's rather peaceful and a nice relaxing time. There's also other places in the same area but not sure I would recommend them for a special parents date night or they go a little closer to v&a style and price.

@disneysteve is extremely well versed in area dining options, he'll probably have a recommendation or 10. i'm still getting familiar with the area having recently moved here.

Last edited:
We aren't too particular about types of cuisine, nor will we be in any particular area. We will be traveling back from the vero beach area in the evening. Celebration sounds nice, we've never been over there.
I guess I'm more interested in something possibly unique to Orlando, something I can't get at home in California. Thanks again!

Funny, but the first place that came to mind wasn't offsite - Il Mulino at the Swan.

As for offsite, I agree that Celebration is a good choice.

Also, there are a bunch of nice places on "restaurant row".
http://www.visitorlando.com/things-to-do/orlando-districts/restaurant-row/
Some of them are chains (Morton's, Seasons 52, etc.), some are unique. I'd say you really can't go wrong with any of them so it just depends on what you're looking for.

Why not try " The Villa de Flora " Restaurant at The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

It is on The Osceola Parkway ( 6000 W. Osceola Parkway Kissimmee FL 34746 )

Phone 407 586 1114

Parking in the self Parking is FREE if you get your Parking Ticket Stamped

Another place to try , but a bit longer to drive to , is

" Nicker's Restaurant " at The Mission Inn Resort & Club

10400 County Road 48 Howey -in - the Hills FL 34737

Phone 352 324 2718 Resort no 352 324 3101

I also cast my vote for Celebration. We loved our meal there and it's a quaint place to stroll around. I would go with Cafe D'Antonio which was excellent Italian food. It's a nicer place but not formal. There's also Columbia Restaurant which I am very eager to try but haven't been there yet. I would enjoy either for a nice anniversary dinner.
The Columbia is not unique to Orlando, but is unique to Florida and the original location is Florida's oldest restaurant. The food looks fantastic.

We do like Cafe D'Antonio. Columbia for dinner can be a bit disappointing. We like it for lunch (love the 1905 salad with black bean soup or half cuban sandwich).

Seasons 52 is great. It is the perfect spot to dine if watching your weight.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, the all you can eat meat fest at Texas D Brazil is amazing.

Chathams Place ranks right behind Victoria & Alberts on Trip Advisor.

A few years ago we ate at Emeril's in Citywalk and had a great meal. We have also eaten at a few other Emeril Lagasse restaurants in Vegas and have had great meals. They aren't cheap but they aren't stuffy either.

Definitely Seasons 52, but also consider Eddie V's on Orlando's Restaurant Row (Sandlake Blvd.) Ask for a table by the windows for the view.

We love Winter Park. Beautiful downtown area to stroll around and very good restaurants - art museums etc - Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is really good. The Lavas bread is a must. It's our favorite day trip - or for a splurge the Alfond Inn is really, really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter