Advice needed for Dinner at Artist Pointe

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
I have a couple questions. I'm planning my honeymoon dining. I can't believe it's already time to make the reservations!!:bounce:

So here are my questions:

1. How much should I expect to spend on dinner at Artist Pointe? Worth the experience??? What's so great about it?

2. I'm also planning on doing a dinner at California Grill. So what day would be better for California Grill?? Or last day there? Or our relax day? I was orignially thinking that our relax day, we could go to Artist Pointe for dinner (not going to the parks that day) and then do California Grill and fireworks on the last day.

Thanks for any advice!

I can't believe I'm at the Three Month mark!! Holy cow!! I can't wait!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

DH and I stayed at WL on our honeymoon this past August and ate at Artist Point. Such a
fantastic meal! Definitely worth every penny. I believe for 2 glasses of wine, his Salmon and my Filet it was around $75 and I think that was w/out the tip. They did know it was our honeymoon and we got the berry cobbler on the house for the occasion. So yummy, but we were kind of full from dinner so didn't eat too much of it. Paul was our waiter and he was AWESOME! Really nice guy and knowledgeable about the wines they serve.

We did this dinner on our 'relax day' too. Went shopping at DTD during the day and had the lovely dinner to look forward to. Enjoy!

Oh and you'll have to let us know how you enjoyed California Grill. I would love to try that on our next trip in (gasp!) 2005!

Thanks Debbie!!

I'm so excited right now I can't even stand it!!! AGHHHH!!!

We're getting married down there too!! Aghhh!! At the Swan. I really can't wait.

Thanks for the info and I think I'll do Artist Point on our relax day!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Congratulations on your wedding!! Enjoy the planning of that and of course your honeymoon!!

We just ate at Artist Point a few weeks ago and it was awesome. My DH and I both got the Cedar Plank Salmon and it was the best ever!! We did not order any wine or anything but we did have our son who got a kids meal, so it kind of balanced out. We both got dessert, I think it was around $105.00. We also got a DVC discount, so I think before it was closer to $120.00

You can look on Debs site to see the menu's and get an idea of prices. www.wdwig.com

We went to the California Grill in July when we did a little get away just the 2 of us. It was great, but we also went to the Flying Fish and we LOVED it there. We sat at the "chef's counter" and watched the chef's go. It was so cool. The California Grill we liked, and would return sometime, but we were a little bummed out becuase we were in the "wine room" and our table kinda had no view whatsoever. I think they said they do not seat children in that room:confused: But we much would have rathered a table out front with a view of the MK or Seven Seas Lagoon and had noise LOL. Our server did mention to us the observation deck when Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks began though.

Enjoy!!!

Congrats on your wedding!!

I would recommend the Cali Grill on a night that there are fireworks. depending what time of year you are there, there are not fireworks every night. we were even there at the end of may last year, and there were only fireworks 2 times the entire week... check on this because reservations will go quick esp if the fireworks are not shown nightly. This is one of our favorite restaurants... it is really amazing.

as for the artist pointe, it was pretty good. one work of advice: bring a sweater. it was FREEZING IN THERE!!!!! this may be the reason i only thought it was "ok" bc i couldn't enjoy my meal bc i was TOO cold. my FH and i both ate and had apps but no dessert, i believe we spent about $80-90.

also... when making PSs be sure to mention that you will be celebrating your honeymoon. i have heard that sometimes this helps you get a better table, and esp at the CG, a table by the window is a must...

HTH and have fun planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter