Advice Needed- Changing Dates

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by mom2cobysyd, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. mom2cobysyd

    mom2cobysyd CanWeGoBacktoDisney

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    141
    We currently have a reservation in July for BLT but have decided that we want to go during the holidays in December instead. Will it be better to cancel the July reservation all together now and then call on our 11month mark for our December trip or is it easy for MS to just cancel and rebook all in one phone call? Any advice would be helpful!
     
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Guest Advertisement


    to hide this advert.
  3. CarolMN

    CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 1999
    Messages:
    23,693
    If there is no chance you will go in July, cancel that trip now. December books quickly. Even though MS could do it all one call, it's better to not "waste" time if you are booking something popular, like standard view or MK view. If you are getting lake view at 11 months, it doesn't matter.
     
  4. mom2cobysyd

    mom2cobysyd CanWeGoBacktoDisney

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    141
    Thanks for the tip- we are going to try to get a standard view 1 bedroom (but can fall back on Lake View if need be but just didn't want to borrow additional points from the next year if we didn't have to). The only reason we would keep July would be if we could not get any reservation at all the week we want to go in December.
     
  5. Crystal_27

    Crystal_27 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    3,215
    If you are using your July reservation as a fallback, then I do think that you should keep it until after you've successfully gotten what you want in December. If you cancel the July reservation now, who knows if you would be able to get it back if your December trip didn't work out. Either way, good luck!! :goodvibes
     
  6. mom2cobysyd

    mom2cobysyd CanWeGoBacktoDisney

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    141
    What is your opinion on how hard it would be to get Dec 16-Dec 23 (standard or lakeview) at 11months out? If those that are experienced getting reservations for December think it would be hard, then I will keep July. We would also be willing to stay at a different DVC resort but I could not try for that until 7 months out.

    Any thoughts??? What would any of you do in my situation?
     
  7. cel_disney

    cel_disney DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1,422
    Not sure if there is enough info on BLT, but those arent the cheapest weeks so it shouldnt be impossible! especially if you call exactly on the 11 month window! You could always walk the ressie a day or two if you needed too!

    We booked at our 11 month window for Dec 4th - 11th on Monday, but we wanted 1 BR Lake View so not as big a draw as Standard...
     
  8. Disneycouple99

    Disneycouple99 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1,134
    I have been reading a lot of people are having to waitlist the MK view and Standard views for Dec. calling at 9:00 am at the 11 month window. It could be a problem to get the Std. view. On the other hand at 7 months it could be hard to get anything. They may have openings at SSR, OKW, or AKV but you just never know. Can you say rock and a hard palce.
     

Share This Page